New Paypal Problem - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default New Paypal Problem

Ok so about 6 months ago I had a paypal account with some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info aside from my name (I was just learning how do do this). Set up a bank of america account and sold a laptop to a scammer. Opened a paypal dispute and when I proved him wrong He did the ol chargeback trick and screwed paypal out of $1100. I basically told them to screw themselves since I had the money. Heard nothing else besides the stupid emailsi they send.

Today I have a good account with all my real info linked to my business and I get limited after another fraudulent chargeback AFTER I refuned the buyer his money. So I won that case, but now they wanted SS#. After a few calls they finally caved and i was told I could use my EIN. I send that in and then suddenly they link the two accounts together.

I call and tell them I have no idea what that other account is and they state that the account numbers are the same and that if it was something with identity theft that I need to file a police report and fax it to them so that they can CONSIDER taking it off.

Normally id just say screw it and leave the account but this one has my EIN attached to it now so im a little more worried. Anyone had anything like this happen. Ive had paypal send the debt collectors at me and I just send them letters back saying essentially please prove I owe this money and they have backed off, but nothing this big.

Help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by sdot10; 06-03-2008 at 03:39 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!