booted for life on friday - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default booted for life on friday

I have a lot to say after my experience and reading here. I may have to start several threads to cover all of the topics.

Let's start here.

My account was suspended indefinately they say. Two days ago. My newer account, 2 years old, 200+ transactions, no disputes or cases ever, 2 neg fdbk both from blackmailers who wanted me to send them more items for free but those are almost a year old at this point. .3% fdbk score away from being a top rated seller. Things were going great, business had picked up.

I also had another account that I had 500 fdbk, 100% positive, I had given it to my ex husband 3 months ago so he could start selling on it. This account was also indefinately suspended.

I helped my friend and business partner open a ebay account and start selling. She has logged in from my home, and I from hers. Her account was also indefinaely suspened.

I had great customers who loved me, 4.9 on my star ratings.

I was asked to provide invoices for what I sell. I am a authorized independent distributor for a product, so it' not a issue.

Ebay was basically my only income, I was netting $2000 a month on ebay until I was booted 2 days ago.

I did nothing wrong. I had HIGH seller ratings. High everything. They then emailed all my recent customers trying to get them to cancel their orders with me and open claims to get their money back even tough I already shipped the items. So I had tons of open cases now.

I wasn't selling questionable items like dvds or electronics.

My sales on my account and my ex account really picked up last few weeks as my rankings were so high and i was appearing on the fist page of searches.

I called about suspension but no real answer. General bs answeres. "selling practices" was the reason, but I've always played by the books and there is nothign shady about my business.
(except that I enter ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers becase it takes more than 24 busines hour for my supplier to give me he tracking, then I update with the correct tracking numbers)

1. Should I even try to appeal? Do I have any hope? I KNOW they are wrong and if they'd just tell my what they THINK I did I can PROVE that I didn't.

2. Why do we NOT need to open a new paypal account as well if going stealth? Just add a email? Don't paypal and ebay share info? They are owned by same scammers. I read someone just add email, and somewhere else create new paypal, which should we do?

3. Multiple stealth accounts? How mny should I have?

4. I use inkfrog. I shared it with my BFF and EX so we could save on fees. Could that have connected our accounts? Do I need a different ink frog account for each stealth account.

5. I feel violated, abused, beaten, broken.....I feel loss, sorrow, fear.....I hate ebay. I hate that they favor buyers 100% of time even though they scam us, I hate we can't leave neg fdbk for them when they deserve it, I hate ebay suspends people for no reason....I hate that we depend on them for income and they screw us. Will I get over this? Will I survive?

Thank you for your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
I have a lot to say after my experience and reading here. I may have to start several threads to cover all of the topics.

1. Should I even try to appeal? Do I have any hope? I KNOW they are wrong and if they'd just tell my what they THINK I did I can PROVE that I didn't.
Yes, always appeal and fight hard to see if you can beat them.

Quote:
2. Why do we NOT need to open a new paypal account as well if going stealth? Just add a email? Don't paypal and ebay share info? They are owned by same scammers. I read someone just add email, and somewhere else create new paypal, which should we do?
ebay & paypal share info. Anything OLD links to new accounts. That email trick died years ago. It is not the correct way. Correct/only/right way is to make new accounts with NEW everything.

Quote:
3. Multiple stealth accounts? How many should I have?
I would not say yet. You have a lot of reading to do to grasp the methods. Then you can start thinking about the number of accounts.
Quote:
4. I use inkfrog. I shared it with my BFF and EX so we could save on fees. Could that have connected our accounts? Do I need a different ink frog account for each stealth account.
Certainly caused a connection.

Quote:
5. I feel violated, abused, beaten, broken.....I feel loss, sorrow, fear.....I hate ebay. I hate that they favor buyers 100% of time even though they scam us, I hate we can't leave neg fdbk for them when they deserve it, I hate ebay suspends people for no reason....I hate that we depend on them for income and they screw us. Will I get over this? Will I survive?

Thank you for your help.
How you feel right now is exactly how many of us did feel.

How you BEHAVE in the days ahead is how you get over this. You learn stealth and you learn to beat ebay.

