Do we need a list of sellers to avoid?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Do we need a list of sellers to avoid??

As if it wasn't hard enough to gain feedback, some sellers are actually stiffing buyers for cheap cheap cheap...ebooks! Now that's just downright mean. There's no reason for a seller to not bother to even email a buyer an electronic piece of literature. I know you're sort of buying feedback, but you should at least get the email dontcha think??

I know we're testing a forum for buying feedback. Do you think we need to start a list (or forum) of ebay sellers who are just all around @$$holes? Sure some of us are "stickin it to the man" as far as ebay is concerned, but I have never stiffed a buyer, and it wouldn't even cross my mind to do it on an electronic delivery item. That's just being a crook. A really really cheap crook. Granted you don't lose much, but it's annoying, and since many of us like that good fast cheap feedback, maybe we need to have a warning list for those total jerk sellers??

What d'ya think folks??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Buying feedback is just that for most people.
Old 06-20-2007
Threadstarter  

The thing is, it's not called "buying feedback". There is no section for "buying feedback" It's just become known as that over time. At what point did someone stop sending an item, the buyer left feedback anyway, and the seller left some for them, and that became acceptable? I understand the concept. I'm just curious how it's somehow become acceptable? I'll bet there were quite a few negatives being exchanged in the early days of this practice.

Anyway, like I said, not a huge deal. Just annoying, and some of those ebooks might be nice to own to try.
Old 06-20-2007

Longevity: 98%

most penny ebook sellers will take the free positive, take the money, and then not deliver the goods or a return positive feedback.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-21-2007
Threadstarter  

In my case it's a bit more, but I get your point. I'll try it their way first but if they don't reciprocate, well...I'll just say they don't want to do that.
Old 06-21-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Jack
eBay Mastery

Old 06-21-2007

Longevity: 98%

Yes, luv the new title Jack.
Old 06-21-2007
Threadstarter  

lol Not sure what I'm a master of...evil perhaps.
Old 07-21-2010

Longevity: 79%
Default the list of sellers to avoid...

We need to have some kind of list. To obey e-bay by the letter of the law is definitely not enough. Especially for those buyers who have been around for quite a while. I ran into 2 people thus far who I wish I never been in contact with.
The latest one is from Illinois, and absolutely hates anyone from Wisconsin. Since I am from Wisconsin, I have been put on his "refused bidder" list. It makes me so mad, and it isn't right. I have contacted e-bay about this, but they say he is in his right to honor business from who ever he chooses. If I seen a list from others that he discriminated against, then it would have saved me a lot of frustration.
For some reason, he had a bad relationship with a "monica", and since then no one is WI allowed to bid. For that, I think the other 49 states should boycott him as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
As if it wasn't hard enough to gain feedback, some sellers are actually stiffing buyers for cheap cheap cheap...ebooks! Now that's just downright mean. There's no reason for a seller to not bother to even email a buyer an electronic piece of literature. I know you're sort of buying feedback, but you should at least get the email dontcha think??

I know we're testing a forum for buying feedback. Do you think we need to start a list (or forum) of ebay sellers who are just all around @$$holes? Sure some of us are "stickin it to the man" as far as ebay is concerned, but I have never stiffed a buyer, and it wouldn't even cross my mind to do it on an electronic delivery item. That's just being a crook. A really really cheap crook. Granted you don't lose much, but it's annoying, and since many of us like that good fast cheap feedback, maybe we need to have a warning list for those total jerk sellers??

What d'ya think folks??
Old 07-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

A few bad relationships with sellers here and there do not warrant some kind of a list - in my opinion. That's just the deal with doing stuff on eBay.

If a seller stiffs on an eBook that you want, you file a dispute - if he delivers, which is usually the case, then make to exchange good feedback. That's that.
Closed Thread