Your thoughts:Would this be winnable as INR with ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-24-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Your thoughts:Would this be winnable as INR with ebay

USPS did not scan the item delivered, it only shows Delivery Status Not Updated.

Buyer leaves feedback, the day after item is received. Leaves positive feedback.

Then 9 days later, he contacts me to tell me he didn't receive it.

Very suspicious indeed. I called him on it, and he is threatening to open a case.

I've already received feedback so I really don't care if he files a case, in fact, I prefer he does so he can't pull this stuff again if his lazy mailman doesn't scan other items.

BTW: I've had a few of these types of situations before, but never had anyone open a case. I have alway's argued with simple logic. . ."ok, so you left me feedback after you received it, then a few days later, you noticed the tracking wasn't updated and are now trying to get a freebie". . .then I threaten to take action with the United States postmaster in their area to open an investigation.

This person seems a bit more stubborn, so it'll be interested to see who ebay sides with.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-24-2013

Longevity: 64%

He will win if the tracking does not show delivered
Old 05-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
He will win if the tracking does not show delivered
I'm not so sure of that. I have a feeling he's tried this before.
Old 05-24-2013

Does not matter real cut and dry on tracking . Question for you, why would a guy leave positive feedback and than say he did not get it? I mean how can that in anyway help him win. I believe, of course I do not know he left feedback by mistake and never got it. I have shipped a zillion things usps and never seen an item delivered never show any scans. I am sure that can happen anything can happen with usps. I will bet he wins the case unless the tracking you provide shows delivered. It is the sellerrs burden to prove item delivered. They may even let him change his feedback for real
Old 05-24-2013
Threadstarter  

He left positive feedback because he received the item.

8 days later, he was checking through the tracking to see if any did not get scanned.

You'd be surprised. If you sell enough stuff, go through one day and click through all the tracking. I guarantee you for 100 items you'll have a couple that don't get updated upon delivery. It's not that rare.

I think what happened, is after the fact he was going through his tracking and saw a couple that didn't get scanned delivered. He thought he would email and try to get a refund.

I've already called him on it and now he says "ohh well, I guess it's my loss, I don't like going through the ebay case process". . .so no dice, I was hoping to see how ebay would rule on this.

Plus he lied and said he has a program that does automated feedback. I realize auctiva and a few others will leave feedback for items sold, but I've never heard of any program that automatically leaves feedback for items bought. That would seem kind of silly wouldn't it?
Old 05-24-2013

Longevity: 81%

That's funny, sounds like he just wanted to pull a fast one..

However, I believe you would have lost the dispute..
Old 05-24-2013

I think you would have lost too but glad it worked out.
Old 05-24-2013

Longevity: 70%

In a similiar situation, I called the post office that delivered, & had them investigate, & postal person recalled delivery, & they manually updated the tracking.

My package was a stand-out, as I stamp in bold, red ink: "please scan" or "please sign" depending on the value. Since I started doing these stamps, very few issues with tracking.

I'd try calling the local post office & explain the situation, especially if it is of high value.
Old 05-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Do you think it would have helped my situation that he had listed the item he bought from me 3 days after he received it and yesterday before contacting me, he ended the listing?
This item was a used item, and from the pictures it would have been 100% identifiable as the same item I shipped.

Old 05-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Sniffs? Sniffs? What am I smelling here?

For the future you make sure your items have a special mark then

Old 05-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 73%

I had this situation from a buyer about 2 years ago and tried to pull the same stunt on me because the tracking status was not updated after delivery.

He escalated the case to eBay and customer support closed it in my favour stating that because the buyer left me positive feedback saying he was happy with the item, the item was confirmed delivered and required no further action from me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jigsaw For This Useful Post:
corleone (05-24-2013), GreenGhost (05-26-2013), MM78 (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013

Longevity: 67%

If he said anything in his feedback that implying he received the item, you will win.
The Following User Says Thank You to igotsuspended For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (05-26-2013)
Old 05-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I could see it going either way, but eBay IS tilted toward the buyer.

As far as packages being scanned and updated goes, I HAVE seen packages make it all the way from one end of the country to the other WITHOUT EVER HITTING A SCAN POINT! IT DOES HAPPEN!

How this is even possible, I don't know...
Old 05-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
I had this situation from a buyer about 2 years ago and tried to pull the same stunt on me because the tracking status was not updated after delivery.