Then YOU WIN

Good Luck
Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

My guess is that the fact you are drop-shipping and entering ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking information is what did you in. Inkfrog and logging on from each other's computers and internet connections killed off the rest of the accounts once yours was banned. LINK is the dirtiest four-letter word in a stealther's dictionary, yes, even worse than the f-bomb. Linking accounts and PC's is to be avoided at all costs.

Drop-shipping is TECHNICALLY allowed on eBay, but they really don't like it. And entering ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers is not allowed and makes you look like a scammer.

The problem with drop-shipping is that a lot of people (usually people who have no money) figure it is a good way to make money without investing any money, or by investing only a small amount of money. They fall prey to scammers, or have other issues and then do not want to take care of the customer - they deny all responsibility and point to their drop-shipper. Since they usually have no money anyway, PayPal gets left holding the bag, so to speak. And the fact is, the SELLER is responsible to the customer, NOT the drop-shipper.

I'm NOT saying that this describes YOU. I am only letting you know why eBay has a problem with your business practices. The ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking information had to make them nervous.

You seem to have a good relationship with your supplier that has lasted over the long term. Is there any way you can get the tracking numbers sooner? If not, you may have to give up the 1 day handling that eBay requires for the Top Rated Seller discounts and pay the extra 20% in fees. You will also lose your position in best match since 1 day handling gives you a boost.

Another possibility is that you could start to stock your own inventory. You know the product, how many are likely to sell and how much each unit sells for. This gives you an advantage as you are unlikely to get stuck with inventory that does not sell, or that you have to discount heavily just to get rid of it.

To be clear, eBay did NOT ban you because of any linking, etc. You will notice that the linked accounts only went down after your primary selling account did. That is how it happens. Once eBay finds a problem, they will try to find any other accounts you may have and close them as well. It will not matter that they actually belong to family or friends.

As GreenBean said, I would try to call eBay and save the account. There is nothing to lose at this point, so you might as well try. When talking to them, you have to understand a few things going in:
  1. eBay operates on a series of rules, just like any other large corporation. Most employees do not have the power to override the rules. You will probably have to talk to a supervisor or a manager to be successful in reinstating your account. And even then, there are no guarantees.
  2. eBay employees (as well as emails you receive from them) are NEVER going to get specific about why EXACTLY you were banned. They will use terms like selling practices, customer issues, etc. when speaking with you. eBay will not give you any ammunition to argue your case (lengthens call times) or to use against them in court. Which beings me to...
  3. You must understand that you DO NOT have a constitutional right to sell on eBay, or any other website. eBay can do whatever they like with their website. As long as eBay does not run afoul of the anti-discrimination laws they can ban whomever they want for whatever reasons they want. So, calling them and threatening litigation and complaints to the government will not help your case and will in fact make sure the account stays banned. eBay has teams of lawyers to protect them and they are not worried about threats.
  4. When calling, be NICE. Nobody wants to deal with a nasty attitude. If it were me, I would use my NICEST voice and play dumb. I would ask why my account was banned and if there was anything at all that I could change to make eBay like me again. I'm SO SORRY, I thought the tracking numbers were just a technicality and I didn't realize you took them so seriously, I promise never to do that again... That type of thing. It couldn't hurt to mention, in conversation, that you are a single mom with 4 kids, but do NOT say you are destitute without eBay. You want them to think that the extra money helps, but that it is not absolutely necessary.

Keep in mind, even if you do everything right, you may never get the account back. So don't put off learning stealth in the hopes that eBay will change their minds. It rarely happens. My best estimate of your chances of being reinstated? You really don't want to know... Maybe 30% or so.

The two most important things that I hope you take away from this are to avoid liking any future accounts at all costs and to never input ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers in the future.

Many people try to take shortcuts with stealth and end up getting linked. Those that go above and beyond are the ones who are successful. If you have even the SLIGHTEST DOUBT that something may link accounts then DON'T DO IT! Better safe than sorry. Better to spend an extra $10 than to lose an account that is generating income for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (06-17-2013)
Old 06-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have no indication that it had to do with tracking numbers. Thats the only legit "shady" thing that I could be accused of to my knowledge.

