21 day hold.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default 21 day hold..

Hello guys, Is there any way to get around the 21 day hold? could I just state that i will not ship the item until 21 days after payment or is there another way around this?

Any help would be great!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-03-2013

hi mate
if you ship it and get a tracking number once its been delivered you can then phone paypal and they will track it and then release the funds.
DO NOT PHONE THEM UP OR HAVE A LIVE CHAT AND SAY THAT YOU WILL NOT POST UNLESS THE FUNDS ARE CLEARED FIRST.
THEY WILL CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT STRAIGHT AWAY FOR CREATING A BAD BUYER EXPERIENCE.

i know as i did it and iv now learnt not to do it.
a 21 day hold is a pain as im on it now there is no way around it.
i wait 3 days and then send a message to the buyer asking for feedback so i can get the funds released since im on a 21 day payment hold.
weve all been through it so they often leave feedback straight away.
just be polite lol
Old 03-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I send the items without shipping tracking because its cheaper and my items have very low profit but i sell a lot.

I have open new accounts (stealth) and having this problem..

I will not send my new items without first receiving payment into my bank account because buyers take advantage of sellers who don't use tracking, and then get refunded and i will be out of pocket.

Any ideas?
Old 03-03-2013

Longevity: 69%

If you are not prepared to play the game then you are doomed. You can't dictate the rules to PayPal.
Old 03-03-2013

hi again
i also sell low priced items and lots of them.
example 1.99 phone cases.
here is a tip that works for me.
in every packet i put in a a4 piece of paper saying thanks for buying and if theres happy with the service please leave feedback etc.
and if there not happy to contact me to resolve problems blah d blah.
tell them that your on a 21 day hold so there funds are tied up and you want to deliver other customers parcels before you get any negatives etc
also explain how the five star feedback works.
if you recieve a 4 star it may aswell be a 1star so you need a 5 star because if you get too many ebay will remove you.

i did this and my 5 star feedback then kept rolling in and my funds were getting cleared.

i did once run out of paper so i didnt put any notes in and the feedback i got was all 4 stars etc or negatives for clothes that didnt fit them etc.

stupid reasons like that.

and then as soon as i got paper again and printed out the notes again i started getting 5 star pos again.

now i make sure i have lots a4 paper
also
DO NOT MESSAGE YOUR BUYERS UNLESS THEY ASK A QUESTION
once you ask a question it leaves them that category to leave a negative
also
offer free postage
then they cant leave a negative for postage costs.

in the 4 categorys you halfed the chances of getting 2 low dsrs just by not messaging them or by having posting costs
The Following User Says Thank You to schris142 For This Useful Post:
chrisfo (03-03-2013)
Old 03-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the help!

Is there any way to bypass this or shall i just state that then item wont be shipped until paypal has released the funds up to 21 days or will ebay remove my listing?
Old 03-03-2013

Longevity: 65%

I dont think you are understanding the game known as ebay .
If you start stating things like that 2 things will happen.
No one will buy your wares.
Ebay will remove listings and start looking at your account.
Both scenarios are not good for business.

21 day holds go off the account once ebay / paypal know your not a scammer usually 90 days of selling and 10 sales.
If you dont want to ship items before you have cleared funds you need to find another route to market as this is the rules with ebay for new sellers.

If you dont use tracking then you need to get the punter to leave feedback as this also releases the funds early .
But your plan of not shipping until you have the cash will kill your account.
Old 03-03-2013

Longevity: 68%

I had this on one of my stealth accounts, a complete pain yes but it wont last forever. Do as schris142 says and you won't have a problem.

As others have said, laying down your own rules to eBay and PayPal will simply result in them closing your accounts; remember they don't need you, you need them.

One thing I do disagree with on what schris142 is saying is; don't contact the buyer; I used to contact my buyer a few days after the sale, asking if everything was ok, any issues etc. Generally all resulted in a response of yes all fine, thanks, feedback left.

From what I have heard and read before, the 21 day restriction should lift after 90 days from your first sale.
Old 03-03-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfo View Post
could I just state that i will not ship the item until 21 days after payment or is there another way around this?

Any help would be great!
This is not how it works.

I never see a 21 day hold ever.

Ship the item fast and 2-4 days after delivery or so I see the money released.

Not shipping the item within 1-4 business days will cause you lots of trouble.
Old 03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidson View Post
I had this on one of my stealth accounts, a complete pain yes but it wont last forever. Do as schris142 says and you won't have a problem.

As others have said, laying down your own rules to eBay and PayPal will simply result in them closing your accounts; remember they don't need you, you need them.

One thing I do disagree with on what schris142 is saying is; don't contact the buyer; I used to contact my buyer a few days after the sale, asking if everything was ok, any issues etc. Generally all resulted in a response of yes all fine, thanks, feedback left.

From what I have heard and read before, the 21 day restriction should lift after 90 days from your first sale.
in response

schris here
i did used to contact my buyers to tell them is on its way and also provide tracking numbers etc and i used to ask a few days later has it been recieved safely etc and could they leave feedback when they get a chance as i would like to show ebay im trustworthy.

i say i did used to do this until
i got 3 people who were complete A holes.

these buyers had said that yes they recieved there items and that they didnt like being harrassed for feedback and any further coms will result in me being reported to ebay.

also the only reason they would give feedback is if they felt that the transaction warranted it if the seller had done something special.

funny thing is these buyers had 1000s of feedback as sellers so they didnt mind accepting it but they wouldnt leave it.

when id asked them again 30 days later for feedback because id been asked by ebay messaging service too they left me negatives and comments like harrasment etc.

now i just dont send them messages unless they ask a question.

some people on ebay are idiots and im sure they are there just to get you kicked off.

the main one i hate is the
it come from a smokers home so i want a refund excuse
even tho i dont smoke,
what will it be next
the seller must have had a chineese for tea because there items stink of soya sauce lol
Old 03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
This is not how it works.

