AZ Claims on Suspended Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-14-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default AZ Claims on Suspended Accounts

Is it a known fact that Amazon favors the buyer heavily on AZ claims after your account has been permanently suspended? I recently lost a claim on an $1800 item when the buyer hadn't even returned it back to me yet. Luckily, I had been in contact with the buyer and eventually got it back,

Any input would be appreciated as I will likely be getting more claims coming in.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2013

Longevity: 62%

Make sure to deal with customers directly and keep amazon out of it as much as possible. Amazon will refer them to the YOU the seller 99% of the time. So when the customer does contact you handle it with a big fat smile. If the customer files an a-z claim through his amazon account then just contact them and again put on your smile face and deal with it. You have 30 days to respond to a-z claims any way.
Old 07-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If your account is suspended and you have already dealt with 1 Issue, and you nare expecting more Issues,,to me it sounds like you need to take a better look at what your selling,,,if they are $1800 items, and they are "China Specials",,you should NOT be worrying about your account,,,you might need to worry about you A$$
Old 07-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuspp View Post
Is it a known fact that Amazon favors the buyer heavily on AZ claims after your account has been permanently suspended? I recently lost a claim on an $1800 item when the buyer hadn't even returned it back to me yet. Luckily, I had been in contact with the buyer and eventually got it back,

Any input would be appreciated as I will likely be getting more claims coming in.
Best advice is to avoid claims

Az does favor the buyer HEAVILY on an A-to-Z claim - rough for the seller
Old 07-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
If your account is suspended and you have already dealt with 1 Issue, and you nare expecting more Issues,,to me it sounds like you need to take a better look at what your selling,,,if they are $1800 items, and they are "China Specials",,you should NOT be worrying about your account,,,you might need to worry about you A$$
What I'm selling is not an issue at all. The way I am going to deal with the idiots on a suspended account is.
Old 07-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazenknight View Post
Make sure to deal with customers directly and keep amazon out of it as much as possible. Amazon will refer them to the YOU the seller 99% of the time. So when the customer does contact you handle it with a big fat smile. If the customer files an a-z claim through his amazon account then just contact them and again put on your smile face and deal with it. You have 30 days to respond to a-z claims any way.
The thing that sucks is, Amazon reps are trigger happy at opening up claims for the customer. Over 60% of the claims I ever get are not opened by the customer, but by a stupid overseas amazon rep.

30 days? All my claims I think have like 5 or 7 days to respond...and if you don't respond, it automatically goes to Amazon and they grant the buyer a full refund regardless of the claim circumstances.
Old 07-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

How do you know that the claim was opened by Amazon rep and not by customer?????
Old 07-16-2013

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%

Here is what happened to us on our suspended account.

AZ claim within 30 days for a defect. Sent return and exchange instructions, all was good.

2 claims after the 30 days for defects. Sent same instructions and both times AZ was granted within 5 minutes of sending reply to guarantee. AZ showed they didn't care as long as your final disbursement had not been issued.

Had customer try a claim 122 days after purchase, and after final disbursement. Was nice and sent out return/exchange instructions.

Again AZ sided with customer within 5 minutes.

Looked like the account was flagged to allow all AZ guarantees. Our CC had been cancelled just in case they tried this trick; so AZ would have to pay out of their own pocket
The Following User Says Thank You to Phd For This Useful Post:
nebuspp (07-17-2013)
Old 07-16-2013

Longevity: 64%

Very nice and you even got the return item, I need to keep that in mind.
Old 07-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
How do you know that the claim was opened by Amazon rep and not by customer?????
You can tell by the description in the claim. They will refer to the customer calling or refer to the customer in 3rd person. Also, the piss poor english is always a dead give away.
Old 07-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
Here is what happened to us on our suspended account.

AZ claim within 30 days for a defect. Sent return and exchange instructions, all was good.

2 claims after the 30 days for defects. Sent same instructions and both times AZ was granted within 5 minutes of sending reply to guarantee. AZ showed they didn't care as long as your final disbursement had not been issued.

Had customer try a claim 122 days after purchase, and after final disbursement. Was nice and sent out return/exchange instructions.

Again AZ sided with customer within 5 minutes.

Looked like the account was flagged to allow all AZ guarantees. Our CC had been cancelled just in case they tried this trick; so AZ would have to pay out of their own pocket
That is sick. Within 5 minutes every time? When you say you sent return instructions, do you mean you "Represented" it to Amazon so they can decide the outcome? Seems to me the best and only way to not get screwed with claims on suspended account is to get the customer to withdraw.
Old 07-18-2013

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%

Once an AZ Guarantee is opened, you have to make an attempt to respond, so we did with return/exchange instructions.

AZ did not care, they became the Bully on the playground.

The ONLY way not to get screwed, is to not play.

Hey, it's their rules, their field, and their ball. You get to play only if you let them win.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phd For This Useful Post:
allie96 (07-18-2013)