Eeeeep I'm back on...for now! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Eeeeep I'm back on...for now!

So I took the plunge and bought eBay Stealth
After many years of Ebay and Paypal accounts being restricted and dying a death I have decided to give this a go..

More for the paypal account than the ebay to be honest but the ebay will come Iin handy I'm sure.. few questions to verify though please.

a. I opened my new ebay and paypal accounts in a new 'user' account on my laptop so should I only ever access these from that user account? Can my hubby log in to it on his computer or is that a no no?

b. Am I correct in thinking I can actually verify my pp account with a debit card/bank acc in my real name (but variation of..) ..Ive asked the bank for a new debit card so it comes with a new number as old one is blacklisted with PP.

C. I received my first payment into my PP today but they have held the funds in a pending balance etc..is this the norm now or are they on to me already?

Oh I'm in the UK, Thanks Guys x
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2013

Longevity: 90%

Hi dinks! In response to your questions:

A - I wouldnt recommend your hubby logs into his own ebay or paypal account while using your Windows account, even using his own you want to check that the IP address / cookies / flash cookies etc are removed otherwise your accounts could be linked.

B, No you dont want to be verifying your Paypal account with a bank debit card in your own name, you need to get a virtual credit card to do that

C. 21 day holds on Paypal payments are perfectly normal for new accounts, you can have this hold released by posting out your items quickly so that the buyer leaves you positive feedback.

Of course there is a lot more to know than this, but if you've actually bought the eBay Stealth manual then its all there for you to read and learn. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Old 05-28-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks Johnnyleeds

I have also bought an account off a member on here so have two now, each on different user accounts.

I have a new prepaid mastercard I purchased today so I assume I can use this to add to my PP account so I can purchase/send money..is that correct?

I do have the e-book but I'm still a little confused on a few things, this being one of them. The other is the IP thing...If I switch my router on/off it changes the ip address is this sufficient enough to run my stealth accounts? I reboot it every time I log in/out of the user account.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-29-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinks View Post
I have a new prepaid mastercard I purchased today so I assume I can use this to add to my PP account so I can purchase/send money..is that correct?

I do have the e-book but I'm still a little confused on a few things, this being one of them. The other is the IP thing...If I switch my router on/off it changes the ip address is this sufficient enough to run my stealth accounts? I reboot it every time I log in/out of the user account.
That's correct, add the virtual credit card to your paypal, this will ensure you can purchase/send money.

As for your router.. It needs to be a dynamic router so the IP changes every time it's switched off/on. Make a note of your IP using IP Burger - Track Your IP Address! then reboot your router and see if the IP address has changed. This will let you know if it's a dynamic or static router.

If it has changed then yes all you need to do is reboot it every time you switch accounts.

If it hasn't then you need to look at a new router or internet provider for stealth purposes.
The Following User Says Thank You to BeriteBloggie For This Useful Post:
dinks (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There are a few things you must address before you end up linking your accounts.

Please hold off doing too much until you are sure & confident with what you are doing.

Your husband should not use the same IP as you are. That will link accounts.

You must not use the bank issues debit card. That will fail because of the address difference. Use a vcc iunstead.

Please explain about your two accounts ( of your own). Are you saying they are both on the same IP?
Have you made an excel log with all of your info stored on that as well?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
dinks (05-29-2013), Sandy D (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
There are a few things you must address before you end up linking your accounts.

Please hold off doing too much until you are sure & confident with what you are doing.

Your husband should not use the same IP as you are. That will link accounts.

You must not use the bank issues debit card. That will fail because of the address difference. Use a vcc iunstead.

Please explain about your two accounts ( of your own). Are you saying they are both on the same IP?
Have yo made an excel log with all of your info stored on that as well?
Hi, before I did anything I bought and read the Ebay Stealth Book. I then changed my MAC address and set up a new PP and ebay under a variation of my name, new address, new bank, new everything on a new user account on my pc. I then bought another PP/EBAY account off a member and set that up on a 2nd user account.

