Suspended!! I am so mad! (Better Business Bureau??) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Suspended!! I am so mad! (Better Business Bureau??)

Get this... I was suspended in December 2006. I remember at the time just giving up, closing the hotmail account that was associated with my ebay account and just stayed off ebay.

Now, it's a year and half later I decided to come back. I completely forgot I was suspended and also couldn't remember my old ID.. So, I started a new one, bought ONE item and boom, I was suspended indifintely.

I am mad, not because of the suspension, but because that I am being told when I was suspended in 2006, I was supposed to appeal their decision after 7 days, but I guess because I didn't BEG to come back, the suspension wasn't taken off.. Doesn't the word "suspension" mean for a short time?

I don't see why we can't report this ebay "Trust & Safety" team to the Better Business Bureau.. NOT because of being suspended, but the fact that they refuse to talk on one on about a case. I have asked the "Ebay Live Chat" folks the name of the head person in the Trust and Saftey team, but I am told they can't give out that information. I've also asked more than a dozen people at ebay, for a PHONE number to talk to someone about my case. I think that kind of crappy "customer service" should be a strike against them at the Better Business Bureau. In ANY company if you want to speak to a head person or supervisor over the phone, you can.. I feel that the Trust & Safety team is just hiding.

Next. what can I do at this point? My mom signed up an account, but she has this same address. And in one of Ebay's responses to MY email, they said all accounts registered to this home address will be suspended as well.

I don't get it at all. I don't see how I can make a clear case here when I respond to a message from the Trust and Safety team and someone ELSE writes back. I've gotten emails back from different people in that team, so who knows how much they are really researching?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2008
Threadstarter  

As I mentioned in my previous message, my mom just signed up for ebay a couple of days ago (before I found this board).

She signed up using her credit card, name, bday, etc...

But it's the same phone number and address as me... Now I am worried her account will be suspended? Should she try and close it and then make a new one using the suggestions on this board? Or should we wait to see what happened?

She did go in and change the registration address and mailing address to a P.O. Box, but it may be too late..
Also, she did register using the Foxfire browser/ and the cookies are automatically not saved.

Please let me know what you all think.

I notice people on here say register using a new IP address, can we go to like a library and register or will my regular IP show up if I log in at home to buy/sell?
Old 06-14-2008
Threadstarter  

well, ignore my last message. My moms account just got suspended.

How can they do this? How can they suspend EVERYONE in the home? Makes no sense.
Old 06-14-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It's just eBay's way.

It's time to start fresh with a stealth account. You most likely won't see your accounts again.

If you're just signing up for a buyers account, its pretty easy to setup compared with a sellers account. Do a little more reading in the forum and you should have enough knowledge to create a new account without worrying about suspension.

Good luck.
Old 06-14-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks.

I mostly want to sell though.. What sucks is I have a P.O. Box, but I've used it before on Ebay.. Should I get a new one? I don't want to give them that address again if it's on their record.

I am still a little worried because I just read someone on here did everything that was said to do and was still suspended.
Old 06-16-2008

Longevity: 97%

I tried the BBB route. Although BBB processed my claim, ebay stood by it's policy of no reinstatment (I was linked to my daughter's suspended account). BBB dropped the claim based on that.

Join the pirate life like the rest of us!