PP Email - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default PP Email

Hello

I made an account yesterday however the following day I got the email below from pp. what does this mean? was a linked to another account?

------------------------------------------

What's the problem?

We need to confirm some of your account information. Please update your
profile with your current address and provide some documentation to help
confirm your identity

Case ID Number: PPxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How you can help

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the
time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest
transactions.

To help us with this and to find out what you can and can't do with your
account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the
Resolution Center.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Don't click on any links in the email. Open your browser and go to PayPal the way you normally would. See what PayPal is asking for.

We need a little more information here. First, is this a stealth account, or your real account? Second, what is PayPal asking for?
Old 07-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Don't click on any links in the email. Open your browser and go to PayPal the way you normally would. See what PayPal is asking for.

We need a little more information here. First, is this a stealth account, or your real account? Second, what is PayPal asking for?
this is a stealth account, its says we need a little more information to check my identity and address. they even give me a case number.
Old 07-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Did you use all new info? New IP?
Old 07-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Did you use all new info? New IP?
Yes I have, I did follow the guide.
the only thing that might have blow my cover is:

* I created a new user account on my PC to create this EB and PP account, however with this PC account I did check my real email. I was thinking maybe PP have cookies to trace other things too?????

another reason

* The address I use is at a shopping center?
Old 07-13-2013

Longevity: 71%

did you click on any ebay or paypal links from reading your real email?
just checking the email will not blow the cover.

the shopping center address might be the problem though...maybe somebody else being suspended has used it too..
Old 07-13-2013
Threadstarter  

here is what I did.

created a New user account on my PC
changed my IP address and verified it was changed.
I used a address that is in the same city as my IP
I followed the guide and use different address, name, email address and phone number.

I got this email on the second day of opening this account. I did not purchase anything on eb or use the pp account yet.

the only thing that might have linked me is with the same PC account I checked my real gmail that has my real name and information.... that might have linked me.

Last edited by reen3; 07-13-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I don't know that the account HAS been linked, although that is a possibility. I think the more likely issue is the address you used. It could be marked as a commercial address by PayPal.

I always use a residence address when creating a stealth account. I use a real address and look up whatever names are associated with it on WhitePages.com to make sure I am NOT using any real names.

Also, sometimes these things happen randomly. I get them once in awhile when creating a stealth account - if anything is tripping it, I don't know what it is. Sometimes they just want you to call and they ask some questions. That I will usually attempt. Other times they want copies of your driver's license, utility bills, bank or credit card statements, etc. Those, I drop. I highly recommend NOT creating any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID's or anything as that is illegal.

If they just want you to call, play dumb when talking to them, like you are surprised they asked for this. If they ask about your address, I would just say you work there and used the address because that is where you can get packages during the day. Of course, they may ask for a home address, so have a residential address ready.

If they are asking for documents, or an SSN, I would just drop it and start over.
Old 07-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I don't know that the account HAS been linked, although that is a possibility. I think the more likely issue is the address you used. It could be marked as a commercial address by PayPal.

I always use a residence address when creating a stealth account. I use a real address and look up whatever names are associated with it on WhitePages.com to make sure I am NOT using any real names.

Also, sometimes these things happen randomly. I get them once in awhile when creating a stealth account - if anything is tripping it, I don't know what it is. Sometimes they just want you to call and they ask some questions. That I will usually attempt. Other times they want copies of your driver's license, utility bills, bank or credit card statements, etc. Those, I drop. I highly recommend NOT creating any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID's or anything as that is illegal.

If they just want you to call, play dumb when talking to them, like you are surprised they asked for this. If they ask about your address, I would just say you work there and used the address because that is where you can get packages during the day. Of course, they may ask for a home address, so have a residential address ready.

If they are asking for documents, or an SSN, I would just drop it and start over.
whatever it happen to this account I would count it as lost.

Eb needs a competitor.... they are dominating in online auction business and they don't need sellers anymore or another saying is they are not hungry. They are making large revenues they can ban me and you but everyday thousands join the site.
Old 07-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@reen3, what is the source of your IP...VPN? VPS? Dongle? ...or?