So I got this notice Today MC999. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-30-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default So I got this notice Today MC999.

So I got this notice today:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXX

We've restricted your eBay account because we're concerned about some recent account activity. We've taken this precaution to protect our members.

However, you can appeal this restriction. Once we review your appeal, if we're confident that this activity doesn't put our members at risk, we'll be happy to reinstate your account. For information on how to appeal a restriction, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/s...-accounts.html

We know this isn't good news, but our top priority is keeping our members safe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My accounts from 2007 and I've been both a buyer and seller. Over the past few months, I've been selling off my retro video game collection and DVD/Blu-ray collection. All legit, no ⊗⊗⊗⊗. And recently, I decided to make it a hobby/side business. I essentially buy video games at yard sales or through craigslist and sell the gems back on eBay.

While at work, I received 4 missed calls from a call service center from Utah, each placed within 5 minute intervals. I was in a meeting so I couldn't pick up. Around lunch time (30 minutes) after the calls, I received the MC999 account restriction. After I got restricted, I called the customer service call center and asked what the deal was. The representative, Eliza, told me that there's been complaints (odd, since I have a 100 percent feedback) and my account is now in question.

I then asked what I could do to unrestrict this account and she told me that I would have to reply directly back to the eBay message posted above and ask for an appeal form and that they would likely require some proof of identity and bill of sale (which I do not have, since my entire stock is retro stuff from the 80's and 90's).

That being said, how do I go about fixing this situation? Do I give up on this account? Or keep trying? Should I send them a invoice if they ask for one? I know I should be building stealth accounts, and I have several of them lined up, but I would love to somehow salvage this one due to the feedback and higher selling limits.

Any advice or help would be nice! Sorry about the long story!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It sounds like eBay suspects you are selling counterfeits. Keep in mind that sometimes competitors will try to shut you down by filing false complaints and sometimes users may think it is a counterfeit if the disc is anything less than flawless.

So, even if your inventory is real, you could lose an account for selling phakes.

Is it possible that something you purchased years ago WAS a phake?

I would be very careful about supplying invoices since eBay knows the legitimate distributors and they could also call to verify your account with them. This is just my opinion, but you may be better off telling them the truth - that you sell used items sourced from individuals. I would definitely avoid using sources like flea markets, craigslist, etc.
Old 05-30-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Start making stealth accounts
Old 05-30-2013
Threadstarter  

I see, I suppose I could be honest and tell them, but all the research I've been seeing is that it really doesn't seem to help them much.
As far as the games being phake, I'm certain they're not. I've been around the retro video game scene to know what is real and what isn't. I do suspect that it is a competitor trying to shut me down, which really sucks.

This sounds like a crappy sob story, but I've been trying to sell this stuff off to get my gf an engagement ring (ala 40 y/o virgin), guess I'll have to go stealth if that's my only option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It sounds like eBay suspects you are selling counterfeits. Keep in mind that sometimes competitors will try to shut you down by filing false complaints and sometimes users may think it is a counterfeit if the disc is anything less than flawless.

So, even if your inventory is real, you could lose an account for selling phakes.

Is it possible that something you purchased years ago WAS a phake?

I would be very careful about creating invoices since eBay knows the legitimate distributors and they could also call to verify your account with them. This is just my opinion, but you may be better off telling them the truth - that you sell used items sourced from individuals. I would definitely avoid using sources like flea markets, craigslist, etc.
Old 05-30-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yea chances are they just want more info so they can store my information on your file to make it harder for you to make a new account. A competitor probably called in and just said you were selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items or something and sadly that's all it takes
Old 05-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Wow...that really sucks. So if given the chance, should I provide more information or should I just burn the account and move on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yea chances are they just want more info so they can store my information on your file to make it harder for you to make a new account. A competitor probably called in and just said you were selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items or something and sadly that's all it takes
Old 05-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rok1982 View Post
Wow...that really sucks. So if given the chance, should I provide more information or should I just burn the account and move on?
Nope.

Never do that.

Always let ebay/paypal do the killing.

Fight for your account.

You could try another call & see if you get a friendlier person.

Be careful about invoices as they can be checked & that backfires big time.
Old 05-31-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the tips, guess we'll have to see! Off to stealth accounts we go!
Old 05-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Always good to spread sales and keep accounts off the heat-grid
Old 05-31-2013
Threadstarter  

That's what I've learned, still angers me that someone could be banned for doing something harmless like getting rid of his collectables. I know eBay has grown to become a serious source of income for tons of small businesses; but what I'm doing is something that it was originally intended for..getting rid of items ala flea market/yard sale fashion. It's as if the police were telling me that I couldn't sell stuff my own lawn.../rantoff.
Old 06-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
That's what I've learned, still angers me that someone could be banned for doing something harmless like getting rid of his collectables. I know eBay has grown to become a serious source of income for tons of small businesses; but what I'm doing is something that it was originally intended for..getting rid of items ala flea market/yard sale fashion. It's as if the police were telling me that I couldn't sell stuff my own lawn.../rantoff.
Majority of us here understand what you are saying.

Learn now, ebay is not fair.

Appreciate the benefits of stealth and have the pleasure of beating ebay.

That's a great feeling.

Old 06-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks Greenbean. I've gone through setting up some stealth accounts, purchased a few from authorized sellers here and I'll be moving in slowly.

On a side note...it appears that my secondary account (non-stealth and most likely linked) has not been restricted. Should I even attempt to post on that?
Old 06-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Thanks Greenbean. I've gone through setting up some stealth accounts, purchased a few from authorized sellers here and I'll be moving in slowly.

On a side note...it appears that my secondary account (non-stealth and most likely linked) has not been restricted. Should I even attempt to post on that?
Likely linked = only a matter of time. I would move activities off of that PRONTO to new stealth accounts (once they are ready to sell). Be patient - dont waste time on linked but NOT restricted accounts...