International shipping with TRACKING - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Post International shipping with TRACKING

Just curious as to the methods we are using to ship international orders, if you ship internationally at all.

The big issue is paypal fraud, where a buyer says they never received the product, when you know that there is a 99.5% chance they are scamming you. On 10 dollar items you can get away without tracking but on a 100-200 dollar item tracking is a must.

I am guessing that most of you use the USPS but I was wondering if there is a better option. If you use USPS what method do you use? Priority, parcel, first class, media. Or maybe you use really smart birds like in the movies.:D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- I use ups exclusively. I make them pay for it. If its a 99 cent item, and they want to buy from me, theyre gonna pay $34.95.. OR- dont buy from me.
_-I lost alot last year o r two-no more.
I usually end up just filing unpaid item on them...(after all- it would be easier and less time for me, if i just tossed the items in the trash?? )--
instead of paying auction fees, paypal fees, wrapping, etc. etc.. so-
I Track it- or it does not go...
(FYI- Global Priority is NOT trackable anymrore once it leaves the usa)-- and i HAVE had 4 usps claims in last year---0- paid. 2 still paper shuffling ..
Old 01-15-2008
MU

I ship about 12-15 items international every day all on USPS. Any thing over 4 pounds you have no choice but to send it Priority and the tracking is automatically registered in Paypal. I have never lost a 'item not received' dispute with items shipped Priority. As for USPS First Class International...I found that about 1 in 75 buyers will file for items not received. I used to just write this off as part of doing business ( I get about 1 in 150 walk-in credit card user that file for chargebacks in my store). This little trick works very well to prevent buyers from trying to take advantage of the paypal system knowing that first class delivery can not be tracked or delivery confirmed.
Take the customs label number (Customs Declaration CN 22) and note it in the my sold item page for the future use when paypal asks for tracking. After packaging the merchandise send the buyer an email stating something similar to " Hi,
Your package has been shipped today via USPS International First Class Services. Please expect 5-7 business days for the delivery. Thank you for the purchase. Regards, Hep Tracking/Customs Declaration No. LC372209131US "
When the potential scammer gets the email they will look the number up and it will show that the item has been paid for and in transit to international destination. If the buyer do file for 'item not received' via Paypal you can use that customs label number to prove that the item was shipped and in transit.
Old 01-16-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepper65 View Post
I ship about 12-15 items international every day all on USPS. Any thing over 4 pounds you have no choice but to send it Priority and the tracking is automatically registered in Paypal. I have never lost a 'item not received' dispute with items shipped Priority. As for USPS First Class International...I found that about 1 in 75 buyers will file for items not received. I used to just write this off as part of doing business ( I get about 1 in 150 walk-in credit card user that file for chargebacks in my store). This little trick works very well to prevent buyers from trying to take advantage of the paypal system knowing that first class delivery can not be tracked or delivery confirmed.
Take the customs label number (Customs Declaration CN 22) and note it in the my sold item page for the future use when paypal asks for tracking. After packaging the merchandise send the buyer an email stating something similar to " Hi,
Your package has been shipped today via USPS International First Class Services. Please expect 5-7 business days for the delivery. Thank you for the purchase. Regards, Hep Tracking/Customs Declaration No. LC372209131US "
When the potential scammer gets the email they will look the number up and it will show that the item has been paid for and in transit to international destination. If the buyer do file for 'item not received' via Paypal you can use that customs label number to prove that the item was shipped and in transit.

Is that customs No. on the green & white custom forms?
Old 01-16-2008
MU

Its the single page form..green and white
Old 01-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepper65 View Post
Its the single page form..green and white

Those things are trackable somehow if you just slap some stamps on them? I usually keep a stack of those unused customs forms for shipping. Where do you track those?
Old 01-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Try EMS? Its available in many countries..
Old 01-16-2008

If you ship to a confirmed address and can provide tracking info you will win the claim.
Old 01-16-2008

EMS is expensive. First class is cheaper by far.
Old 01-16-2008

HI- I guess "i" never really look at it from the overseas customers point, I am concerned about "me"-- if they want my goods--they will pay for the shipping + insurance.
--the same way- when "i" buy from overseas- a $75-$300 item, in my category-- i Expect to pay $20-$35 for shipping, no questions..
Old 01-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

I always find it funny when customers don't want to pay $10 for shipping from Japan. They're like "no way!!!!! it shouldn't be more than $5 at the most!" I get that like twice a week.
Old 01-17-2008

Wow, JOnas, you lucked out, with an honest one!
You're very brave for self insuring. I go the opposite- What I sell is a discontinued line of goods.
I over insure. I insure for the MSRP-not what Im selling it for.. had too many pkgs.. "out for delivery".. then gone.I have learned to use almost a roll of tape/bubblewrap on my packages over the years- now ups always pays the claims.
- I used to own a Mailboxes etc with my husband. It was kinda fun..
Old 01-17-2008

I have had mostly good experiences with international buyers. I usually ship 3-5 packages internationally per week and I ship first class.

The only problem I had was someone paid $100 for an item and had me send it to a different address. About 6 months later it comes back that the Paypal account was used as fraud. Someone had hacked someone elses Paypal account and they reversed the $100. I couldn't provide tracking info (cause they didn't have it for overseas shipping) and I couldn't get the money back. Thats why I started only shipping to confirmed address.
Old 06-14-2008

With all the new paypal rules, will they still accept the customs # as proof of tracking if your account is limited? Anyone experience this within the past few months?
Old 02-13-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via Yahoo to thakid212

Is there any shipping service that allows you to track international shipments because when i ship international using USPS prority the tracking info never updates
Old 02-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

UPS & FedeX have parcels that can be tracked OK. They are much more expensive than
USPS. Have you checked EMS? It would depend on how the amount of parcels you ship out and how you can off-set the cost with your items. I agree that at certain times, there is no update. Over these past holidays, the up-date-service was terrible.
Old 02-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Almost all of my sales are international, i use USPS EXPRESS MAIL ONLY, it is more expensive than priority, but includes insurance and online tracking always show the progress of the package from drop off to delivery. The ONLY way to ship internationally from the USA. It is WAY cheaper than FEDEX and UPS.
Old 02-15-2009

Longevity: 88%
Default Other ways to track with USPS

For packages being shipped overseas from the US, there's a white customs form that stars with CP....... This form is used when shipping packages over 4 pounds. There is online tracking and it shows when your item is delivered. It's much cheaper then Express Mail. When using this number for paypal disputes, they will ask you to send them a copy that also shows the post mark date as well. Just recently, paypal asked me to send them a copy. After uploading it, they cancel the buyers claim in an hour or so.
Old 02-16-2009

Longevity: 89%

I use USPS , all my items are usually under 1lb so i use the simple/small customs forms... there is no way to track but it usally cost $7-9 to ship and i charge $15 and guarantee delivery - so it is just a way i self insure with the overage in shipping ....i have shipped 10-20 boxes a week for the last 2 years and have only 2 -4 not make it and only had 1 person demand refund .