Starting with stealth again issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Starting with stealth again issues

I can't create a stealth account. It's the changing IP that confuses me. I can't do dial up, my PC has no outlet for a jack. I don't understand the whole modem thing per se and the big issue is address.

Do I have NO choice but to pay $60 every 3 months for a address box? What is wrong with the online one I posted here?

The address and the ip address are holding me back right now. Any help with that? I have used all friends and relative addresses on ebay all ready.

How do I make this work?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-17-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

For the IP you can change it through router settings by changing your MAC address and than resetting the modem and powering off than on the router, this is method I use with comcast Internet .

You can also purchase a USB or a hot spot and everytime u shut off and on u will get new ip. You can also tether with your cellphone
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You can also turn the modem off - wait few min - then turn back on - check IPBurger - if the site gives you different IP, you are good to go
Old 06-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

Can you not use a smartphone with a data connection?
Old 06-17-2013

Longevity: 81%

^^^
what they said about IP.
can you explain why you need an accessible address for?

are you buying? in case of returns? etc?
Old 06-18-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
I can't create a stealth account. It's the changing IP that confuses me. I can't do dial up, my PC has no outlet for a jack. I don't understand the whole modem thing per se and the big issue is address.

Do I have NO choice but to pay $60 every 3 months for a address box? What is wrong with the online one I posted here?

The address and the ip address are holding me back right now. Any help with that? I have used all friends and relative addresses on ebay all ready.

How do I make this work?

Why are all your accounts getting limited in the first place?

IPs you need to learn what you need to do?

Where are you really from not the US right? address box what does that even mean, that sounds like a european or foreign something?

what do you mean get an address box?
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

If you understand the system you can start accounts from a public library and run them successful. I have accounts I start all the time a public College Library. Then once I get 10-20 selling feedback I begin using from public WiFi locations. It can be done. I have run accounts like this for 4+ years now. Without paying for a VPN or something like that.

I do however use VPNs on some of my stealth accounts. But like I said I have 3-4 that I drive around to parking lots of Starbucks, McDonalds etc and log into them using the public WiFi with my laptop. I admit these methods are more risky but if you build a solid seller account with good feedback and history with eBay. They will leave you alone.

If you haven't purchased the Stealth Book you definitely should. That is if you are serious about getting back on eBay.
Old 06-18-2013

Seems like alot of unnecessary work for an IP, but whatever works ,,
I can switch between 30 IPs in minutes for different accounts from home at no charge
Old 06-18-2013

Longevity: 63%

Based on your troubles, there are two things to fix:
1. You need to make sure you know how to check for your Public IP address; IPBurger is the one of the best.
2. Make sure that you are using the correct account on the computer each time.

Note: Each time you reconnect to an internet, your connection is renegotiated based on the information sent from your computer. If the Mac Address changes, you will get a new Public IP Address. But remember, your provider can run out of IPs and you can get a previously used IP; this can be very dangerous if you are not logging IPs.

Good luck!

Last edited by GoteBay; 06-18-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Dongle...cellphone tethering...concepts worth goodgling and researching to understand - lot of posts here about those options
Old 06-18-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok I am replying now after reading only some message here so far.

1. I have unlimited data plan on my cell, to get a tether plan, I'd have to give that up. BUt it is possible.

Can someone tell me how the teather works? Every time I start a new teather it's a new IP? Or I just the phone down then back on?

Also, I am getting a new ipad, and am getting new service on it from att. That all will be one brand new way to get onto ebay correct? LIke I can use that ipad always for that one account?

What about my old ipad that I haved logged into several old ebay accounts. Could I set that ipad up to use a single ebay account ever again or is it shot since it's already logged into other accounts?

Please advise...thanks so much for your contributions to this thread. :-)
Old 06-18-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default address box?

I am a US citizen, 34 year old mom of 4, born in the USA living in Florida. Not sure why you are saying I am not in the US.

I would need a working address for returns and purchases right?

Yes, I have some learning to do about IP, I don't quite understand it all. That's why I am here.

An address box. You don't know what that is? A PO BOX, a Suite number.A box of some kind for an address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
Why are all your accounts getting limited in the first place?

IPs you need to learn what you need to do?

Where are you really from not the US right? address box what does that even mean, that sounds like a european or foreign something?

what do you mean get an address box?
Old 06-18-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I guess I am confused. What I read about the rebooting boxes, modems, routers etc sounded lenghty, like 3-5 minutes every time I want to switch accounts? But it is said this doesn't work anyway, as I have to write down the ip every single time I log in, and check it against every single IP I've ever had before in my life? Really? I could have to spend 20 minutes checking it against 1000 ip addresses. This all sounds VERY time consuming, so I don't undersand why someone says it sounds like using dial up is very time consuming.

