Selling liquidation clothing on Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 03-24-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Selling liquidation clothing on Ebay?

Hi I am just wondering if anyone here has had success at selling name brand clothing from liquidation websites on ebay or amazon?

THanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2013

Longevity: 66%

Yes, if you wanna sell name brand items prepare to show photos and invoices showing you got the items legally. Not good for dropshippers but good for investors if you know whats hot and whats not
Old 03-24-2013

Longevity: 70%

pictures, pictures, pictures, and plenty of proof.
Old 03-24-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

What happens is a thousand other buyers from the same liquidation site has both ebay and amazon loaded up with the same product.

It might say liquidation but the same sellers keep adding more and more of the same product therefore the market has been saturated with the same name brands.

Lots of competition.
Old 03-24-2013

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
What happens is a thousand other buyers from the same liquidation site has both ebay and amazon loaded up with the same product.

It might say liquidation but the same sellers keep adding more and more of the same product therefore the market has been saturated with the same name brands.

Lots of competition.
Sally is correct. Lots of competitors with the SAME EXACT brands, and styles.
Old 03-24-2013

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
pictures, pictures, pictures, and plenty of proof.
Amen to that

Quote:

Lots of competition.
This is not 100% true , if you got Some cash to invest you can buy more rare clothing with really low competition. But the best deal you can get is when a brandname store are going to close and you drive a truck over there a pay them cash and get their last inventory. Oh and i want to clarify that liquidation sites is not the best solution cause just like sandy wrote , there will be competition with same clothes bought at same price as you.

Last edited by Univerzal; 03-24-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Univerzal View Post
Amen to that

This is not 100% true , if you got Some cash to invest you can buy more rare clothing with really low competition. But the best deal you can get is when a brandname store are going to close and you drive a truck over there a pay them cash and get their last inventory. Oh and i want to clarify that liquidation sites is not the best solution cause just like sandy wrote , there will be competition with same clothes bought at same price as you.
I have bought from liquidation sites for many years and seldom find anything rare on any of the 30 or so sites I have purchased from. And when something is kinda on the rare side believe me other people are all over it. People dont miss a so called hidden gem, way too many people with the same knowledge out there.

For instance one site had 40 Burberry jackets up for auction. Burberry usually does not end up at a closeout site so thinking it would be a great deal if the price is right. With 5 minutes to go I am watching and waiting it out to see the bidding. Thinking wow this could be a steal.

1 min to go and no action. 30 seconds to go some minor bump and I put in my bid I know I can make money with. Bam, the price ends 4 times my bid and at the same cost I can buy them on ebay for.
Old 03-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laritha View Post
Sally is correct. Lots of competitors with the SAME EXACT brands, and styles.
Who is Sally?

Old 03-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

That is only going to happen should you have the insider info on the closedown.

Schmutter trade deals are almost a closed shop in this day & age. Was not the case say 12-15 years back.

Old 03-25-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

If you are good at knowing what is popular fashion now then go for it. Remember what is popular today might not be popular next month. Forecasting is something that im good at.

However, liquidation charges way too much from my experience especially shipping charges SMH. People bid way too high to the point of barely making any profit. This is what I do. I write down about a list of ten things I believe is popular then I research to find the cheapest price that I can get for those ten items. I then spread them through out many of my accounts and from that point I will be able to see if I was right or wrong. For those that I was right I will buy more and for those that I was wrong, I discontinue and search for something else to replace that product.

I work from different laptops at many different house-holds with different everything so it is hard to track me from anyone. Research research research...I have found golden websites that you can make a good profit off of in the U.S. and I also have a product that I know for a fact that no one on this website ever sells or think of selling.

I dont sell it online because it will do poorly but I am only able to do that because I live in Los Angeles. For example, if I lived in Arizona, New York, Las Vegas ect I would not sell a lot of that product but it will score big in Utah, New Zealand & California.

Its all about researching, and knowing the audience that you are trying to reach. Research research research....

Last edited by NGALO1983; 03-25-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old 03-25-2013

Damn you NGALO ! good post , i wonder what special product you sell. Liquidation sites (popular ones) usually have higher prices but there are Some gold mines where i actually call them up and get everything dirt cheap, but one important thing just as NGALO1983 writes in the post above is that if you have structure and know whats hot then you should try it TS , but play it safe
The Following User Says Thank You to Univerzal For This Useful Post:
NGALO1983 (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Who is Sally?

caught that too but Sandy is above all of it
Old 03-25-2013
Banned

Quote:
Damn you NGALO ! good post , i wonder what special product you sell. Liquidation sites (popular ones) usually have higher prices but there are Some gold mines where i actually call them up and get everything dirt cheap, but one important thing just as NGALO1983 writes in the post above is that if you have structure and know whats hot then you should try it TS , but play it safe
I agree with you both but again a lot of smart people out there that also knows to research hot items and will be bidding up pallets etc like mad.

A lot of luck goes into buy liquidations, and timing.

One closeout co close to me does not put what they have got in the last two days on the website until the third day so if I have time and hit them at the right time I can grab a deal before millions of people online see it.

Research is key in everything you do, but remember others know that also.
Old 03-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

If you sell brand clothing, receipts and picture proof is a good way to support the listing
Old 03-26-2013
Banned

Another thing you have to be careful with in selling items like this is the competition is fierce and your listings will be reported on any new or newer account.

Have your paperwork, invoices etc ready.

Make your listing in detail, dont make it short and sweet like you are dropshipping either.
Old 03-26-2013

Quote:
Another thing you have to be careful with in selling items like this is the competition is fierce and your listings will be reported on any new or newer account.

Have your paperwork, invoices etc ready.

Make your listing in detail, dont make it short and sweet like you are dropshipping either.
The last lines here is something to remind, i talked with ebay yesterday and they mentioned how important it is to have as much details as possible, no matter category