Ebay Selling Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Ebay Selling Help!

Hey everyone,

Just want to first say, Glad I joined this site, and am excited to be a member.

Now to my situation!

I started an eBay account May 3rd, 2013. My goal was to sell a java script that allows people to easily be able to purchase Nike Shoes whenever they released their limited edition shoes (All the have to do is type in the shoe keyword, and click run, and when 8AM hits, and the tweet is released, Google Chrome opens a tab with their shoe size already added into their cart).

I was sending buyers the script in a .zip folder via their Paypal e-mail. I'm also from Canada btw.

I started with 0 Feedback, and sold a few to make it to 5 Feedback. Once I made it to there, I called eBay and asked them if they could raise my limit because I was selling quick, the man after being transfered three times asked me about the product I was selling, and how I was selling etc. He said I couldn't e-mail so I said I'd mail them a USB stick with the program on it (clearly lied) and he said it by 20% or gave me another 5 sells.

It's been 6 days since then and I've sold all 15. I called today and the guy on the line this time was more of a douche-bag. He said I was e-mailing them and they couldn't raise it because it was too soon and how they NEEDED to see Tracking number, although I said the mailing I did didn't come with a tracking number...He still said I needed too.

He said I needed to wait a month now until June 25th to sell again.

IM SO CONFUSED and FRUSTRATED.

I'm thinking of making a new eBay account and selling more, although it's gonna suck since I'll have 0 feedback. Or maybe call them again tomorrow. Any recommendations please?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Your plan will not work.

ebay wants accounts to have credibility.
Keep on harassing them and you will end up being restricted.

Just because you have decided you are selling something does not mean ebay has to bow down to you.

Pushing for what looks like a digital download is treading dangerous grounds
Tima (06-01-2013)
Old 05-27-2013

Longevity: 81%

Hard to say based on the info you given, when was the account created and when was the first item sold?

meanwhile, I would start creating other accounts, learn the stealth procedure.
You're currently on the route to a very very bumpy road.
Old 05-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Your not going to make it by emailing your product, you need to either mail a copy on a disc.
Old 05-27-2013

Longevity: 64%

Digital sales are scary but can be done but i think the ony way to do it is patiently, you might be able ti go stealth on a few accounts and stuff some of the digital sales in between some real sales with tracking. That might be the best course of action for now
Old 05-27-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Those days are over.

You have to mail a physical item to survive.

Not many digital delivery items slip through the cracks anymore so it would not be worth the time, effort and money invested.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Tima (06-01-2013)
Old 05-27-2013

Longevity: 64%

EMail the program to buyers and buy the cheapest shpping letter with tracking you can get and send them a thank you note and add that tracking number for the thank you letter into your paypal or ebay.
Old 05-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Someone that was selling something similar to what I was selling has been able to sell over 100 products all via e-Mail. How'd he pull that off?

Again, it's not like I'm trying to make a living off ebay or make mad money, I'm just trying to make whatever I can by selling this script. I've been easily able to sell 15 already (which is my limit).

Is there any way I can create another eBay account AND attach it to my current PayPal account and sell another a 10?

Again, I'm not interested in making stealth accounts cause I'm not in it for the long run lol, just here to make a few bucks for now.
Old 05-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

It sounds like a valuable program for those interested in the limited edition shoes. A friend of mine tried to get some once and it was a total pain in the you-know-what.

Can you put this on a CD and mail it? The total costs for the CD and shipping should be less than $2 and eBay would be happy. Or at least not as hostile.

I would try to play by eBay's rules. As GreenBean said, if you fight them, you will lose. You have to work the system.
Old 05-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It sounds like a valuable program for those interested in the limited edition shoes. A friend of mine tried to get some once and it was a total pain in the you-know-what.

Can you put this on a CD and mail it? The total costs for the CD and shipping should be less than $2 and eBay would be happy. Or at least not as hostile.

I would try to play by eBay's rules. As GreenBean said, if you fight them, you will lose. You have to work the system.
I mean, to add Tracking with it costs ALOT more.
Old 05-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewani25 View Post
I mean, to add Tracking with it costs ALOT more.
Yes but to make it on ebay this is what you will have to do. You can always try your own website with a CC processor but I have no experience with digital goods in that aspect.
The Following User Says Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
MM78 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013
Threadstarter  

I was thinking of that, but eBay is much more easier in that way. I don't get how other smaller competitors who have similar programs (mine, I've changed to make easier to use) are getting 100+ selling limits and are doing the exact same thing I'm doing through digital e-mails and getting away with it.

Just a quick question, does the selling limit automatically reset at the 1st of every month? so in a couple of days, I'll be able to sell another 15 more?

AND, is there any way I can open another ebay account, say with my Moms name and connect it to my own Paypal

Last edited by Dewani25; 05-28-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
Yes but to make it on ebay this is what you will have to do. You can always try your own website with a CC processor but I have no experience with digital goods in that aspect.
Generally speaking, processors don't like them because the chargeback rates are high. If you go this route, you might want to look for a processor that specializes in high-risk accounts. That costs more, of course.

One piece of advice. NEVER pay for an "application fee" or a "credit check" fee. There are scammers out there who are very good at convincing you that you need to spend $250 just to apply - they will simply pocket your $250 and turn you down. Legitimate processors, even the high-risk ones, will not expect you to do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Tima (06-01-2013)
Old 05-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Someone that was selling something similar to what I was selling has been able to sell over 100 products all via e-Mail. How'd he pull that off?
That kind of business question is likely understood with a lot of experimentation and testing. At your point of understanding, you should not be dabbling with digital stuff without the physical item delivery for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Tima (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I was thinking of that, but eBay is much more easier in that way. I don't get how other smaller competitors who have similar programs (mine, I've changed to make easier to use) are getting 100+ selling limits and are doing the exact same thing I'm doing through digital e-mails and getting away with it.

Just a quick question, does the selling limit automatically reset at the 1st of every month? so in a couple of days, I'll be able to sell another 15 more?

AND, is there any way I can open another ebay account, say with my Moms name and connect it to my own Paypal
I hope you do not learn the hard way. ebay is not there to suit you.

ebay will suit itself.

It is not a given that the limits will rise. Despite your dreams, you have to earn the right to have higher limits.

Do not even consider making an account in your Mom's name & connecting it to your own paypal.

That is a bad move.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Tima (06-01-2013)
Old 06-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Again, it's not like I'm trying to make a living off ebay or make mad money, I'm just trying to make whatever I can by selling this script. I've been easily able to sell 15 already (which is my limit).

Is there any way I can create another eBay account AND attach it to my current PayPal account and sell another a 10?

Again, I'm not interested in making stealth accounts cause I'm not in it for the long run lol, just here to make a few bucks for now.
Welcome to the forums. Just because someone was selling something similar, does not mean that you will have success. You want to keep at it? You will have to experiment and test - maybe learn from that seller. You are unlikely to find tips on that. The wise members have posted advice worth considering