Sell counterfeits on EBAY and you will be suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-28-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Sell counterfeits on EBAY and you will be suspended

Been following this ebay powerseller's status for about a month now and i even found the exact supplier she gets from (illegal chinese dvd copier company) and after a full year of selling dvd set boxs she was finally banned.
i dont know how thou, i mean shes a powerseller and has been reged since 02'.

if you look at her completed listings she was taking in about $1000-1500 a day in illegal dvds... lol

some of those she mad 400% profit on ... wow

eBay View About Me for guilov

Complete ER series on this supplier website is 50$ she sold one for 300..

It just makes you wonder, if these powersellers are this untrustworthy.. how are they staying on ebay for SOOO long . you can see by her feedback that people complained that they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

but seriously, how can a powerseller and registered user for 5 years get banned for like 3 negatives???? how does that happen

Last edited by djmuggs; 05-28-2008 at 03:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2008

Dumb question: how do you recognize a ⊗⊗⊗⊗? I have " bargined " for plenty of "rolex " watches in New York. but that was obvious.
Old 05-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

him/her feedback is pretty pro, its practically unblemished except for a couple here and there. Maybe it wasnt to do with there feedback but most likely some sort of violation or failure to pay there fee's

There are PLENTY of people making money illegally on eBay by selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗/counterfeits.
Old 05-28-2008

Longevity: 95%

where do u buy these illegal chinese dvds seems they are alot better then burned dvds and look more realistc
Old 05-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

you've never got those spam emails from those Chinese people with poor spelling offering to sell you every dvd that was ever created or a range of nike, jordan shoes?

i get those spam emails almost every day in my filter. other then that im guess google?, dhgate, or ask djmuggs
Old 05-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I once bought a counterfeit camera in Hong Kong. It actually took better resolution photos than the real one.
Old 05-29-2008

I know of so many powersellers selling counterfiet goods, most of which all of their customers are extremely happy with their purchases.

There are some Chinese electronics that really are great quality.
Old 05-29-2008
Threadstarter  

Like i said in another post, i use to sell counterfeit bose earphones on a friends account. Youd be able to buy 100 dollar earphones on ebay for like 50 bucks and get just as good quality product.

Chinese counterfeiting is getting sooo good that even the boxes the product come in are authentic, the letters/manuals are, and they even come with serial numbers that can be activated on the companies website.

But, I feel this is a MAIN reason ebay is tightening their grip on vero items.... If u ATTEMPT to sell more then 5 pairs of these you will be hunted down by bose corp within days and be requested to send them your inventory for inspection....

As for the dvds, some of the set-boxes i cant see being vero items.. Like say "Complete Charmed Series Seasons 1-8" or whatever... that title doesnt have a company brand name or anything... why would that be removed.???

well, when i turn 18 in june and turn my account i made last month into a sellers account i will try to sell these for massive profit... but i'll let you guys know if it works and if it does i may be willing to give the supplier's websites and wholesale lists... but as of now i cannot give their website out just yet.

Last edited by Modee; 06-22-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

I've bought counterfeits before. If you know where to shop then you can get great deals. But be careful, some are crap quality.

My wife has a two identical Louis Vuitton handbags (don't ask me why), one authentic costing $1000 from France, the other a copy from China costing $40. I can't tell them apart even when touching them.
Old 05-29-2008

I find selling counterfeits to dodgey. It's not worth the hastle that could hit you.
Old 05-29-2008

Beware of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ iphones, itouch etc. Though the quality may be good, the batteries then to suck. They explode. This one guy who bought a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ replacement battery for his cellphone, it exploded and killed him. He kept his phone in this shirt pocket.

As for the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dvd sets, she must have been selling really good copies and no one could tell the difference. My guess is some of her customers who know their stuff, reported her and got her suspended.