What am I missing? This whole rebooting boxes, routers, mac address etc, and checking ip and matching it against all other ip ever used sounds SOOOO time consuming. Please explain how you say its the easiest way?

As far as start account at library. What about others who use the library. What if their account is shut down, so will mine? What if I start two accounts at a library. Those will then be connected?
Old 06-18-2013

the library uses the same ip DO NOT start two accounts at a library. You want to avoid linking anyway possible. A relative cheap solution i do i use a vps cost a little as 15$ gets the job done gives you a new ip etc
Old 06-18-2013

I have comcast Internet with modem and router , and the only way to change my IP is to get into my router settings and change my MAC address and than I just hit the button to reset the modem and unplug the router for couple seconds and than plug back in , it than takes a minute for everything to reboot and to get an Internet signal and than check using IPBurger.com to see if u have a new IP. It seems hard I'm the beginning but once you start doing this it becomes second nature and really only takes 2-3 minutes. I have over 30 accounts that I operate.

I use my iPhone which has certain apps that make it a powerful tool for stealth AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE EBAY AND PAYPAL APP THESE APPS DO NOT USE.

The apps I use are IP VIEW which lets me know instantly if the IP is new or was used , it also keeps a list of all IPs ever used, and u can click on the ip and copy it with one click and than I paste it to my notepad on the iPhone under the heading for the appropriate stealth account that I use. S1, S2,S2, and so on. So I can always double check the ip if need to, if the app is down or what not.

The mail center on the iPhone or android is great u can put in all email addresses so that everything comes to one inbox so you can see what is going on with each stealth account always without logging in. You get an email for anything that happens with ur account , if an item is sold, paid , if u have a dispute, if a buyer has a question, etc... Just turn off images to all email and never click on a link or respond to an email unless you are on the appropriate IP and u cleared all cookies.

For each stealth account u create separate user accounts to keep all cookies separate. And for an address rent a box at UPS they give an actual address not just a PO BOX

Yes there are many steps you need to take and it does take time but like anything when you do it everyday it becomes second nature and u r able to do these steps easily

Running an online business is no joke it's serious and if done correct very rewarding, there is no magic button it takes time hard work and patience, so if ur looking for an easy way out than this is not for you.

If you follow the ebay stealth guide along with this forum and put the time and work in u will be successful. I started devasted six months ago with my main account being shut down and now six months later I have over 30 accounts all growing with limits increasing and Paypal holds being lifted

This system does work , you need to calm down and study the guide and forum. Patience is the most important thing when operating stealth. Do not take short cuts and ship out fast and provide exceptional customer service. The key is not only having 100% feedback but you need close to perfect DSRs
Old 06-18-2013

Arrow

Op this should help you a bit.

IP Address
The "IP address" is the Internal IP address of the Router. To access the advanced setup interface, type this IP address into the address bar of your browser. This address can be changed if needed. To Change the IP address, type in the new IP address and click "Apply Changes". The IP address you choose should be a non-routable IP. Examples of a non-routable IP are: 192.168.x.x (where x is anything between 0 and 255.)
10.x.x.x (where x is anything between 0 and 255.)
172.y.x.x (where y is anything from 16 to 31, and x is anything between 0 and 255.)
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
.... This all sounds VERY time consuming, so I don't undersand why someone says it sounds like using dial up is very time consuming.
It is just that pages load SLOWLY on dial-up. Back in the days before broadband, websites would optimize their pictures for speed. They no longer to that. So, the 10kb jpeg has turned into the 70kb jpeg. That may not sound like a big deal, but it IS when you are using a 56kbps dial-up connection.

It gets frustrating when you are doing your daily account activities.
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboddie View Post
Op this should help you a bit.

IP Address
The "IP address" is the Internal IP address of the Router. To access the advanced setup interface, type this IP address into the address bar of your browser. This address can be changed if needed. To Change the IP address, type in the new IP address and click "Apply Changes". The IP address you choose should be a non-routable IP. Examples of a non-routable IP are: 192.168.x.x (where x is anything between 0 and 255.)
10.x.x.x (where x is anything between 0 and 255.)
172.y.x.x (where y is anything from 16 to 31, and x is anything between 0 and 255.)
Actually, the IP address is assigned by your ISP. Most are dynamic, which means they change when you turn the router off and on. Some, however, use Static IP's that never change.
Old 06-18-2013

Talking

http://192.168.2.1/setup_help.htm try this op.
Old 06-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It is just that pages load SLOWLY on dial-up. Back in the days before broadband, websites would optimize their pictures for speed. They no longer to that. So, the 10kb jpeg has turned into the 70kb jpeg. That may not sound like a big deal, but it IS when you are using a 56kbps dial-up connection.

It gets frustrating when you are doing your daily account activities.
I use dial-up for some accounts - it is long and tedious ...but I am used to it - especially for my long distance accounts (out of country).

Free long-distance plan on my home landline phone helps...immensely