Ebay takedowns almost closing my business - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 03-27-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Angry Ebay takedowns almost closing my business

I have been in customer service all my life & I am only 40. I took an early release package from the civil service & put all my money on ebay. Many say not to put all your eggs in one basket. But I did. I wanted to be different & provide an excellent service. Getting 100% 700+ positive feedback on one account & 100% 5800 positive feedback on the other is no easy task.Some large power seller has been trying to shut me down for the past 3 months & I was selling 100 items a day.

They falsely complained about intellectual property rights from Apple & removed many of my listings. I contacted Apple & they confirmed that they have no issue with my products. However ebay brought my policy compliance to low & restricted my selling for 1 week. I stopped selling these items for phones & continued with my other unbranded items. Then, last week 3 of my listings were removed & I have been restricted from listing new items for a whole month.

My policy compliance is now very low & I am in the verge of being shut down by ebay. I contacted them & they do not let me know the reason why my items were removed. It was a LED side light car bulb & a high power laser pointer which were all unbranded. I am totally messed up & have no proper direction at the moment due all this. Sorry for such a long message. Just crying out loud.
Best regards
Jerry_man
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 79%

age old tale I'm affraid....you lucky you still have the account.

i would stop selling on it and do a few thing to help it recover over time..

Consider going stealth.

if you put you life into this, you should consider opening a website and not relying on ebay and PP so much

Look for other places to sell your wares.

ebay is only one selling channel.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via MSN to Imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_man View Post
They falsely complained about intellectual property rights from Apple & removed many of my listings. I contacted Apple & they confirmed that they have no issue with my products. However ebay brought my policy compliance to low & restricted my selling for 1 week.

I would get this in writing from Apple & forward it on to EB
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 65%

So sorry to hear this, maybe consider going stealth like most of us on this forum, spread your sales over different accounts so that your eggs are not in that one basket.

I would fight for your old accounts first though, what have you got to lose, Imposter has a point, try to get it in writing from apple and if not open up stealths and let this one sit for a few months till the policy compliance changes back to normal.

All the best
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 66%

And spread the "eggs" world wide! open up a website / online store a get that Apple text on it, Use free marketing services, go stealth and try to save the accounts, sell on local markets, dont hesitate just do it, all you need to know can you find on this site.....welcome to the forum
Old 03-29-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for the great answers & help. I really need that. After I had my first one week suspension I tried my very best to reason with ebay. I knew there wont be any resolution. I kept on reading on many forums of this sort of problem other ebay members have suffered. Then I stumbled upon this site & has been a wealth of info. I have purchased eBay Stealth & have just gone stealth. My website is under construction & should go live very soon. I have stopped listing from my both accounts & have let it cool down for the 6 month period. I have listed on CQout & eBid. But traffic is very poor. Any good online auction sites anyone can recommend?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry_man For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-30-2013)
Old 03-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

The traffic on those sites is dead compared to ebay & i doubt you will find somewhere else like ebay, which is why they treat us this way, as they own the monopoly.
Old 03-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Your story isnt unique but its a good time to go stealth - make new accounts, make sure they stay linkfree and build.

Need to make sure that you capitalize on all selling platforms -
Old 03-30-2013

Longevity: 75%

Quote:

It was a LED side light car bulb & a high power laser pointer which were all unbranded. I am totally messed up & have no proper direction at the moment due all this. Sorry for such a long message. Just crying out loud.
Best regards
Jerry_man
High power lasers are not allowed on ebay
go stealth with at least 6 accounts its the only way to go with eBay
they push us too far and like others have suggested get a website running asap
and good luck

Last edited by stevebills; 03-30-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-30-2013

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via MSN to ZoonVoo Send a message via Yahoo to ZoonVoo Send a message via Skype™ to ZoonVoo

We all started like you, want to be different, Unique ( straight forward no tricks, excellent customer service...etc) look around you are not the only one, time to go stealth, with ebay there is one rule for me fight fire with fire, I am not saying that you stop being honest, but if you can trust the devil, then put your trust on ebay and paypal
Last thing, do not let ebay kick you out of your business, I would say sell on Ebay, Amazon, ioffer and your own website too...good luck

AVS card ( PayPal, Ebay, Amazon, Moneybookers...etc ) $10..Min order 5 cards
VBA to verify US PayPal.....$9 ... Min order 5 VBAs
Old 04-09-2013

Longevity: 63%

Cant recommend you setting up your own web site enough. You will discover 2 things:
1) The ongoing fees with an off-the-shelf shopping cart provider are likely to be much less than ebay's fees
2) You will find that unlike the vast majority of ebay users not all of your customers are solely interested in price, many are more equally interested in quality
Old 04-12-2013

I really feel for you but your back up plan sounds good.

In regards to other platforms of selling I agree with those that have said set up your own website. If you know your products sell then set up a website which can easily be done from free. Depending on which route you take. You will have full control and won't have to worry about relying on Ebay or other selling sites.

I would also look into selling on Amazon.

A lot of people underestimate the power of selling on Gumtree, Facebook & Twitter too.
Old 04-30-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hello everyone,
Thanks for the great advise. I have purchased the stealth guide & have gone completely stealth. Have contacted a lawyer & they are in contact with ebay for my listing removal. Have just completed website & it has gone live. However needs a bit more work done by me as the web designer did not fully do his job.

Thanks everyone for the help given.
Best regards
Jerry_man
Old 04-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Hey Jerry,

Sounds like a lot what happened to me on my Amazon and Ebay account. Sounds like the same Apple product although eBay were alot more forgiving and just gave me a policy penalty. I was able to still sell reasonably well with other items (obviously removing the offender).

Amazon though was a different case and they completely blocked my account with a "wash our hands of it" dont care state. Apparently all turned out from an IP right from Apple which was actually run by a 3rd party online brand protection firm called OpSec Security. After calling both Amazon and these Opsec guys I was just purely running into a brick wall and my only way was to go though a civil case. The items in question were sold by a reputable wholesaler based in the UK and found many more of my suppliers were selling this Generic "will work with" Apple products. I think its caught alot of ppl out you and me included.

I got the stealth guide purely for Amazon as my sales and profit margin on them was crazy, much as I hate their guts, I really dont have much choice to not ignore them. I would look at getting on Amazon straight away but be careful these guys really dont take any prisoners!
Old 05-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%

Absolutely gutted for you. Best of luck with the website and stealthing in the future.
Old 05-05-2013

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the great answers & help. I really need that. After I had my first one week suspension I tried my very best to reason with ebay. I knew there wont be any resolution. I kept on reading on many forums of this sort of problem other ebay members have suffered. Then I stumbled upon this site & has been a wealth of info. I have purchased eBay Stealth & have just gone stealth. My website is under construction & should go live very soon. I have stopped listing from my both accounts & have let it cool down for the 6 month period. I have listed on CQout & eBid. But traffic is very poor. Any good online auction sites anyone can recommend?

bidorbuy

Its not for everyone but i do good trade on there.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 05-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Also worth looking into Amazon and creating your own product pages.
Old 05-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If you go amazon, be prepared for another beast.

They are worse than ebay.

Idea of your own sites seems ideal.
How are they progressing?