Will PayPal require a SSN for a new business account (LLC) ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-05-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Will PayPal require a SSN for a new business account (LLC) ?

Hi,

I checked the 4 page thread that is stickied but it didn't seem to exactly address my concern and some of the information is from 2007 so I am not sure if anything has changed since

ebay toasted two of my accounts for VERO violations and some other things. They left me PayPal account intact. I created another eBay account using the same PayPal and sold on it fine for about 80 days and then they toasted this one too. They still didn't touch the PayPal account.

I'll take this as a warning and stop pulling this BS as I really do not want to lose my PP account.

My question: I have a registered LLC that I would like to use to open up a new paypal and ebay account. PayPal requests a name when registering as a LLC. Could I just use a slightly altered version of my name?

Second: I am assuming I can't use the same address. Can I open up a virtual office and get a mail box in NYC, Vegas, etc... and use that?

Third: I have an EIN but I have read stories that PayPal requires a SSN even for some new business accounts. Is there truth to this?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, on occasion
The Following User Says Thank You to JJGold For This Useful Post:
CH1N3S3_W@RR103 (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013

Longevity: 68%

i think paypal you can also use a dba doing business as...you can file with your state for your company...you would be the llc that is doing business as such and such name...that might help with the first question.
The Following User Says Thank You to soto13 For This Useful Post:
CH1N3S3_W@RR103 (05-06-2013)
Old 05-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, remember that you can do all these steps to make your new eB and pp stealth but if you go on with the SAME operations, SAME vero takedowns, and SAME problematic activity...no amount of stealth will save your accounts - pure logic.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
CH1N3S3_W@RR103 (05-06-2013)
Old 05-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@OP, remember that you can do all these steps to make your new eB and pp stealth but if you go on with the SAME operations, SAME vero takedowns, and SAME problematic activity...no amount of stealth will save your accounts - pure logic.
Of course. I have definitely learned my lesson here. It kills me to know that I actually blew a legitimate account that had no limits with such foolishness. Live and learn I guess

Thanks for the input everyone
Old 06-29-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Will PayPal require a SSN for a new business account (LLC) ?

Don't feel bad. I just got banned on my legitimate account because of one stupid decision. The thing I realized that in this world, if it was that easy to get blocked by making one small mistake, then it was bound to happen in the future.

I think its a sign, that while I was building a very powerfull business, it didn't get way too big where it would effect my families finances based on the sole discretion of someone at eBay or PayPal. Now I am learning the new techniques.
Old 06-29-2014

Longevity: 58%

I opened a legit LLC business with different address and phone number , I get asked for the last 4 of my social , DOB and home address everytime i log in. I just ignore it. I was told by a friend that i have nothing to worry out. I did put my EIN number in it. I used my real name, i was banned on an account with my real name last year.
Old 06-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
I opened a legit LLC business with different address and phone number , I get asked for the last 4 of my social , DOB and home address everytime i log in. I just ignore it. I was told by a friend that i have nothing to worry out. I did put my EIN number in it. I used my real name, i was banned on an account with my real name last year.
How long have you had this new account running? In theory, a LLC account with EIN and looks "new" to eBay should be as legit as it can get.

I only have experience with my own first account on eBay, I got banned from listing in a certain category but in terms of things not to do on eBay, I probably did most of them. Log in from multiple places, me, my wife, my dad all have the eBay account installed on our iPad / iPhone. I log into my ebay from multples computers in multiple contries. There have been some hasstles, but I always thought it was their security team. Only after one misstep did I get banned from a certain category, but it has been interesting to say the least.
Old 06-30-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitanc View Post
How long have you had this new account running? In theory, a LLC account with EIN and looks "new" to eBay should be as legit as it can get.

I only have experience with my own first account on eBay, I got banned from listing in a certain category but in terms of things not to do on eBay, I probably did most of them. Log in from multiple places, me, my wife, my dad all have the eBay account installed on our iPad / iPhone. I log into my ebay from multples computers in multiple contries. There have been some hasstles, but I always thought it was their security team. Only after one misstep did I get banned from a certain category, but it has been interesting to say the least.
The LLC was registered about 3 weeks ago. The PayPal has been opened for about 11 days now. Not has happened to it. I haven't even really used it. Just when logging in i get the request for the last 4 of SSN. Other than that the account is fine.