Blocking Negative Feedback Bidders = Indefinite Selling Restriction ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-28-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Blocking Negative Feedback Bidders = Indefinite Selling Restriction ?

One of my matured accounts has just received an indefinite selling restriction only a day after I discovered and blocked a negative feedback bidder (very high probability he was a scammer too, abusing eBay Buyer Protection). Thankfully, he did not win the item and I blocked his ID. This buyer had an extensive history of leaving multiple negative feedback(s) for sellers, and I was not comfortable accepting his bid..

After he started complaining through the eBay messaging system, I explained to him that I as a seller was not comfortable accepting his bid due to negatives. He pretty much messaged me with the exact words, "Is that the reason of this non-sense? You know if you push too much, I might finally get pissed... I CAN REPORT YOU RIGHT NOW to the FBI for fraud... and then we'll see..." After I'd already replied to him with my reason, I ignored this and later on he stated, "You are being reported! I'm going to give you a very hard time.." A day later, the account was selling limited and all my active listings were cancelled. These are his exact quotes and are already documented.

I've handled all this professionally with my replies, so nothing is really out of the ordinary on my eBay account; they just claim that I was "high risk." Yeah right. The buyer was clearly high risk, and I've still maintained 100% feedback and 4.8+ DSRs. Is this seriously even legitimate practice? This account is quite matured, and I don't really want to lose it.. Is there any way I could possibly contest this or pursue this legally?

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-28-2013 at 05:26 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I doubt that the buyer directly had anything to do with your account suspension. Probably just coincidence.

Or if you were selling "questionable" items and the buyer complained to eBay, one of the eBay monkeys took a closer look at your account and ...there you go.
Old 04-28-2013
Threadstarter  

So really.. All it takes is just one nasty bidder to end your days?

So many things are known as "questionable" on eBay, it's really hard to tell what their aim is.. This account has been selling the same thing straight for a couple years.

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-28-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

If you were selling those kind of items, all it takes is 1 look from an eBay employee who then decides if he closes your account or not. And it's entirely plausible that the angry buyer contacted eBay, they looked at your account and did exactly that.

But we'll never know for sure, it's just a guess based on the information that you gave us.
Old 04-28-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

My first question would be, why did the 'buyer' reply "I CAN REPORT YOU RIGHT NOW to the FBI for fraud..."

I don't understand this comment.

Personally I don't think you would get very far trying to pursue legally. I would suggest you call up eBay and TRY to find out What has happened seen as the account is of age and your feedback.

Don't talk to the silly people that answer the calls but instead try to talk to someone higher and explain that this is your business and you don't have a clue why you're account has been indefinite restriction.

Also, say that you have kept full records of this account.

I know that it's nearly impossible to get you're account back but it's worth a try. I have heard of some cases which accounts have been restored.
Old 04-28-2013

Longevity: 73%

if you are selling what we think you are selling...... as stated above, there you go.
Old 04-28-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Oh, if the above statement is true. Then your account is toast.

Shouldn't of listed these items on an aged account with such good feedback
Old 04-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfo View Post
My first question would be, why did the 'buyer' reply "I CAN REPORT YOU RIGHT NOW to the FBI for fraud..."

I don't understand this comment.
Yes, I do have full records of everything. This is a legitimate business.

That's why I didn't accept his bid. He's just using scare tactics.. He's just upset I didn't accept his bid; after all, we are the exclusive and premiere seller on eBay for these items. We make sure our feedback stays clean.

The account also had $2000+ in fees that I was going to intend to pay soon that are now going to be unpaid if the situation isn't rectified. Honestly, this is just dumb. I have backup accounts, but honestly, this is probably any sellers worse nightmare. I'm willing to accept that I sold an item on eBay's Watchlist, but I'm not willing to accept this type of abuse from a buyer. He has a history of leaving feedback like this under negatives; 200+ feedback buyer and each page has regular negatives he's left and scattered across. I always research my buyers.

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-28-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

On a legitimate account, you should have gone straight to ebay.

You allowed this buyer to control you.

No words you exchange would have defused the situation.

You never correspond with types with this sort of history.

Your CORRECT behavior as a professional seller was to report to ebay his threats.

Old 04-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You never correspond with types with this sort of history.

Consider it a lesson learned. He's still going at it; I've decided to let the chips fall as they may and move on. I didn't view his emails until today anyway, but I will consider reporting his threats.

Also, all of this happened a bit quickly, so I'm not really certain I would've been able to submit these reports before everything went down. I'm confident things would've turned out the same way if I replied or not. He was looking for an "explanation" when he already got one under his bid cancellation.

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-28-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

I understand that you are really angry at this person for making you lose you're account, but if you was selling vero or illegal goods on eBay then you will not be able to retrieve you're account back.

BUT if you believe you have not done anything wrong then do try everything you can to reactivate you're account.

As you know eBay does suck at times and they can pretty much do as they like, but some of them are good guys with some brain cells. So give them a call, talk to someone that CAN reactivate you're account. 9/10 you will lose, but if you don't try then you will never know.

Make sure you have all the docs with you to defend you're side.
Old 04-28-2013
Threadstarter  

I don't have high hopes for the account; I just don't want this happening again to any of my other accounts right afterwards or to anyone else through the same bidder. I value my chess pieces.

If this is as widespread as I think, then really anyone can get shut down instantaneously. It's not just VERO or Illegal items; I deal mostly in electronics.

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-28-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

If you regard these accounts, as chess pieces, then you need to change your method.

Even a rook should not be lost.

Old 04-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you regard these accounts, as chess pieces, then you need to change your method.

Point made. That is why I am making this an issue and warning.

