The New "Beta" FBA (question for FBA users) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-17-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default The New "Beta" FBA (question for FBA users)

On older accounts you could temporarily switch to the beta FBA system. Now with newer accounts you're forced into it. Just spent some time on the phone with FBA, there's no way to roll it back on the new accounts.. and it is inevitably going to happen on the old accounts soon.

Has anybody also had trouble with creating shipments in this new FBA dashboard? Have you found it harder to do the warehouse shipping shenanigans? It seems like there's a LOT less flexibility with the new system in regards to changing quantities in working shipments and deleting items prior to shipment creation. At the end of the day, this really slows things down for us and I'm thinking could also result in some crackin' down by FBA. I do know they have a 3 strikes and you're out rule.

Oh and as a side note, 50 lbs box is the new maximum.. and I hate multiple warehouse splitting now more than ever.

I know most people on here don't use FBA, but hopefully there's a few who do that can enlighten me a little :D Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-17-2013

Longevity: 69%

What happens after the 3rd strike? anyone ever got there?
Old 07-18-2013
Threadstarter  

they don't let you use FBA anymore. You can continue selling normally though.
Old 07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
Find that hard to believe. I cant see them killing fba just like that. Maybe being force to agree to pay some fees or something.

I have gotten two of those emails, and since started paying them to ship everything to one warehouse. This might even be cheaper. At worst its alot easier. Before I was shipping a bunch of skus all over the place and now im shipping everything together depending on if its stickered or non. Might want to try it.

To answer your orignal question, yes I found messing around with the shipments alot harder so I stopped using the beta. My account is from Oct of last year and has not been forced to the new version.
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Your account doesnt get axed? Wow.
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
they don't let you use FBA anymore.

selling normally though.
Strange of amazon

Yet fairly typical

Old 07-18-2013

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%

Did this in the old system last year. Let me know if the new Beta does not allow.

If sending 2 cases, would input 6-9 cases. Then find the shipment location I like, and delete the others.

Is this now classed as 1 strike??
Old 07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
Did this in the old system last year. Let me know if the new Beta does not allow.

If sending 2 cases, would input 6-9 cases. Then find the shipment location I like, and delete the others.

No...You may get away with it for some time till you get a warning from the FBA team. Then thats a strike....the email says something about if it happens again blah blah blah blah you may incur extra fees or you can be blocked from FBA.

I really wanna know if anyone has been blocked via FBA this way? Seems more logical for them to enforce their fees then block someone.
Old 07-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post

Yes, this is what I was doing for a long time.. the beta seems to make this not a viable option.. I cannot see the "red X" check the box for the removals. Also I feel like deleting shipments after they're created would raise flags too easily. Maybe someone can tell me if I'm missing something?

Anyway, this method is a lot nicer than user3657's, as having your settings set to allow shipping it to one location costs an extra $.30 ridiculous cents per item. I have shipped 1000 items in a box before.. I can't imagine having to pay an extra $300 for that box. jeezus..

Remember the old days where you just sent it to your closest warehouse and that was the end of it? Then Amazon realized, 'hey guys, we could save a dollar by making our sellers pay thousands extra!' And now the new 50 lbs box limit... And don't get me going on the crazy handling and storage fees. It's becoming just BARELY worth it to even bother with FBA at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
No...You may get away with it for some time till you get a warning from the FBA team. Then thats a strike....the email says something about if it happens again blah blah blah blah you may incur extra fees or you can be blocked from FBA.

I really wanna know if anyone has been blocked via FBA this way? Seems more logical for them to enforce their fees then block someone.
Got away with it for so long that they never contacted me at all. So I'm wondering, did they contact you for doing this exact thing, or are you just assuming how their system works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Your account doesnt get axed? Wow.
Nah, FBA and Seller Performance are basically 2 different entities. Either doesn't have the ability to alter things in the other's system.. only make notations for the other to see or contact them about something specific (rare). It really sucks sometimes because the FBA guys are actually really nice and helpful (and actually in the US).

Last edited by n8zzz; 07-18-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2013

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: The New "Beta" FBA (question for FBA users)

Just read this thread again, and was wondering if anyone can update some of these weird FBA new rules????

(other than the usual "lets jam up the sellers!!")
Old 10-29-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:

Oh and as a side note, 50 lbs box is the new maximum.. and I hate multiple warehouse splitting now more than ever.
There is not a limit on weight, you just have to make sure you label it correctly. There is certain verbiage they want you to write on the box, but you are still allowed to do it.

When you speak of 3 strikes you are out, what are you referring to? I ask this because I have had over 3 times where I had to resolve an issue with my shipments and I am still selling FBA.
Old 10-29-2013

This is what it says: For safety reasons, boxes containing more than one unit must not exceed 50 lb. A box containing one unit weighing over 50 lb. must be marked “Team Lift” on the top and sides.
Old 10-29-2013

and this:

Box weight

Boxes must not exceed the standard weight limit of 50 lb., unless they contain one single oversized Unit that exceeds 50 lb.
For a single oversized Unit that exceeds 50 lb., attach a label that clearly indicates "Team Lift" on the top and sides of the box
For a single oversized Unit that exceeds 100 lb., attach a label that clearly indicates "Mech Lift" on the top and sides of the box

Hope that helps. Not sure on the other stuff you said though, sorry :(
Old 10-29-2013

Longevity: 70%

Love FBA

The new beta was hard to figure out but seems OK to me.

About adjusting the count, I made a lot of mistakes on my first FBA account and they even called me and they had an employee walk me through everything I was doing wrong. He told me you can be off on the count up to 5 percent until it counts against you. Also, the three strikes and your out rule is not what you think. If you make a lot of mistakes a rep will call you and walk you through the problems, if the problems continue they put you on a temporary suspension and continue to help. If after this you continue to make mistakes then they will suspend your FBA. You have to pretty dumb and not be able to follow directions at that point.

By the way, you don't like the shipments being split up, I learned a secret from the Amazon rep, he said that the first time you check mark case packed items you can not vary form that number on future case pack shipments. In other words you can just say "case packed" (even if they are not cases from the manufacturer) and ship it to one place and as long as it is the same amount of items you will not get hit on it.

When I first started FBA I was dumb and always selected "Case packed"
I got away with it for 6 months before getting a call from Amazon. So every once in a while when I don't feel like splitting up the shipments I just say cased packed.

Last edited by Kelly441; 10-29-2013 at 05:53 PM.