He escalated the case to eBay and customer support closed it in my favour stating that because the buyer left me positive feedback saying he was happy with the item, the item was confirmed delivered and required no further action from me.
Pretty much what I suspected. It's a toss up based on who the ebay rep is, but what would tilt it in my direction was if they had pulled that stunt before. In this case, I would bet they had.
Old 05-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

confused.com here

Is this conjecture now?

'cos the title is confusing

Old 05-24-2013

I also recently sent a package to CA, but tracking shows me it jumps on and off TX and CA and delivered in TX. However, buyer sent message saying that he received item. My money was not released until I call them. Ebay also questions me about delivery status and I had to tell them look to messages.
They did and release my money finally.
Old 05-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
confused.com here

Is this conjecture now?

'cos the title is confusing

Yes, they threatened to open a case at first, then I called his many lies, and then he backed off. He's now on several blocked bidder list on accounts that sell similar items.
Old 05-24-2013

" I meant to leave feedback on the other item I purchased "

Doubt the feedback left would help much
Old 05-24-2013

Quote:
Does not matter real cut and dry on tracking . Question for you, why would a guy leave positive feedback and than say he did not get it? I mean how can that in anyway help him win. I believe, of course I do not know he left feedback by mistake and never got it. I have shipped a zillion things usps and never seen an item delivered never show any scans. I am sure that can happen anything can happen with usps. I will bet he wins the case unless the tracking you provide shows delivered. It is the sellerrs burden to prove item delivered. They may even let him change his feedback for real
If you want to help, then stop saying like this. You don't know OP or his buyer who wants doing fraud.
You are also deathly wrong about USPS.
Look at this tracking number 9410809699939901613954
Old 05-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
Yes, they threatened to open a case at first, then I called his many lies, and then he backed off. He's now on several blocked bidder list on accounts that sell similar items.
Right, OK.

Hmmm. Quick re-word of title then.

Lack of correct scanning is an issue for sellers. Below is a recent thread where the seller was not lucky ( amazon items but in principle the same)

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...messed-up.html
Old 05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotsuspended View Post
If you want to help, then stop saying like this. You don't know OP or his buyer who wants doing fraud.
You are also deathly wrong about USPS.
Look at this tracking number 9410809699939901613954

Maybe you did not read op his tracking number was never scanned. Your tracking number shows you actually shipped something completely different story. He would lose i get sick of hearing everyday everyone is a fraud. I live in a country where you are NOT guilty :until proven so even though 99 percent of ebay people scream scam the minute something is not like they are use too. I have walked into thousands of brick and mortar stores and not once have I been accused or called a scammerr but everytime I need something out of the ordinary on ebay from disgruntled ebay sellers they have no problem throwing that word out.
The Following User Says Thank You to danshan For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (05-26-2013)
Old 05-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Maybe you did not read op his tracking number was never scanned. Your tracking number shows you actually shipped something completely different story. He would lose i get sick of hearing everyday everyone is a fraud. I live in a country where you are NOT guilty :until proven so even though 99 percent of ebay people scream scam the minute something is not like they are use too. I have walked into thousands of brick and mortar stores and not once have I been accused or called a scammerr but everytime I need something out of the ordinary on ebay from disgruntled ebay sellers they have no problem throwing that word out.
I disagree.

When a buyer emails you 9 days after the package was received because they noticed it wasn't scanned delivered, you need to research it.

Buyer left feedback for the item, and then said that they have an ebay store which automatically does their feedback. Having an Ebay store does not automatically generate feedback for items bought, and I'm pretty sure most ebay resolution team members would see this. They left the feedback because they were happy with their purchase, but then a week later noticed, "hey, I can get over on this new seller with only 11 feedback, the item never got scanned". Unfortunately for them, I have more experience than most sellers with only 11 feedback.

Regardless of whether the item was scanned as delivered does not matter.

When the buyer leaves positive feedback, then relist the item they bought from you, which is easily identifiable through the photos as the same item because it's a used item with a flaw that can be seen in the photos. . .I'm pretty convinced it's an attempt at fraud. Nobody will be able to convince me otherwise.

What's hilarious is that this particular person has bought from me over a dozen times from different accounts. They are a professional buyer and reseller who looks for good deals so they can flip it at bin price.