I will make an effort to get this corrected or, if not corrected, make sure the buyer pays eventually for what they're doing. However, if eBay doesn't rectify this situation soon, that $2000+ in fees is only going to stay in my pocket. I can always rebuild another account slowly and use my backups in the meantime. I don't plan on paying for anything unless this situation is rectified in some manner..
Old 04-28-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:

So true! Each account that has good feedback and has been aged is worth saving.

Also review what has happened with this account and make sure you do not make the same mistakes.

Old 04-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfo View Post
So true! Each account that has good feedback and has been aged is worth saving.

Also review what has happened with this account and make sure you do not make the same mistakes.

I'm not exactly sure if there were any mistakes.. The account has been handled pretty well up until now; it was actually becoming my favorite account.

The only mistake I can see is that I was trying to avoid a problem buyer, just like any other seller would be concerned about. If that isn't realistic, I don't know what is.
Old 04-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

The mistake was dealing with them.

They are/were a weak link. ( all those negatives etc).

The line is so fine.

Reconsider your methods for the future.

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
chrisfo (04-28-2013)
Old 04-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
They are/were a weak link. ( all those negatives etc).

Good Luck

Yep. This just keeps getting better and better..

This guy is just extremely aggressive. Now he's going after buyers under my positive feedback, insisting that they are "feedback scams" and that he will report their accounts as well. I have to say just WOW, WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

Weakest link is right. If eBay is actually taking this seriously, this is really just a big joke. There was no better way to even handle this; most likely would've lead to the same result as he would've demanded answers or action.

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-28-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
So really.. All it takes is just one nasty bidder to end your days?

So many things are known as "questionable" on eBay, it's really hard to tell what their aim is.. This account has been selling the same thing straight for a couple years.
And that`s why you can never consider yourself truly saFe...eB can go back in the past, reviewed stuff up to 90 days - pulling listings, message buyers, open up claims FOR them (literally)....what works for years can go down in an instant.

Rotate sales through several stealth accounts moving forward
Old 04-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I HAVE A STRICT POLICY OF NEVER NEGOTIATING WITH TERRORISTS!!! IF YOU BLOCK THEM AND THEY CONTACT YOU NEVER RESPOND.

Honestly one buyer shouldn't be able to take you down. But having a record on eBay sending messages back and forth is always something they can use against you if something is taken out of context. They are blocked even talking to them you have nothing to gain. Best policy is if you block somebody and they start bitching just don't respond.

Responding only adds fuel to the fire. Never respond to any of these type of buyers if they haven't purchased anything from you. If they send nasty messages, as GreenBeaN said above it might be time depending on the situation to send to eBay. But responding to somebody you blocked is a stupid move to begin with.

Even in the situation of a buyer going irate that actually bought something. I always keep it simple. Just a message saying please return the item and you will receive a full refund. Some people just get off on arguing and all this. Keeping it simple I have found over the years is the way to go.

If you are on eBay you are going to deal with crazy people like this. You did good by blocking them, you should have just left it at that.

Last edited by vogeltron; 04-29-2013 at 02:38 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
LilyPily (04-30-2013), stanislav (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I HAVE A STRICT POLICY OF NEVER NEGOTIATING WITH TERRORISTS!!! IF YOU BLOCK THEM AND THEY CONTACT YOU NEVER RESPOND. You did good by blocking them, you should have just left it at that.
Terrorist; good one! Problem is I had to cancel their bid and then block them. Things were already stirred up by then; they were always going to give me a hard time due to this (demanded a reply otherwise report; judging from eBay's response time, it was most likely issued the same day before I even replied). It's too bad that I couldn't have just blindly blocked him before bidding. Don't have time to deal with this nonsense, but I'm shocked at how easily and how fast this can occur. THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE FOLKS; DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHAT YOU'RE SELLING!

I will be calling eBay up this morning to see if we can stop this abuse from continuing with other sellers. They really need to look into him otherwise they'll be guilty of hiding fraud; it's almost scary how much he is actually getting away with it. I'm not replying any further now that the account is useless, but I'm pretty sure it's just this guy that's the cause of everything (probably used the IP4 internet complaint form or something of the sort). He's claiming I have a "network" of some sort since I had so much positive feedback (even if they were all from legitimate buyers). Little does he know huh.. ?

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-29-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
Terrorist; good one! Problem is I had to cancel their bid and then block them. Things were already stirred up by then; they were always going to give me a hard time due to this (demanded a reply otherwise report; judging from eBay's response time, it was most likely issued the same day before I even replied). It's too bad that I couldn't have just blindly blocked him before bidding. Don't have time to deal with this nonsense, but I'm shocked at how easily and how fast this can occur. THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE FOLKS; DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHAT YOU'RE SELLING!

I will be calling eBay up this morning to see if we can stop this abuse from continuing with other sellers. They really need to look into him otherwise they'll be guilty of hiding fraud; it's almost scary how much he is actually getting away with it. I'm not replying any further now that the account is useless, but I'm pretty sure it's just this guy that's the cause of everything (probably used the IP4 internet complaint form or something of the sort). He's claiming I have a "network" of some sort since I had so much positive feedback (even if they were all from legitimate buyers). Little does he know huh.. ?
I have had a few times where I just canceled an auction completely to get some moron from stop bidding.

I have also on occasion when dealing with somebody suspect. Print the shipping label, then void it. When they ask were the item is say it must be lost in the mail. Then go through the process of apologizing and refunding them.

Making sure to block them from any future transactions.

Over the years I have learned what battles to pick and which ones not to.

Anyone who I think is going to go crazy trying to take my account down I try to proceed with caution. It is unfortunate but some buyers are just toxic you have to find a way to avoid dealing with them.

That is why I always suggest screening your buyers if they ask lots of questions. To look through their feedback received and what they have left for others. If they have hardly any it is a gut decision.

Last edited by vogeltron; 05-04-2013 at 04:24 AM.