I am currently on ioffer and let me tell you, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dvd sets sell extremely well there. Even the customers knows its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but don't care.
Old 05-29-2008

Dear imjustem:
Now that I have stopped laughing , I will TRY to explain the handbag "situation". {.I am assuming you are a newlywed. }
This is how we operate , there can NEVER be too many of a good thing. Why do I have 36 black skirts? Six { 6} complete sets of dishes with linens to match? probably 12 wintercoats with gloves and handbags to match ?, TONS of matching lingerie...The list goes on and on. I NEED these things so I can operate in my daily life. Simple as that.
And yes, I control the closet situation, assinging space,etc.
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

I know of a great supplier, there copies are amazing, not like the crap you pick up on the streets. they constantly make copies of all the major designer brands as per new season releases. Amazingly enough they even come with all the necessary certificates, tags, cards, care booklets, i wonder how the Chinese copy these as well ?

By saying this i do not support nor condone counterfeiting and i am not selling any counterfiet items here on this forum nor on ebay.
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

I was told that some of the factories in China produce the genuine item, change some patterns etc, and produce excellent copies at lower prices. There was something in the media a couple of years ago where Nike had troubles.
Old 05-30-2008

Yeah thats right,

Big companies like Nike have their factories in China. Those factories are not owned by Nike but rather, licensed to produce shoes for them. Then some of the factories, having material and knowledge on how to produce the real ones, make "⊗⊗⊗⊗" real ones on the side for themselves. Since this cuts out the producer, (Nike) there are no more licensing fees involved and they can sell it cheaper. In college I learned about the supply chain of manufacture and I remember that $150 Nike shoes cost only $20 to produce.
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

I remember when Modee flamed, grilled and barbecued me a while back because I said that I got some of my eBay items through a factory "backdoor". That's exactly what it is. I could get real Nike shoes (which I never sold, shoes are too much work) in China from the same factory that produces the actual shoes you buy in the Nike shops in Los Angeles or Seattle. Same quality, same everything. Even down to the tags, labels and box. I'm quite sure Nike knows about it, but they won't close their own factory where they produce the shoes for $10 (not joking) or less that they later sell for $150 in their shops. And Nike is just an example, the same thing goes for many other brands. Of course there are also sellers of cheap copies, but some copies come from the same factory as the originals.
Old 05-30-2008

50 years ago when my sis & I went to the university of Colorado in Boulder. Believe it or not... we worked in a "factory" { i cannot even remember the name of it,small one} that made ladies clothes, that is correct. Right here in the USA. We would produce,say, 200 hundred dresses, BUT when it came time to sew in labels, guess what???. 50 had a macys label, 50 had a sears label. etc, the point being, we made the exact same dress just sewed in different labels and off they went. Actually it was ski clothes that we made. Egads that was long ago, BUT i DO remember the label part!!!
Old 05-30-2008

There are a lot of places online selling factory goods, which when you receive them, they are genuine.

I've sent off items to both JBL and Sennheiser and they have confirmed to be genuine. Obviously I didn't tell them they were from China, otherwise they would probably have said right off their were ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

But it's possible to get the real deal at extreme discounts, you just have to know the right people that source them for you.

It's one thing selling products thats have been "sourced" away from the rights owner, that are still identical, and another selling blatent ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Old 05-30-2008
Threadstarter  

yeah i bought a pair of nike dunks off ebay... 8 months later the shoe has its own tongue and is falling apart.

to bad i found out they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to late to file dispite =(
Old 06-21-2008
Banned

I bought a pair of jordan 4 and they ripped up after my cousin wore them for 3-4 months. I really dont like ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff gets you in trouble selling it and makes you lose lots of money.
Old 06-21-2008

That's why you buy authentic J's. I do. At Solecollector.net forums, there's tons of authentic J's. You'll never find people selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ shoes that site.

Last edited by Modee; 06-22-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-21-2008
Banned

Ill try it but I just started buying chuck taylor converse nice shoes I gotta admit goes very well with jeans and a lacoste/ralph lauren polo. I just usually wear lacoste and ralph lauren and nothin else. How many jordans you got?