buying account vs selling account: open new one or stick with my old? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default buying account vs selling account: open new one or stick with my old?

hi guys, sorry for the somewhat cryptic title. i just bought the Stealth Book, which I've learned alot from. but i still can't decide what i should do reg. my situation:

i'm located in europe, and at the age of 15 I registered an account + paypal in my mothers name, which I sold 500-600 items under for 2-3 years. I then got banned due to low customer ratings.

i re-opened a new one under my own name, with new adress, phone number, IP etc etc about three months later. I sold and bought under this account for two years. Last september, I got my seller account restricted indefinitely due to a negative feedback (i had about 400 positives, only one negative). however, i may still buy.

i buy more than i sell due to my job, but ideally i'd sell about 20-30 items pr month.

last month, i used my boyfriends account to sell ten items (he isn't allowed to sell more), after changing his IP and deleting cookies. We've probably logged in to our different user names (last time in august/september 2013) on the same IP about ten times, but never on the computer he uses now.

the money cleared today, so he transferred it to my old paypal-account.

i mailed ebay earlier this week to ask if they would consider re-instating me, they replied no of course, and added ' If we find associated accounts being used to sell, the account will be suspended with no chance for appeals.' - now, is this standard or do they suspect anything?

so, my question is, which of the two options are 'safest':

1) buy with my own user name, and sell on my boyfriends with no link between us, except he will transfer the money to my paypal account (is this safe? the paypal have not been restricted). his account is about 1 year old, primarily a buyers account and haven't been in any trouble.

2) open a new account with my business, with a new credit card, new phone number, new ip, new adress, everything new..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-09-2013

Longevity: 65%

Realistically if you keep screwing over buyers you will be shut down - you need to get whatever issues you are having with buyers worked out

Transferring money between Paypal accounts will cause them to be linked - I would t do it - just have him transfer money to his bank account or get a Paypal debit card
Old 03-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

yeah, i know - i've never ripped anyone off, but I need to improve my shipping policy etc. do you think it's safe to keep selling on my bfs account since he's yet to be banned, or should I just open a stealth one? he hasn't recieved any warnings etc from ebay, but we have in the past used same computer, and I've also paid for items bought through his account with my paypal - keep in my mind that my paypal is fine, and that i'm only banned as an ebay seller - not as an ebay user/buyer.
Old 03-09-2013

Longevity: 65%

Why not do both?