Tax Identity Information - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Unhappy Tax Identity Information

Hi Guys, this morning I got an email from amazon asking me to provide Tax ID information. The issue that I have is this is an stealth account and also I am based in the UK.

The email clearly states that they generally collect these information from sellers who have a U.S. address, U.S. banking information or other information connecting the seller to U.S. so I have no idea how I got sent this email.

I have 30 days to provide it, is there anyway I can save my account?
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just to add, I know this topic has been asked before and I did look on the site but the issue I have is I am based in the UK and only sell on the .co.uk site. Should I just start the interview and where the question which asks about if I am a U.S. resident I just click NO?

I have never sold anything on the U.S. site. Does anyone have any idea please?
Old 07-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

All individual seller account need to provide Tax ID when reached 50 transactions. But they actually put an "Inactive" status in your account when you reached ~ 100 transaction.

If there is no way for you to get a US Tax ID then create more account and spread your sale out
Old 07-16-2013

You could call their support guys and explain to them you're not in the USA.

Also, you could pay 300 bucks and get everything you need from incorporate dot com.
Old 07-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
All individual seller account need to provide Tax ID when reached 50 transactions. But they actually put an "Inactive" status in your account when you reached ~ 100 transaction.

If there is no way for you to get a US Tax ID then create more account and spread your sale out
I do not live in the U.S. nor do I sell the U.S. market surly what you are suggesting is not the way forward otherwise every single seller who is selling on none U.S. amazon website will have the same problem regardless of it not being a stealth account.
Old 07-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
You could call their support guys and explain to them you're not in the USA.

Also, you could pay 300 bucks and get everything you need from incorporate dot com.
Do I not need to have a U.S. resident address? I a thinking this just a glitch but am too scared to call the seller support
Old 07-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I do not live in the U.S. nor do I sell the U.S. market surly what you are suggesting is not the way forward otherwise every single seller who is selling on none U.S. amazon website will have the same problem regardless of it not being a stealth account.
Sorry for misunderstand your post Dude

Just do what Furious George said
Old 07-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Sorry for misunderstand your post Dude

Just do what Furious George said
Thank you Tony, I ill probably have to call them but would just like to see if anyone from the UK has had this issue? and if so what did they do?

Talking over the phone would be my last resort.
Old 07-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank you Tony, I ill probably have to call them but would just like to see if anyone from the UK has had this issue? and if so what did they do?

Talking over the phone would be my last resort.
I know you got email from them, but when you log-in to your account did you see that they required or not?
Old 07-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I know you got email from them, but when you log-in to your account did you see that they required or not?
Yes there is an alert on my seller home page :(
Old 07-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Hi Guys, this morning I got an email from amazon asking me to provide Tax ID information. The issue that I have is this is an stealth account and also I am based in the UK.

The email clearly states that they generally collect these information from sellers who have a U.S. address, U.S. banking information or other information connecting the seller to U.S. so I have no idea how I got sent this email.

I have 30 days to provide it, is there anyway I can save my account?
Thanks
Hey Dude,

When they say a TAX ID are they asking for VAT? As for as UK is concerned we self employed folks only do a self assessment each year though HMRC. Amazon and any other company for that matter are not obliged to ask for any information regarding these taxes. The only other thing which I need you to clarify with me is are they asking about VAT? VAT is something that you do have to legally provide and set up on your trading accounts if your selling over the threshold per year which I think is on or around 70k but has recently changed. You can become voluntary VAT registered but there's no point ill you are reaching this threshold.

I'm not sure if Amazon are mistaking you for a US account when you are UK only, you might have to speak to customer services guys about it but be prepared to use your stealth info and have it hand and only use your stealth number to contact them!
Old 07-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
Hey Dude,

When they say a TAX ID are they asking for VAT? As for as UK is concerned we self employed folks only do a self assessment each year though HMRC. Amazon and any other company for that matter are not obliged to ask for any information regarding these taxes. The only other thing which I need you to clarify with me is are they asking about VAT? VAT is something that you do have to legally provide and set up on your trading accounts if your selling over the threshold per year which I think is on or around 70k but has recently changed. You can become voluntary VAT registered but there's no point ill you are reaching this threshold.

I'm not sure if Amazon are mistaking you for a US account when you are UK only, you might have to speak to customer services guys about it but be prepared to use your stealth info and have it hand and only use your stealth number to contact them!
Thanks for your input guys, no this is not a VAT matter, it is to do with TAX ID. I know for VAT you need to have near 70k to become VAT registered. The only thing I can think of is they are thinking I am a U.S. trader, why? I do not know. I can call them but I want that to be my last option as it is stealth, I just wanted to do some digging around and see if anyone from the UK is facing this.

Once again thanks to all those trying to help me
Old 07-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Its strange as I've never come across this before myself... they must have you as down as a US account for some reason, might want to go though your buyer and seller account details with a fine tooth comb, just check there isn't a setting or entry anywhere that points you to be US when it should be UK. That's the only thing I can think of apart from a blatant blunder by the AZ folk
Old 07-17-2013

Quote:
Do I not need to have a U.S. resident address? I a thinking this just a glitch but am too scared to call the seller support
No, you don't. Foreigners can start businesses in the USA. Checkout incorporate dot com
Old 07-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
Its strange as I've never come across this before myself... they must have you as down as a US account for some reason, might want to go though your buyer and seller account details with a fine tooth comb, just check there isn't a setting or entry anywhere that points you to be US when it should be UK. That's the only thing I can think of apart from a blatant blunder by the AZ folk
Thanks, Is there anything I need to look at in particular that says if I have opted in for a U.S. Account?

I can't for the life of me see why they could have me down as a U.S. Seller.

I have 30 days to complete this form so I will wait and see if anyone else has any other ideas?
Old 07-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
No, you don't. Foreigners can start businesses in the USA. Checkout incorporate dot com
I hear you George but if I am not residing in the U.S. nor trading there why should I do this, it will just open a whole new can of worms :(
Old 07-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks, Is there anything I need to look at in particular that says if I have opted in for a U.S. Account?

I can't for the life of me see why they could have me down as a U.S. Seller.

I have 30 days to complete this form so I will wait and see if anyone else has any other ideas?
I would just check EVERYTHING under both your buyer account and seller systematically under each menu, particularly pay attention to everything under the settings and profile under seller account.
Old 07-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Did that, nothing what so ever, I don't have a buyer account either, now from users experience should I call them? or send them an email?
Old 07-17-2013

Longevity: 76%

are you using a VPN / vps with a US IP address?
Old 07-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio1one View Post
are you using a VPN / vps with a US IP address?
nop nothing as such, I am based in the UK and only trade within the UK. I have no idea why this has come up, the only thing I can think of is that it has been a mistake from amazon, but what are the chances of that happening?
Old 07-17-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I guess you will need to deal with it and I know calling will drawl attention to ur account but its either call and attempt to clear the problem and hopefully come out ok or ignore the situation and face definite account suspension

Very strange situation hopefully u call and it's a simple error on their part
Old 07-18-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I guess you will need to deal with it and I know calling will drawl attention to ur account but its either call and attempt to clear the problem and hopefully come out ok or ignore the situation and face definite account suspension

Very strange situation hopefully u call and it's a simple error on their part
You don't think sending an email would be better?