Ebay Listing Danger - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Ebay Listing Danger

Hello all, I was suspended on one of my eBay accounts about six months ago while I was trying to list the item (non-vero). I got suspended for nonpayment of eBay fees or something of the sort, it was totally not related to the item I was listing at the time. I now want to list the same item(s) again with the same pictures and description. This is because it is a huge bundle and would be a hassle having to re-enter all the information. Technically even if I were to change the description around, I would still be saying the same things. My question is, am I at a significantly high risk at being suspended? Also I was thinking of a way to save myself from paying eBay (cause this listing is going to cost, oh yea) would be by contacting the winning bidder and asking him to fill out a mutual agreement not to go through with the transaction. Any thoughts or insights?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

a) theres always a risk of using the same pictures if there were taken by yourself and used on another suspended acc. i personally have always changed the pics/description because id rather put in the extra work then find my listing being pulled or acc suspended. you may be ok, you mite not, its the way ebay works.

B) Doing the mutual agreement thing may work, or it may give the buyer the feeling your a scammer or you may get one of those odd buyers who may report you or something. i have only ever used it when it was true.

if i was use id take the extra pics, but yeah just my opinion, goodluck
Old 06-06-2008

Longevity: 92%

Is it such a big hassle to save yourself from bein suspended? What do you think. If it is such a big bundle and you profit alot from it, then it is worth it to take diff. pics and des. IMO.
Old 06-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Suddenly you are going to trust a buyer and make such a arrangement? Great if it a competitor. Do it and come back and tell us how long before the account got suspended. Others have tried this and it never works.
Old 06-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

I don't change my pictures and neither my text. I've had accounts use the exact same listings down to the last dot, one was suspended in January 2008, the other one is still selling as of today.
Old 06-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the encouragement imjustme and jscan, yea I think I'm feeling risky, I'll just do it lol. I mean it seems illogical to me that the enemy would purposefully keep a database of every word and description as well as pics I used in case I decide to come back when I didn't really sell these items. I doubt its even on their radar. Well, I hope its not haha. And I meant after the auction has ended and I have been paid. The buyer would be so satisfied that he wouldn't really mind if I explained it to him about eBay taking a fee. I mean, I wouldn't mind if I were the buyer. That was what I was thinking unless I'm forgetting something here, which is likely.
Old 06-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Remember eBay has millions and millions of listings. If they saved every photo and every word of every listing they pull of every seller they suspend, their servers would be filling up like crazy. They don't. I've been doing it for months and never had any accounts suspended that used listings of other accounts. I've even used the exact same picture URL in the past when I forgot to change them to a different photobucket account and nothing happened either. Better use a different photobucket account, though.
Old 06-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI Folks:
I had over 1,200 listings last July when Suspended, (to date--only have got up about 300 of them totally)--

**IT took me over 10 yrs, to refine the listings/ with pics/descripts/ that were "Different" than Competitors---
*My items are very Specific, so they get taken down quick when using same photos...
**I have over 400 different pen and pencil refills/erasers/lead refills/--so YES_
Its alot of work!
But...What can we do???

If we want to stay alive--weve got to play this underground game..
Best of Luck )
Old 06-11-2008
Threadstarter  

I listed. Exact same pics and all. I'm fine, so I guess imjustme's assumption was right. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

IMJUSTME: I thought using the same picture URL is a fast track to being banned? How often have you used the same info?

I use auctiva and i wanted to know if I changed my info on that account but use the same listings will I be linked?

Last edited by ebaykilla; 06-11-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2008

You guys are TOO LUCKY!

I cant do it---I get the axe by sundown...
Old 06-11-2008

If you use Auctivia to host the pictures, would you still need to take new pictures? I'm asking mainly because for this one listing, I was trying to sell my used Gucci bag and had many pictures of the flaws and possible wears on it to show bidders. Even if I took new pictures, it would essentially be the same pictures...
Old 06-13-2008

It doesn't matter. Those pics will be the same pic of something but the point is that they are different.
Old 06-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

My suggestion would be to host the pictures on photobucket or flickr and change the file names. Also make sure that you have no meta data embedded in the pictures.
Old 06-13-2008

Yoko--just re-read--this is all happening after 6 months?
Is that Buyer still around to buy? If he is, then by all means, I'd ask him if he wants it..
( If the item is HIGH dollar, then the list fees based upon original list amt/and then any reserve, etc..)--Even a Patek Philippe watch, Ive listed, the fees were only $100 bucks..and the sale ended over $20k..
BTW--if you have an Ebay store--the fees are slightly less as well..