Paypal / Ebay alternative ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Exclamation Paypal / Ebay alternative ?

paypal and ebay have gotten so bad. it is interesting that there are these forums and even google advertisements to try to get around ebay/paypal security! Also, go to youtube , and search for paypal .

is there an alternative? some options would be:

shop.com
amazon.com
buy.com
craigslist.com
Google Product Search <--this is really good, i get all my stuff from here instead of ebay for now on. also, sellers check out google's link for this, as it is free to post!!! : Information for Sellers

maybe everyone can start selling above instead. as a buyer -i do not mind paying a bit more, just as long as i know it will be safe and i will get my product. and i dont want to worry about getting LIMITED either! i dont like playing thier stupid game!

also, ebay has applied too many security metrics , that it just isnt flexible anymore. i mean for a common user -who just wants to sell a lamp or something, has to jump through all these hoops , thats making it too complicated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2008

Longevity: 94%

To be frank, there is no good good alternative to eBay other than your own website, which you can promote via adwords.
Old 05-31-2008

Longevity: 92%

mantis- have you ever sold on amazon.com?
how is it? good traffic? fees? are they strict like ebay?
Old 05-31-2008

No I haven't 2exclusive, it looks far to complicated, and I've always just used eBay.

However some people do have success for certain items I know that much.
Old 05-31-2008

oh ok, yea i tried to sign up and get started on amazon but it really is complicated, i don't think they accept paypal for some things, not sure though.
Old 05-31-2008

No they have their own payment checkout I believe. Accepting paypal would be no fun for Amazon
Old 05-31-2008

yea, thats what i thought. lol
Old 06-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Australias got oztion
Old 06-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

It all depends on what you are selling. If you are selling collectible Pez dispensers, Ebay is the ONLY game in town. People selling collectibles/memorabilia do not have much in the way of options but for other categories Amazon/google Base/ ecrater, bluijay, ioffer, Craigslist etc.. could be good.

An example, a friend of mine sells Music collectibles, he has 4500 items in his ebay store, and sells big $$$ on ebay. He replicated the listings on Amazon and only moves 30 items per month from 4500 listings. Amazon blows if you sell collectibles. He then put his 4500 listings in Google base and directed them to his site, He is selling one hundred plus items per month from that, not enough to equal his ebay volume but still very good for another channel.

So it depends on what you sell. If you sell books or DVDs Amazon (if you use fufillment by Amazon) rocks. But if you sell collectibles Amazon blows.
Old 06-03-2008

the cynic - do you sell on amazon? what is it like? for ex. the fees, are they strict... etc.
Old 06-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2eXclusiive View Post
the cynic - do you sell on amazon? what is it like? for ex. the fees, are they strict... etc.
I have had a Amazon sales acct for 2 years, not much volume in collectibles there so i don't do many listings, I am going to FBA though, so I will be adding more in the coming months.

Opening an Amazon selling was about the same as an ebay sellers acct, credit card and valid address, phone, email confirmation. the fees they charge are 15% of the item price +/- 1 dollar if you are a pro merhcant ($50/month) they also give you 2.99 to $4.99 to cover your shipping costs depending on item weight. Their fees all told add up to about the same as combined ebay/paypal. But there is much LESS hassle selling amazon, I have never gotten a presale email or have ever had wrangle with a customer. Their process is SO MUCH easier for sellers.