It's a mlm company I am with, like Mary Kay (but not). I place customer orders on my website and they ship direct to them, so that's how I run this. 66% of the orders are placed on the website, 33% are shipped from my inventory. It takes them 24 hours to upload tracking to me.

Other than that, when they asked for invoices I pulled my recent invoices which showed only all the FREE product I had earned plus shipping costs. Those were my personal inventory bottles. I didn't pull each and ever customer invoice for the last 30 days and send that. Over 100 pages it would have been. I have no idea if that had anything to do with it. In my "appeal" that I have yet to do I can offer to send more invoices.

But my confusion is they asked for invoices after having asked for invoices and cleared me 2 months prior. And it's 24 hours after getting invoices that they say I am booted for life. So it leads me to believe it has something to do with the invoices?? Your thoughts?

When they say the below, do I have a chance? Or when they say this is it 100% over?

(In mean time I am doing stealth)

MC999 eBay Indefinite Selling Restriction

Dear xxxxxx,

To help keep our website a safer place for buyers and sellers, your account will be restricted from selling indefinitely.

Our decision is based on evidence from our records. We're not comfortable with your selling practices or business model, and we feel they don't help to promote a positive buying and selling environment.

Even though you can't sell on our website, you can still use your account to buy or bid on items. For more information on the basics of buying, please visit:

Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
h.)

NOW THIS: I called in about his and the lady told me to reply in the email to do a appeal. I told her the email said don't reply. She tol me at the bottom of the email it had a place to reply. I said ok adn got off the phone without looking but it doesn't seem to have a place to reply or email them so what do I do?

How do I appeal?

Last edited by amysol; 06-09-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

You might want to edit out your user id and email address.
Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

This is a generic letter they send when banning an account. IMHO, it has no bearing on whether you can get reinstated or not.

When trying to get accounts back, I have only used the phone. The only time I ever gave invoices, they were given to PayPal when they requested them (as well as other things).

I don't think the invoices have much to do with the suspension. As you pointed out, they already cleared you 2 months ago. Invoices mostly help if you are accused of selling counterfeits. eBay/PayPal will want to see that your distributor is legitimate and the products are real.

I don't know what it was, but SOMETHING caused someone at eBay to take a look at your account. It could have been a buyer complaint directly to eBay, a bad feedback, a message to/from a customer, etc. When they started looking, they found multiple accounts, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers and drop-shipping going on. eBay bans accounts for FAR LESS than that. This is just what corporations do, minimize their risk as much as possible.

It couldn't hurt to give them all of the invoices, but I doubt it will be helpful.

I would put more time and energy into learning stealth and creating new accounts than trying to save the old account. It still pays to try, but don't get bogged down with it. Just give it your best shot and move on.

I know it can be hard. I took it VERY personally when I first lost my account. Over time, it gets easier. These days I don't feel bad losing one here and there, although I do try to minimize my losses. And I don't lose too many accounts anymore.

In a strange way, this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Before I lost an account, I thought only scammers and counterfeiters lost accounts, so I didn't worry about it. Now that I have learned how eBay/PayPal/Amazon work, I am in a much better position than I was back then.

Having multiple UNLINKED accounts spreads your risk. And it means that if you lose an account, it will only be a small part of your overall business. This is MUCH BETTER than having all of your eggs in one basket, so to speak.

So, try not to despair. Sure, losing money even for a short time hurts. But if you business comes back stronger than ever, you will be better off.

My old boss and mentor once told me: It is not what happens to us in life that matters - it is how we react to it that counts. And he was SO RIGHT!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (06-17-2013)
Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

The ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers did you in....
Old 06-09-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I agree you may think now that putting those tracking numbers were no big deal but once you learn stealth you will understand how doing something like that is a disaster and just raises so many flags
Old 06-10-2013

Talking

eBay Inc.
Attn: Corporate Counsel
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125

Write to this address and argue your case in clear non offensive terms.

