how do i explain this one? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default how do i explain this one?

customer went unpaid.. opened case... closed case.

customer pops back up, has a valid explaination... I list and let them have, paid, perfect done and done.. even have pos FB.

now this person is hounding me about the case like its still open or something.. im explaining everything is fine and its not an open case and its over... evidently they had a ton of unpaid cases get opened and closed on them because of whatever and now they are finding it really hard to buy anything else with a bunch of strikes..

its out of my hands, i can't do anything.. just being nice and explaining no, i don't have open cases.. but they are being very persistant.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2013

Longevity: 64%

Send her ebay message stating exactly what happend and her to contact ebay and show them the message and her problem will be resolved
Old 05-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_monkey View Post
customer went unpaid.. opened case... closed case.

customer pops back up, has a valid explaination... I list and let them have, paid, perfect done and done.. even have pos FB.

now this person is hounding me about the case like its still open or something.. im explaining everything is fine and its not an open case and its over... evidently they had a ton of unpaid cases get opened and closed on them because of whatever and now they are finding it really hard to buy anything else with a bunch of strikes..

its out of my hands, i can't do anything.. just being nice and explaining no, i don't have open cases.. but they are being very persistant.
You got paid - you got item delivered - positive feedback?

I dont follow - why bother wasting time when there is no more money involved?

I am a huge fan of customer service but cmon...there is NO case right? Let it go
Old 05-13-2013
Threadstarter  

no i mean i did have a case on this person.... and it never got paid.. i closed it.
then they pop back up saying so sorry etc etc etc, so then i sold to them.

I'm pretty sure i've got it handled now, just a little education and explaining how they will drop off in 30 days and why the happend, also explained why they are running into road blocks buying things cause of cases.

seems to be clear now.
Old 05-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Ah ok - nice job on the clarification communication is solid - you got through what you made look like a "blockhead" of a buyer
Old 05-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Blockhead, going to have to use that term myself. I have had many of them over the years.
Old 05-13-2013
Threadstarter  

yea this has been dragging on for a week now.. they paid and everything then after that they were saying we have to clear up this "negative feedback stuff"

and im saying woohhh slow your roll here person... me loves you long time *pat pat*

I don't know what a user sees on their end as far as cases i just kept having to reassure we are totally cool 100% and this is why you can't buy, and soon all cases will drop and they'll be awesome again.

feel like im doing eb4y customer service today.
Old 05-14-2013

From what I grasp, this buyer only came back and bought the item under the impression that it would end with ebay removing the unpaid item strike and giving them back their ability to buy.

But it doesn't work like that. The strike was recorded, and when you sold them the item upon request, it was a completely new and separate transaction.

All they can do is cry to ebay, or wait 30 days for their buying privileges to return to normal. They need to learn from their mistakes.

It's a shame they are trying to put it all on you, as you did nothing wrong. I can't stand these annoying buyers. I hope they don't leave you negative feedback for their own screw up. It wouldn't be the first time an idiot buyer has done that.
The Following User Says Thank You to jgrewe88 For This Useful Post:
WinterIsComing (05-14-2013)
Old 05-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

I'm not sure why you would pursue a second transaction with this person. The fact that you had to open a case and it got closed as unpaid is evidence enough that they are a problem customer. You should have blocked them. The simple answer to your current situation is to tell them that you have not ability on your end to remove the unpaid strike but if you can help in any way once they contact ebay, you are more then willing to help. Other then that you are as powerless as they are. Ebay will not remove that unpaid item strike because of a new completed transaction but it is always in your best interest to appear to have your customer's back.
Old 05-14-2013

Longevity: 63%

I agree with the above posters, it's only because their buying ability is now restricted and they think it's up to you to fix it. However, you know the truth and it's not your problem anymore. Just ignore them
Old 05-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I would refund this buyers money back, they sound fishy. They admit many strikes, they are trouble. Add to the block list if you have one.
Old 05-14-2013
Threadstarter  

in my exp people that don't pay and won't pay... and i've had lots, don't respond. they just fall off the earth never to be heard from again. People that talk and respond to you 99.9% i've never had an issue with.. maybe pay late, but it got paid as long as they let me know whats up.

so when this person contacted me saying so sorry they didn't pay and explained ---insert story here--- i said ok no biggie here you go... they checked out paid right away and left pos FB. perfect transaction no prob.

they were just very confused about why they couldn't purchase other items (dut to strikes) and were kinda frustrated contacting ebay mods and what not, so i just stayed very nice and gave what help I could.. they weren't mean or rude but when they start saying ebay mod / contact ebay... of course im going to go into super nice mode.. It seems like I was the only person giving them any kinda help so they just kept coming back to me... but it just started getting to the point where they just didn't get it.. then finally they got it.