Got Scammed for $250 on DHGate - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 06-01-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Got Scammed for $250 on DHGate

I bought an item for $250 on DHgate, the seller sent me the wrong item. This is a gold seller with over 99% positive feedback.

I told him about the mixup and in broken english stated how sorry he was, I bit, sent the items back and he promised to send out the correct items the next time + 50% more of the item. I sent it back with tracking and at some point when it left the U.S. tracking stopped being updated.

The seller, 2 weeks after I sent the item back, said he had not received it. But said he would send out my parcel anyway. He sent it with tracking, except the tracking (some chinese shipping service later to USPS) was confirmed delivered in Ohio two - three weeks later.

From the time I ordered I would say was early March, I sent it back in mid-late March, tracking was confirmed in Ohio sometime in Early May.

I completely forgot about this transaction, and after looking at my account remembered about it.

I later sent him many messages and he simply cut off contact.

On DHGate the transaction is long finalized from March and I can not open up a dispute.

Is there anyway to get my money back and move on?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2013

Longevity: 69%

How did you pay the supplier? If you made payment by credit card you could instigate a chargeback.
Old 06-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson1 View Post
How did you pay the supplier? If you made payment by credit card you could instigate a chargeback.
I paid via Credit Card,

Am I able to initiate a charge back even if the charge is from early March?
Old 06-01-2013

Longevity: 69%

I think the time limit in the UK is typically 120 days which starts from the day you become aware of a problem. I am sure it will be similar in the US. I would contact your bank or credit card company at the earliest opportunity and let them have the details of the transaction.

I am sure other members will comment who have experience with US credit card transactions.
Old 06-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
I bought an item for $250 on DHgate, the seller sent me the wrong item. This is a gold seller with over 99% positive feedback.

On DHGate the transaction is long finalized from March and I can not open up a dispute.

Is there anyway to get my money back and move on?

Thanks
Send an email to DHGATE stating this happened and there was no resolution to your satisfaction. Just do that for you own peace of mind.

File a chargeback with your credit card company. You have up to 180 days to do so. ( depending on the company).

If they accept the claim, they will reimburse you. That will take several weeks to happen. Do be aware of that. (They check out everything).

Point is even a gold seller is not above being a rotter.

Good Luck

Old 06-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Do you think the CC company will give me a refund simply on providing what had happened and giving the tracking number? The tracking number will come up as still in transit...

I guess there is a chance the package got lost, but it seems much more likely that once it arrived in China they just stopped tracking it.

I never even opened a dispute with DHGate, The seller has 98% positive feedback over thousands of transactions. I thought I was pretty dam safe just taking word for word, lesson learned.
Old 06-01-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

It took two months for you to know you got ripped off?

How long ago did you receive the item? Or wrong item I should say.

I order from several suppliers and from pallet places etc and I stop what I am doing on the day an order comes in and I will go through every single item down the invoice to make sure it is there and correct.

I seldom ever do have issues but when I do I am on the phone that day.

LOL when the cheater dirty plating Ravens got into the Super Bowl I ordered after the playoff game some hats. Got Baltimore Orioles instead. I was on the phone and the supplier wanted me to send those back and then they would sent the correct ones. I said no, it is a short selling period and if they win the Super Bowl I want them in my hand. Worked out my way.

You have to be on top of things like this.
Old 06-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Yes, I know, he said it would take 14-21 days to my house when he sent in mid april, the estimated delivery date was not to long ago, it was just the whole process that dragged on - Anyway lesson learned. That is in the past, time to move on.

Only question now is if the CC company will give me a refund based on messages between the seller and I as well as the tracking number on the return shipping (and hopefully the receipt of the shipment also; if I can find it)
Old 06-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

1. Contact Dhgate

2. Contact your cc company ASAP - most offer 180 days but some only 90. You will not need to provide messages and here`s a big tip: The less you say to your cc company the BETTER - explain, you got defrauded - done. You will have to sign some documentation - dont offer up messages ...keep polite and quiet.
Old 06-13-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

File a chargeback with your credit card company. You have up to 180 days to do so. ( depending on the company).

you have 180 days from the statement date which lags. Make sure you tell them its a merchant in CHina, that is unresponsive, that you can't call because of the language difference.
Old 06-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2005 View Post
you have 180 days from the statement date which lags. Make sure you tell them its a merchant in CHina, that is unresponsive, that you can't call because of the language difference.
Best to act quickly on this - dont wait. I know few CC companys (up here) who wont go past 90 days - just fyi