One year after ban - is it worth asking Ebay for my old account back? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 03-24-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default One year after ban - is it worth asking Ebay for my old account back?

I got my account suspended (MC081) just over a year ago, because as a joke I tried to sell a "date" with myself. Just a bit of fun, and no malicious intent.

I set up a stealth account and have used this successfully so far, but it is a pain because I have to do all transactions on my mobile phone rather than computer (to avoid using the same IP address).

Is it worth emailing them asking for it to be re-instated?

At the time I was very angry with them, and gave them a lot of abuse. All of it justified. I guess they might have taken a note of that and even now turn me down.

Incidentally although my proper address I have put as a local shopping centre - my delivery address is still the same postcode as the original one, although I have changed the letters of the road to european ones with dots on them, and the house number as seven rather than 7.
So they have not linked the two yet.

Or maybe they have seen it and have taken pity?

I did nothing wrong against Ebay or any customers or (the few) purchasers, so I think it quite wrong that they banned me, and my view remains the same on this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Dear me. That attitude will sink you with ebay.

I do understand you may have done this in fun. ebay never thinks that way. I understand your buyers may have been happy and that is great.

If you could possibly word anything with a bigger touch of humble pie in your tone, you could try.
Rest assured everything you said got logged. And will be used in evidence against you.

tbf, I am not interested in your attitude towards a shopping centre. Keep that silliness to yourself around here.

Think hard about this. It may not work.
Old 03-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Dear me. That attitude will sink you with ebay...
Yes I can't disagree with you there.
But at least it suggests that they are affected by sentiment - Maybe I should apologise to them even though I don't mean it.

I think I have two complaints: First that they will not tell you why you are suspended (the dating thing was my best guess as it happened at the time), and secondly that the ban is for life, which is a total over-reaction when there was no intent to cause harm. Leaving the user unable to correct their errors.
Old 03-24-2013

Longevity: 65%

OP, you weren't selling a yellow dress were you?
Old 03-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
huh?

No. I'm a bloke
Old 03-25-2013

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
haha, I heard of that one.
Old 03-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenhose View Post
huh?

No. I'm a bloke
zoneout wanted a date.

Has a thing for gals with yellow dresses

eBay seller accidentally posts nude picture: Blonde Aimi Jones, 21, becomes internet celebrity | Mail Online
Old 03-25-2013

Longevity: 64%

let me know how it goes...
Old 03-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

the date?

or the appeal?

Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

well I applied for my old account back, and the answer was no.

Here's the chat transcript (with names changed):

Becky Turner: Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Becky. How can I help you today?

gardenhose: Hi

gardenhose: My account gardenhose was suspended just over a year ago

gardenhose: I would like to start buying through Ebay again, so would like to request it to be reinstated.

Becky Turner: I understand that you'd like to use your ebay account and to lift the suspension. I appreciate your bringing this matter to us. Please give me 2 minutes to see what we can do in this situation.

gardenhose: thanks

Becky Turner: Thank you for patiently waiting.

gardenhose: no problem

Becky Turner: Sorry for the delay in responding.

gardenhose: there's no rush..

Becky Turner: I've checked your account and can see it was suspended due to concerns about its safe use. Unfortunately we won't be reinstating your account.

gardenhose: ok

gardenhose: bye

Becky Turner: Although I understand that you'd like to know the exact reason, I'm afraid we can't share any further information about the specific evidence that led to your account being suspended or how we discovered this, as it could help members intent on breaching our policies to avoid detection.

gardenhose: nonsense

Becky Turner: Due to the risk involved eBay has determined that you are not eligible to use eBay from this point on. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.

gardenhose: I think Ebay has made a mistake, because I have never done anything to harm Ebay or its users.

At which point I left chat.

So overall a rum effort from Ebay.
I have no idea why telling me that "selling a date" on Ebay could reveal any special detection techniques that they use - it seems fairly clear that one of their moderators saw the auction and pulled it - it's not rocket science.

I wonder whether they have made a mistake?

In any case this shows a shocking contempt towards a customer (albeit now an ex-customer) which leads me to the view that Ebay are not to be trusted in any circumstances.

I'll keep on using my stealth account I guess, but sparingly.
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Here's a message to learn now.....

ebay makes the rules.

You might not like them. But if you want to use ebay, then learn to work WITH them.

Change the attitude or become a victim.
That lets those bar stewards win.

Do not do that to yourself.

Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Hmmm well I like your sentiment, but when you're dealing with Hitler I prefer to be a Churchill not a Chamberlain.

