MC019 eBay listing removed for Facebook likes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-04-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default MC019 eBay listing removed for Facebook likes

Hi!

Can someone shed some light on this issue please?

I know it is forbidden to sell facebook likes on eBay.com and probably few other local eBays.

I am selling on eBay.de and there are a lot of listings, from a lot of different sellers, selling facebook likes. Most of them have been doing this for at least 12 months and longer.

Here are a few examples:
and there are many many others.

So I made a few listings just likes these. They were online for about 2-3 days and then got removed for MC019!! I now have a 7 day ban for listing new items!

Can someone explain me why my listings get removed and the others stay up for months without any problems? I did not use any "facebook" logo. I only used "facebook likes" in the description, like the other sellers. Is it facebook that reports these to eBay, or are the others sellers reporting me?

I wanted to ask here first. Donīt realy want to contact eBay about this and draw attention to my account.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2013

Longevity: 64%

Well you now know the reason why your listing got removed so everything else is pointless. You should try to follow eBay's listing policies if you want to make money in the long term.

Me telling you how they get away with it will not help the situation at all, so I suggest you forget this cheap money making idea you have and start selling proper tangible goods.
Old 03-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post
Well you now know the reason why your listing got removed so everything else is pointless. You should try to follow eBay's listing policies if you want to make money in the long term.

Me telling you how they get away with it will not help the situation at all, so I suggest you forget this cheap money making idea you have and start selling proper tangible goods.

Well, the thing is, it is allowed to sell digital goods on ebay.de.

You say there is a way to get away with it? Could you please share it? I bet there are some other members who would find this info usefull too.
Old 03-06-2013

Longevity: 72%

He never said he knows how they get away with it. he said him telling you changes nothing. its crazy i see people listing mulitple beats a day. I dont worry about it i just keep moving with what i can do.
Old 03-06-2013

Longevity: 73%

It is probably your competition reporting you. If you are listing these not so ebay friendly items on a new account that could also be the problem.

If you are going to list risky items it is better to gain a little ebay trust first, then they won't care as much.

Good luck
Old 03-06-2013

Longevity: 72%

Competitors!
Old 03-07-2013

This probably isn't the advice you want to hear but it will prevent you from getting banned

Don't waste your time trying to outsmart the system. There are hundreds if not thousands of other people trying to and there will always be a handful of people who know something that you do not. eBay is a great way to legitimately make income and it is silly to jeopardize that so you can make a few bucks selling "Facebook Likes" or whatever

The removal of your listing is most likely a combination of competitors reporting it and eBay proactively searching for them.
Old 03-08-2013
Threadstarter  

The account was about 8 months old, and Iīve been selling digital products from day 1. It had 600+ feedback and only about 6 negative.

Never had any problem on ebay.de. Only when I listed the Facebook Likes, they got removed and my eBay and PayPal account banned. I already opened a few new stealth accounts.
Old 03-08-2013

The removal probably has little to do with competitors. You were randomly flagged in their system for selling digital goods, which forced the removal of your items. You were seriously banned after one policy violation? You didn't relist the item and get multiple violations?

Only way I know around it is to use another account with another name/address/PP and limit the number of items per listing although you can often sell hundreds before the bot checks up on your account.

Don't stop selling though if it's profitable enough. Don't give in to eBay's limited policies.
Old 03-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eColi View Post
The removal probably has little to do with competitors. You were randomly flagged in their system for selling digital goods, which forced the removal of your items. You were seriously banned after one policy violation? You didn't relist the item and get multiple violations?

Only way I know around it is to use another account with another name/address/PP and limit the number of items per listing although you can often sell hundreds before the bot checks up on your account.

Don't stop selling though if it's profitable enough. Don't give in to eBay's limited policies.

No, there must be something else going on. I tried to list facebook likes on that account 2 times before. But I listed only 1 item and it got removed after 1-3 days. I waited about 3-4 months between each attempt. So a bot that randomly happend to check my account is not likely!
I thought they probably check all new item listings with the word "facebook" in it. They removed it because maybe I used colors similar to the facebook blue and maybe the word "facebook" looked a litlle too much like the original logo.

So my last attempt I used a picture whit colors and the word facebook that looks nothing like the original. I thought I was safe ( I mean there are so many others selling this for a long time on ebay.de!!) so I listed about 6 versions and they got removed. I got a ban for 7 days where I couldnīt list new items, but 1 day later all my items got removed and also a PayPal ban.

So I have no clue how these other sellers can keep selling facebook likes on ebay.de. Any other seller that list something with "facebook" gets the item removed too.

Anyway, I figured out how to create new stealth accounts now, and I will stay away from the facebook likes

Last edited by Zelda; 03-09-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What matters most is ebay does NOT like facebook likes.

Avoid listing to avoid going on making new accounts.

Old 03-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Yes! Lesson learned!

But I still want to find out how the other sellers manage to do it without any problem! This bothers me and I realy want to find out! This will be my mission for the next days
Old 03-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Yes! Lesson learned!

But I still want to find out how the other sellers manage to do it without any problem! This bothers me and I realy want to find out! This will be my mission for the next days
Good to explore and try different things. You might fail or you might succeed - experimentation is key. If you post back with results, the forum can learn

I cant experiment this because 1) FB is the devil and is a waste of time to me 2) I dont have much to promote with FB even if I did find the service useful.
Old 03-09-2013

There's a seller who sells in my same category of digital goods that has had 15 policy violations this month, but he continues to sell. I mean I've seen his listings pulled 15 times, so he probably has at least 10 violations, but he keeps selling. I tried selling in a similar category but another item after my 3rd violation, and they banned me for 30 days.

No one is checking up on your account except a bot. Those eBay listings removed are mostly automated. You need a new account with all new info. Sell there for a week or so until you start getting pulled. If you have 10 aged accounts with 100 selling limit on each, you can spread those out to avoid attention.
Old 03-11-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Hi!

Can someone shed some light on this issue please?

I know it is forbidden to sell facebook likes on eBay.com and probably few other local eBays.

I am selling on eBay.de and there are a lot of listings, from a lot of different sellers, selling facebook likes. Most of them have been doing this for at least 12 months and longer.

Here are a few examples:
and there are many many others.

So I made a few listings just likes these. They were online for about 2-3 days and then got removed for MC019!! I now have a 7 day ban for listing new items!

Can someone explain me why my listings get removed and the others stay up for months without any problems? I did not use any "facebook" logo. I only used "facebook likes" in the description, like the other sellers. Is it facebook that reports these to eBay, or are the others sellers reporting me?

I wanted to ask here first. Donīt realy want to contact eBay about this and draw attention to my account.

Thanks!
I dont think it's wise to sell this on eBay. The digital good it should be like eBook or some kind of software but not Facebook Like i think.

Maybe you should find some SEO forum or Fiverr to promote your Facebook like. Just my opinion.
Old 04-06-2013

I dont get it
whats the point in selling facebook likes?
What can they be used for?
Old 04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schris142 View Post
I dont get it
whats the point in selling facebook likes?
What can they be used for?
To win Facebook contests per example.
Old 04-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Dont worry about other sellers so much - this fb liking thing is new to me but perhaps you have to find out how to make it work.