How soon may I transfer or withdraw funds from a new Paypal account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-21-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default How soon may I transfer or withdraw funds from a new Paypal account?

Good day,

One reason I need to get back to Paypal is for the purpose of accepting a payment from a merchant (with Paypal business account), I was instructed that they'd be able to send me $300 if I create a Paypal account. So, if say for example I already have a new Paypal (less than 30 days old) and I already received the $300 fund. May I ask when should I attempt to withdraw this? Do I wait for the new Paypal account to age before attempting to withdraw? Or should I wait for the account to reach 30 days of age before trying to accept the funds?

Lastly, if I choose to send this amount over to another Paypal account, how soon should I do that so as not to risk both accounts getting limited?

Would appreciate all your usual kind advice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 67%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ukdirect

Sending the $300 straight on to another account might get you limited. Is the account fully verified? If so you could withdraw maybe half the balance to start with.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukdirect For This Useful Post:
Marmaroth (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

It would be wise to wait 3-4 days before withdrawing the funds from paypal.

It is always risky sending money from one paypal to another with the 'send money' button.
But if both account information is different from each other, then it should be fine. Just do not send gift payments.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
Marmaroth (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukdirect View Post
Sending the $300 straight on to another account might get you limited. Is the account fully verified? If so you could withdraw maybe half the balance to start with.
Thanks. Let's say the account was just verified by VBA/VCC since it would be a stealth account. If it were sent to a fully verified account, how soon can I withdraw your suggested amount? Do I need to wait certain number of days to be safe? The money that is being sent to me would be a "Payment"
Old 03-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
It would be wise to wait 3-4 days before withdrawing the funds from paypal.

It is always risky sending money from one paypal to another with the 'send money' button.
But if both account information is different from each other, then it should be fine. Just do not send gift payments.
Yes they are of different details. Lets say one is stealth and the other is not. If I chose to send funds, do you suggest to send them in staggered amounts? Also, what type of payment would you recommend?
Old 03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaroth View Post
Yes they are of different details. Lets say one is stealth and the other is not. If I chose to send funds, do you suggest to send them in staggered amounts? Also, what type of payment would you recommend?
I can only tell you that everything was going well until I was putting more than $1k thru accts. per month and they had just aged 90 days. Even got a PP debit card on 1. Then I got limited. Got 1 verified. Then got linked by IP. Stoopid I now know. I knew nothing of stealth practices other than what I personally learned from loosing accts.

I usually transfer anywhere from $100-300. I think if you stay under $300 and not make too many transfers.

I am not going to transfer more than $500 for awhile and see what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to joesshooze For This Useful Post:
Marmaroth (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
I usually transfer anywhere from $100-300. I think if you stay under $300 and not make too many transfers.

I am not going to transfer more than $500 for awhile and see what happens.
On the account that got limited, were you being asked to provide info like ID, SSN, etc on the stealth account?
Old 03-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

What is the payment for? Services? Gift? Item?
Old 03-21-2013
Threadstarter  

The merchant will be sending me $300 as a refund. My original payment method was via credit card but since the transaction is beyond 120 days, as per the merchant, they can no longer credit the amount back to my card. The most convenient way they can do this is to send me the funds through Paypal. Now, if I decide to have this credited to my stealth account and wanted to send this funds over to my legit Paypal account so I may withdraw later on, what do you suggest the payment type should be? Would the "subscription" method would be better?
Old 03-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: How soon may I transfer or withdraw funds from a new Paypal account?

Why not have them cut you a check and avoid all the trouble?
Old 03-26-2013
Threadstarter  

This is what I've been telling the merchant but said they cant do that. Would only want to send funds via Paypal.
Old 03-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Rubbish.

that merchant is setting you up for issues with paypal.

Why on earth are you even thinking of transferring from stealth paypal to real paypal as well?

Sorry story is fishy..... merchant sounds dodgy too.

What country paypal are you using?

Old 03-26-2013

^^^^^^^what she said for sure.Something smells.
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Rubbish.

that merchant is setting you up for issues with paypal.

Why on earth are you even thinking of transferring from stealth paypal to real paypal as well?

Sorry story is fishy..... merchant sounds dodgy too.

What country paypal are you using?

There is nothing fishy on my story. As mentioned on the first message, the initial intent was how soon may I withdraw the funds (from a stealth account). Now why on earth am I even thinking of transferring from stealth Paypal to real Paypal? First of all, I was limited some time ago. So if transferring to another Paypal would be a good option, I am planning to get assistance from a relative. I hope that clarifies the situation.

Now the merchant doesnt want to issue a check since they told me they are unable to do so. They can only send the funds through Paypal. This is what I dont understand. Anyways, this is not my issue.

And as mentioned. I haven't opened an account yet to receive this funds, so I am unable to specify the Paypal country though I am from the Philippines.
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Using a new paypal for a $300 transfer is your problem. You want help. We are trying to do just that.

Weird for a merchant to be so adamant to only use paypal as a refund portal.

I would make a better effort with the merchant to get a check.

You are facing the chance of issues because of the amount of transfer on a new account.

You have other issues unless you make a new account that will not raise any suspicion with paypal. VBA & prepaid cards are not going to look good.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Marmaroth (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013
Threadstarter  

True!. The merchant is most likely setting me for something I wont be able to recover from... Especially after knowing I'm not a US resident. If say for example I would opt to create a new account (US Paypal), what would be the best prepaid card to withdraw the funds to? I guess thats my only option for a US Paypal withdrawal.
Old 03-29-2013

No one that I can see has asked how you originally purchased whatever that the merchant owes you a refund? Because would that not be the avenue for refund?
Old 03-29-2013
Threadstarter  

The payment was processed using an authnet payment processor. I purchased a generic android tablet which was faulty. Apparently, it took a lot of time getting this resolved. They first tried to settle the matter by replacing the item. Of course since I'm from overseas, it would take time. So overall, the resolution process took about 5 months. Now as per the merchant, they can only process refund via authnet processor if its within 120 days. Since its beyond that, they may only send me the funds via Paypal.
Old 03-29-2013

I know hind sight is 20/20 but I would have disputed the charge the moment there was ANY type of issue. "Just in case". I would just transfer slowly. $100 every 3 or 4 days. I transfered a whole lot more than that without an issue. Account still good. The eb that was linked to it is the issue. Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to joesshooze For This Useful Post:
Marmaroth (04-03-2013)