My ebay account got limited. Please help. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-27-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default My ebay account got limited. Please help.

My ebay got limited. The message that I received is that they asked me to verify my account. I got another email about verifying my account saying that what are you mainly going to sell on ebay?
Ans- I am mainly going to sell phone unlocks but ebay thinks their illegal and denied my request and my seller account is still limited.
I researched online and it said that unlocking phones manufactured before jan 26th,2013 is legal but for some reason ebay misunderstands that. I'm not even a new seller with a feedback of about 79 and I opened my account in August 2012.

Unless ebay unlimited my seller account, I can't list anything. Please help me to get on track and start listing again. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 68%

You selling codes if you are unlocking phones right?
Old 03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankush1998 View Post
I am mainly going to sell phone unlocks but ebay thinks their illegal and denied my request and my seller account is still limited.
I researched online and it said that unlocking phones manufactured before jan 26th,2013 is legal but for some reason ebay misunderstands that. I'm not even a new seller with a feedback of about 79 and I opened my account in August 2012.

From your post, I would interpret it as you are selling unlock codes for phones?? Unlocking phones purchased after January 26th,2013 is illegal, and has to be done through the carrier, so I hope you're not dealing with anything purchased after Jan/26th. You would need to clearly state this in your listing as well, eBay(merchant vetting) would need to be able to clearly see your disclaimer upon reviewing your account and listings.

Also, eBay probably wants to know where you are obtaining these unlock codes. Are you obtaining them legally or illegally? eBay will need to know this, and you will need to provide proof that your codes were obtained legally, and from a reliable supplier.

You said eBay denied your request...Have you already filed an appeal and they denied that as well? If so, then low chances that you will be able to reinstate the account now...

As for not being a new seller, eBay couldn't care less how many feedback's you have, or how old the account is. Accounts are suspended everyday that have well over 79 feedback's and have been active on eBay for much longer than you.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan32 For This Useful Post:
Ankush1998 (03-28-2013)
Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

On my account, I'm mostly going to sell unlock codes but also other stuff. Is it possible that i send them the invoices and receipts to the phones and video games that I'm going to sell and not the unlock codes. Then when they un-limit my selling account I will post the codes and specifically say that because of the DMCA act I will not unlock phones purchased on or after Jan 26th,2013. IS that ok? Can i reply to the original email and make sure re look and appeal it.
Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspendedfoe View Post
You selling codes if you are unlocking phones right?
I mean Yes.
Old 03-29-2013

Quote:
On my account, I'm mostly going to sell unlock codes but also other stuff. Is it possible that i send them the invoices and receipts to the phones and video games that I'm going to sell and not the unlock codes. Then when they un-limit my selling account I will post the codes and specifically say that because of the DMCA act I will not unlock phones purchased on or after Jan 26th,2013. IS that ok? Can i reply to the original email and make sure re look and appeal it.

You say "you are going to sell"... Have you sold any phone unlock codes yet? If so, then those are the invoices that eBay is specifically looking for. Phone unlock codes are kind of high risk as its easy to get them illegally, so eBay wants to make sure that you are obtaining them legally from a reliable supplier. They will be specially looking for these invoices in your fax.

As for the phones and video games, have you sold any yet? If not i wouldn't send these invoices/receipts yet. If you have sold them already, then yes send them for these too as eBay is probably looking at those on your account as well.
Old 03-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Unless ebay unlimited my seller account, I can't list anything. Please help me to get on track and start listing again. Thank you.
You must also help yourself by reading the guide and reading around the forums. Best way to begin