Why do I keep getting kicked off selling 2nd HAND Clothes? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 05-20-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Why do I keep getting kicked off selling 2nd HAND Clothes?

Hello All

Does anyone else sell secondhand clothes on ebay uk? I have (been kicked off) 3 times now! the last time I ensured that all items were authentic - researched labels etc... I also am a high end designer label shopper so know whats what in terms of stealth etc

.when I called ebay they say other member clicks got me kicked off - Really? Can that happen? If so surely the competition will try and kick me off again and again?

How can i get back on and STAY on! I rely (as we all do) on the income which is healthy and great when able to sell - I buy from bootsales charity shops and family and since second ban when I risked selling a stealth keyring (wont do that again - nothing pass me unless 100% sure) I got kicked off again?

They said I was trading in high risk category - but surely I should be able to trade - I genuinely dont want to rip anyone off and will not sell anything I wouldnt buy myself, had 100% positive feedback at nearly 1000 so why is this happening? I am back on but NEED to stay on!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2013

Longevity: 63%

hi there - the same thing (probably) happened to me - also in the secondhand clothing market, and i also was only selling genuine articles - dodgy ones are just not worth the hassle

what Policy Violations you got from eBay?
Old 05-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Hello :-)
The 1st one I got about 7 o clock in the evening, MC067 which in researching is just a slap on the wrist, one of the most minor breech according to this forum.

it stated that I was in breech for advertising my other branded items on the listing that they pulled down - that were 100% genuine.

I had this at the bottom of every listing I had on eBay that night so raced to delete the reference (as I was not aware this was a violation on listing the items) however I could not revise all listings as 3 were being bid on and it wouldn't allow me to amend, the next afternoon suddenly I got mc021 eBay registration cancelled and all listings removed!!

I was deverstated! As all items listed were 100% genuine and authentic - they said member clicks on report an item suggested they may not be (luckily I had receipts for them so have emailed them to see if they will re-instate the account - but I don't hold out much hope!

But it's so unfair!!!? What's to stop it happening again!? Or does anyone out there think that there must be some other reason I was shut down? What happened to you?
Old 05-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Default Designer labels

I was selling good quality items. They were really good items. absolutely no counterfeits!

It's just not worth it as you say, anyone with half a brain knows you'd be booted off in 5 minutes! And the trouble that causes you is horrendous!

You can make good money with secondhand genuine items,

But what is beyond frustrating is being booted off because of member clicks? Is that for real?

Don't eBay realise this is open to abuse from jealous rivals? Does anyone think that happens a lot? And will do again?
Old 05-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ebay has no need to care about you.

Your category is not only high risk but also highly competitive. Par for the course that a vulnerable (young/untested) account would be suspended.

A selling account would need to be well established with great feedback to avoid the chance of being booted. And that is not a guarantee.

Carefully done you could build up to a selling account. It would take patience.

Old 05-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Just patience? Do you mean just stay away from the high end market to begin with? Just high street? Then build up to the higher end?
Old 05-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You would have better chances with a well-established account like GB stated. Another approach is that you should vary your listings and see what make stick - this takes experimentation and really a lot of research.

Sadly, eB is not fair at all and nothing can 100% guarantee that you wont get hit again :( it's the breaks of the biz.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Honestlyhelpless (05-23-2013)
Old 05-22-2013

Longevity: 66%

Like GB stated above, you're not only in a high risk niche, but you're doing this with an account(s) that haven't been established. You'll definitely have to slowly build up your account and I would say add some variation in the mix of your listings as well.
Old 05-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Noted guys thanks! I need to slow myself down, but it's still REALLY unfair when your items ARE genuine!! And when you email them proof but get the door slammed shut! I'm going to widen my market and experiment in different arena's too - less risk, but I love the secondhand clothes thing it's my passion and discovering I could make a living out of it was FANTASTIC!! Till I got shut down

Please ebay god let me be!!!!!

I'm terrified Ill do something wrong!
Old 05-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Change your mind set now.

Nothing is fair with ebay.

None of the other sellers in your category think any differently from you. They want to sell and they will trample anyone in their way.

That's the game of ebay. Spread your sales. Look towards having your own web site.

Never, and I repeat never, think ebay owes you a thing. They do not.

They could care less about your passion for these clothes. Learn that and learn how to beat them.

All of us here had to do that. Step up and follow us.

ontheway (06-03-2013)