I think now that being polite with them would not have done any good. In fact by having a go at them perhaps I encouraged some of the staff working for them to go get a job with a decent company.

I'm going to stop using Ebay completely now, unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Go stealth on ebay - work the accounts well - dont rely on them for CRITICALLY NEEDED money though...unless you master their platform
Old 03-27-2013

hell to the no
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
well I applied for my old account back, and the answer was no.

Here's the chat transcript (with names changed):

Becky Turner: Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Becky. How can I help you today?

gardenhose: Hi

gardenhose: My account gardenhose was suspended just over a year ago

gardenhose: I would like to start buying through Ebay again, so would like to request it to be reinstated.

Becky Turner: I understand that you'd like to use your ebay account and to lift the suspension. I appreciate your bringing this matter to us. Please give me 2 minutes to see what we can do in this situation.

gardenhose: thanks

Becky Turner: Thank you for patiently waiting.

gardenhose: no problem

Becky Turner: Sorry for the delay in responding.

gardenhose: there's no rush..

Becky Turner: I've checked your account and can see it was suspended due to concerns about its safe use. Unfortunately we won't be reinstating your account.

gardenhose: ok

gardenhose: bye

Becky Turner: Although I understand that you'd like to know the exact reason, I'm afraid we can't share any further information about the specific evidence that led to your account being suspended or how we discovered this, as it could help members intent on breaching our policies to avoid detection.

gardenhose: nonsense

Becky Turner: Due to the risk involved eBay has determined that you are not eligible to use eBay from this point on. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.

gardenhose: I think Ebay has made a mistake, because I have never done anything to harm Ebay or its users.

At which point I left chat.

So overall a rum effort from Ebay.
I have no idea why telling me that "selling a date" on Ebay could reveal any special detection techniques that they use - it seems fairly clear that one of their moderators saw the auction and pulled it - it's not rocket science.

I wonder whether they have made a mistake?

In any case this shows a shocking contempt towards a customer (albeit now an ex-customer) which leads me to the view that Ebay are not to be trusted in any circumstances.

I'll keep on using my stealth account I guess, but sparingly.

if its your real name..its not spalsh it round.

if you ring eby or PP to fight for an account back it takeS alot more time and effot than a short message like that.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
if its your real name..its not spalsh it round.

if you ring eby or PP to fight for an account back it takeS alot more time and effot than a short message like that.
er no GardenHose is not my real name lol. And Becky whatsit is not hers either.

What are you suggesting I could do in terms of a lot more time and effort? Grovelling, apologizing?
Not that I'll do it mind, so you might reasonably think what's the point in answering my question
Old 03-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

If you keep trying to contact ebay via chat, you will get someone who will tell you why you were suspended, but if it was a long long time ago, you will get customer service staff who cannot be bothered to look.

Which is why they give you that copy and paste message LOL!
Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Well I tried to get them to tell me at the time, but they refused to tell me even then. Citing the same reason, that if they told me what I had done wrong, it would allow me to find out how they had detected it, which would help me and others circumvent their protections in future.

Not that there is any logical sense in the above, but this is Ebay for you.

No my considered view is that they are a bunch of fascists...
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 69%

Yeah gardenhose i bet they probably used the line 'we don't have to give you a reason for why we suspended you..it's all in our terms and conditions'
eBay are very odd to be fair. I wouldn't bother trying to go back to that account because you can get lucky on eBay sometimes but in my opinion it's a rarity.
You should listen to experienced members like GreenBean and others because they've been doing this ebay and paypal business a long time, they know me than me and you.
But me myself..I'd enjoy your stealth..it's perhaps awkward to log on the way you do but why not look at other ways that are easier but still safe you to access your current account/s?
Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Oh yes I am certain those members know a lot more about stealth than I do, so have valuable contributions to make..
Old 03-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well I tried to get them to tell me at the time, but they refused to tell me even then. Citing the same reason, that if they told me what I had done wrong, it would allow me to find out how they had detected it, which would help me and others circumvent their protections in future.

Not that there is any logical sense in the above, but this is Ebay for you.

No my considered view is that they are a bunch of fascists...
See, that's where you slow yourself down.

Stop wasting the energy on what they are or are not.

Take what skills you have and play them at their own game.

Make stealth accounts that show your contempt for them, and make money.
Be a winner, not a whinger.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (03-28-2013)
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 69%

Got to agree with Greenbean. Use this passion and fire for those stealth and their babies!
The Following User Says Thank You to moneyhustler88 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-28-2013)