Will This Get Me Banned? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 06-02-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Will This Get Me Banned?

Hi!

A few years ago I sold items on ebay through a business account. I want to start it up again. my ebay account is about three years old, 100odd positive feedback. The account as well as the paypal are linked to my home address, phone number, credit card, laptop which are all clean and fine. I've never been banned from ebay.

I've been offered an office for the business from a friend of mine. My issue is that he was permanently banned from ebay a few years ago with the office linked to his banned account. I will need to set up internet at the office as it's currently off but I'm just wondering if there is a way ebay might think I am my friend and ban me? Will they be able to find out I'm working from an home address which has previously been linked with a banned account, and if so will that be enough for them to ban me? I'm selling similar items to his banned account also.

Thanks for reading, any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

the office address is banned, then it is not a good start.

a recent ban is different to a long time ago, latter less risky...

also depends on severity of what it is banned for.

different name eg yours, with this address, along with all else different eg ip and financials and goods, should be ok, but to be on the safe side you could do a small amendment on office number somehow, you will have to give us a rough idea of format, for us to comment further...

if worse comes and they suspend you, you can submit proof you are a different person anyway...

people move all the time, homes and offices....and I do not hear of random bannings for those reasons...