I have been switiching my router on/off after logging in and out of each user account and checking the ip has changed on IPBurger which it has, but the guy I bought the account from on here tells me I should really use a Dongle...so I have one in my possesion but am a little unsure as to how to use it! I also have an Ibux VCC here loaded that just needs registering before I can attach it to a pp account. I wwant to make sure I have everything right before I register it with PP though.

Oh as for the excel log, no I'm not familiar with that but I do have all info on word documents for both accounts if thats what you mean?
Old 05-29-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yes whatever way is easiest but have all IPS logged somewhere every time you switch between your 2 accounts and user accounts. This is very important because sometimes the same IP will come up that was used on a diff account and it may only happen few times over several months so get in the habit of doing this EVERYTIME

And about the VCC yes , use this and your prepaid card as your bank to verify and lift limits. Never use an actual debit card number nn your real name and address always a VCC and for a bank prepaid or a real bank , Paypal won't see the name just never use your bank to pay fees
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
dinks (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So I really need to write down each ip address every time?
What if I use the Dongle, same? Whats the easiest way to log them and make sure I don't use the same one as the other account ?
Old 05-29-2013

Yes that is where the excel spreadsheet and ip burger come in handy , get familiar with the two
dinks (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013

With stealth there is no easy way especially in the beginning you need to retrain your mind on all the steps to take and their are many in operating stealth accounts but after awhile everything becomes second nature and feels easier than in the beginning, but don't take risks and shortcuts, slow and steady
dinks (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks

Is there anywhere I can see a sample excel doc, like how to set it up etc?
Old 05-29-2013

Longevity: 90%

Hi Dinks

There is a sample of an Excel file in the eBay Stealth manual, well there is in the copy I have, its not complicated, the template I use is simply 2 columns - 1st column is for things like Ebay ID / Password, Paypal login / Password etc then the 2nd column next to the relevant entry in the 1st column is the answer to whats in the 1st column, i.e: Ebay Password - 'Your Ebay Password' .... and so on.

Its basically a list of all your stealth details so you dont forget them. I can remember in the past I'd have one password written on a scrap of paper here, another on the back page of my diary etc and it wasnt a good way of organising information.

Keeping an Excel file like this means you can always check that you arent repeating information if you ever create a new stealth account. So I have seperate Excel files for each stealth account.

You dont even need to do it in Excel really, you could just create a 2 column table in Word with as many rows as you need to make entries.
Old 05-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@dinks, you are on the write track. If your hubby wants his own eB/pp - have him use a new user account (you have understood that), new IP (if your modem gives you new IP everytime, you dont really need a dongle but...if you can afford it, why not ). Also make sure addresses are DIFFERENT.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dinks (05-29-2013)
Old 05-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@dinks, you are on the write track. If your hubby wants his own eB/pp - have him use a new user account (you have understood that), new IP (if your modem gives you new IP everytime, you dont really need a dongle but...if you can afford it, why not ). Also make sure addresses are DIFFERENT.
What's the write track?

New Canadian speak

Old 05-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinks View Post
So I really need to write down each ip address every time?
What if I use the Dongle, same? Whats the easiest way to log them and make sure I don't use the same one as the other account ?
Ideally you would be running the two accounts on TWO different IPs.

That is why the seller suggested you get a dongle.

You have to keep everything separate to be stealth long term.

Here's the excel sheet that may be of use to you. Good you have the info logged, of course.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...cel-sheet.html
Old 06-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys...I really appreciate the help!
Old 06-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What's the write track?

New Canadian speak

I slipped that in purposely to see how you would be GB - you didnt disappoint
Old 06-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I slipped that in purposely to see how you would be GB - you didnt disappoint
With you out there, I will never do that.

It's the hamster I worry about. Poor wee overworked critter.

Old 06-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Feed him some spiders
Old 06-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Feed him some spiders
He prefers kibble.

You should know how to look after a hamster.

Besides aspkin mowed the spiders down yesterday.

Old 06-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Aspkin is quite the force of nature then.
Old 06-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Aye, he is