I never see a 21 day hold ever.

Ship the item fast and 2-4 days after delivery or so I see the money released.

Not shipping the item within 1-4 business days will cause you lots of trouble.
its only for new sellers with 0 feedback i get it everytime
Old 03-03-2013

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
I send the items without shipping tracking because its cheaper and my items have very low profit but i sell a lot.

I will not send my new items without first receiving payment into my bank account because buyers take advantage of sellers who don't use tracking, and then get refunded and i will be out of pocket.

Any ideas?
Just play the game . I dont see what the big deal is. so obv your items are so inexpensive you dont want to put tracking even tho tracking is free when printed by pp. You will learn getting burned is part of running a business. It sucks but i learned just go harder the day you hear about it or next and it will even out. I use to send alot of the 2-4 dollor items i was shipping by stamp. Never had a problem. The few times i got burnt i just thought it was funny. Only thing you can do to get off 21 day hold is ship items fast with tracking .
Old 03-03-2013

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by schris142 View Post
in response

schris here
i did used to contact my buyers to tell them is on its way and also provide tracking numbers etc and i used to ask a few days later has it been recieved safely etc and could they leave feedback when they get a chance as i would like to show ebay im trustworthy.

i say i did used to do this until
i got 3 people who were complete A holes.

these buyers had said that yes they recieved there items and that they didnt like being harrassed for feedback and any further coms will result in me being reported to ebay.

also the only reason they would give feedback is if they felt that the transaction warranted it if the seller had done something special.

funny thing is these buyers had 1000s of feedback as sellers so they didnt mind accepting it but they wouldnt leave it.

when id asked them again 30 days later for feedback because id been asked by ebay messaging service too they left me negatives and comments like harrasment etc.

now i just dont send them messages unless they ask a question.

some people on ebay are idiots and im sure they are there just to get you kicked off.

the main one i hate is the
it come from a smokers home so i want a refund excuse
even tho i dont smoke,
what will it be next
the seller must have had a chineese for tea because there items stink of soya sauce lol
Ya you cant ask more then once for feedback. Should not even ask once really. just create a slip or business card to put in package. I do that not only for feedback but also to sales off of ebay for no fees. I hate fees
Old 03-03-2013

I didn't want to go through all the replies and see if someone said it but if you provide tracking then it will go from 21 to 7 days if you have delivery confirmation it will release the funds 3 days after delivery.
Old 03-04-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:

Any ideas?
you were standing right on the ebay/paypal backyard so you play by their rule. Try to cheating on them then you should prepare for the trouble. There is no one willing to wait for 21 days before accepting the goods they paid for, you try to push this they will fought back by filing cancellation

the answer is simple : stop selling cheap items, use your math and earn proper profit with safe tracked shipping.
Old 03-12-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Hello guys, Is there any way to get around the 21 day hold? could I just state that i will not ship the item until 21 days after payment or is there another way around this?

Any help would be great!
Just had one of my accuunts that was about 90 days old 22 no negative, all 100% postive feedback

19 star ratings for "item as described" 4.6 rating
18 star ratings for "shipping/handling" 4.8 rating
18 star ratings for "communication" 4.8 rating
20 star ratings for "shipping costs" 5.0 rating

Anyways...i was on a 10 item selling per month/$1000 limit.

Today paypal lifted restrictions from all funds release immediately after i sell an item YAY!! and i get 100 items per month to sell and $5000 month selling limit

So who ever swears up and down you must have 20 DSR ratings per category first...is not true and i got my monthly limit raise today March 12th 2013.

I was so happy i jumped in joy!! Although i got plenty of others that are like this....but i was just happy to see all my accounts are now at this limit.

Man there are some really uptight ebay buyers on ebay these days..when ever i get questions on items..i am always nice and kind...but half of these chumps are rude an very haughty in attitude...cant stand that **** but i just bite my tongue and ignore it..it'll come back on heir butt later on in life anyways. Im just a little T'd off right now because this guy really was trying to call me out because he was asking about an item i had three quantities of..and by the time his smart mouth was done messaging me..all three items sold and i guess it bugged him because he came back and started saying..oh you think your all big and bad with 22 positive feedback and saying other crap ..out of the blue..it was weird....but little does he know i got 13 ebay accounts and i bring in around 2 k every month on slow months and close to 3k when it gets hot like it is right now with these new hot items i found that are golden on ebay at the moment. It was not always like this..but for the last 6 monhs its been rock'n hard lately. I bought a lot of nice tech gadges i been wanting..i wish i could put some money down on one of those new next gen consoles coming out now and just pay it off now...i just built a monster rig myself from ground up...that sucker rocks Crysis 3 at all max settings..oh and just bought a new big screen plasma lol...thanks to these two golden egg items i found..they have brought me much fortune.

Last edited by Moegames; 03-12-2013 at 10:53 PM.