Took a lot of loud mean words to get this info, I'm quite proud I made ebay Teri the supervisor that wouldn't accept my appeal cry like a baby and give me this info. I would have been easier on her if she wasn't so nasty to me. Even told me I made several valid points and a solid argument for reinstating me before telling me in polite words I was a piece-o-krap. It was game on after that!

MY TOMBSTONE WILL PROBABLY SAY "HERE LIES BIGBOODIE HE WENT OFF!"

Last edited by bigboddie; 06-10-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2013

Talking

Op here's something else that may help you

VPN Routers - Hide My Ass!
Old 06-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboddie View Post

DON'T DO IT!

eBay is aware of this provider and it is a pooled environment making it unsuitable for stealth.
Old 06-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboddie View Post

Do not go overboard with the advice.

Omit the personal details on posts in future too.

This particular VPN is bad.

Badder than you Bad BigBoddie.

Old 06-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Lot of long posts - hope you are reading the advice and acting properly.

IF you are based in the US, forget the Hide my A$$ and such VPN over-used services. Go for dongle, phone tethering, NEW ISP provider - many options exist...get reading.

Search function is your friend - look up "dynamic IP".
Old 06-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Do not go overboard with the advice.

Omit the personal details on posts in future too.

This particular VPN is bad.

Badder than you Bad BigBoddie.

Agreed. If you don't go to crazy selling Vero or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and start off selling like household items. You can actually build accounts from a college computer lab and then later just log onto them from public Wifi. With eBay what you sell, the categories you list in etc, etc. All play into the equation of how risky your account is. I have personally run multiple Stealth Accounts logging only in from the same McDonald's and Starbucks. You do have to understand Stealth and how cookies and other things help and harm you. As well as always be ready to verify the eBay call when working from a public pc. But it can be done.

Lots of sellers on here are impatient try to list to much to fast. Doing things that eBay views as shady. And that will always get you booted. As much as eBay sucks in certain ways. They have their rules and you have to learn to play by them. Otherwise face the facts that you are going to being wasting lots of time creating more and more accounts only to get shut down by eBay again and again.

Last edited by vogeltron; 06-14-2013 at 02:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
tcw7 (06-16-2013)
Old 06-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Lots of sellers on here are impatient try to list to much to fast. Doing things that eBay views as shady. And that will always get you booted. As much as eBay sucks in certain ways. They have their rules and you have to learn to play by them.
Playing around with tracking numbers is around these lines
Old 06-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Playing around with tracking numbers is around these lines
Yup, they aren't are going to put up with that
Old 06-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I didn't do it to be melicious, or with ill intent. I wanted to satisfy their requirement and I didn't get my tracking from the shipper for 24 hours. But oh well, as I see it now, trying to become a top rated seller shouldn't even be a goal, is that right?
Old 06-14-2013

Longevity: 64%

This thread is like a novel
Old 06-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I didn't do it to be melicious, or with ill intent. I wanted to satisfy their requirement and I didn't get my tracking from the shipper for 24 hours. But oh well, as I see it now, trying to become a top rated seller shouldn't even be a goal, is that right?
Dont take this personally.

You fiddled with the tracking numbers for your own ends.

Now because that involved incorrect usage of ebay, what do you seriously think ebay will do?

Please dont cry the victim of becoming a top rated seller when you did not use the platform correctly.

ebay punishes people.

Simples.

Old 06-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Is there any way you can talk to your supplier and ask if you can get the real tracking numbers sooner? If not, then I would say to forget about TRS status and just enter the real numbers as soon as you get them.
Old 06-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Excuse me?

Excuse me? I did not "cry victim". We don't even know if they knew about the updated tracking numbers.

I've never cried victim. I am not different than any other user who's had issues, been terminated with or without cause, learned things the hard way or who has had a down right been treated unfairly. Who knows the reason. Please let's keep this forum supportive and not name call and accuse. You should know better.
Old 06-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I might just not attempt to be a top rated seller on the account I will sell that item on. It's no biggie. :-) I am feeling that top rated sellers raise red flags?