Selling Limit was Increased - Selling privileges restricted. Controversial? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-18-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Selling Limit was Increased - Selling privileges restricted. Controversial?

Before I found out about eBay Stealth, I've been selling so-called "foofoos", among other legitimate things, on eBay with great success for about 9 month (Bronze Power Seller/Top-Rated/+300fb)... until I hit a monthly item-selling limit. This had happened before, and I would get a message prompting me to call eBay to increase my monthly selling limit.

This is the first time that I called instead of waiting out the month and it was a trap! They took the opportunity to review my account and limit all new listing activity until I provide proof of the origin of the products I am selling and my personal information (including a copy of my driver's license!). They noticed that I possibly had another linked seller account (but it is not reflected in my All Selling section in MyEbay), but said that they weren't too concerned about it, but were mostly interested in the origin of my items - foofoos (as I had had listings previously removed because of manufacturer request- something that since hadn't been an issue for 3 months and after the removal when I continued to sell these items).

Additionally, I got a message today saying that my selling limit was increased X5 times.

Obviously, I have hit a wall--- any ideas as to how to get out of this? Will this hold end with time or should I abandon my account? Also, do you think it's safe to show them my ID and other documents they request? Or to buy some goods from original store and photoshop the date on the receipt (not sure if this is a good idea)?

Below are the messages I have received from eBay:

Email:
"This message is to notify you that your listing activity has been placed on a temporary hold. As part of our efforts to keep eBay a safe and enjoyable place to buy and sell, we may sometimes ask members to verify the information registered with us or provide us with more information about the items being sold. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account’s activity, but rather a preventative measure.
In order for us to review your account, I need to ask you to submit all of the following information by fax (fax number below):

- A readable copy of your driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.

- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible, and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.

- Receipts or invoices for the items recently listed for sale on eBay. (Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept photos of the items to fulfill this requirement.)

-- Important --

- Make sure that your name and User ID appears on each document that you submit. If this information is not included, it cannot be processed.

- Be sure your submitted documents are current, valid, and legible.

Fax all documents to: tatata...address

After you submit the above information, please allow 3 business days to have this information reviewed but once that process has been completed we’ll contact you by email regarding the status of your account.

We appreciate your cooperation in providing us with this information. We look forward to partnering with you in order to establish a strong selling history and successful business on eBay".

Ebay message received when trying to relist items:
"Alert:Your selling privileges have been restricted because our records show that your account is connected to an account that's already restricted or limited".

Most recent email, informing me of raised selling limits:
"Congratulations! You've been doing a great job selling on eBay, and we've noticed. How would you like to list even more? Now you can.
Here's how much you can now list every month:
User ID: XXXX
Items: 500 - 2500
Amount: $15,000.00 - $75,000.00"

Do you think it's possible to keep this account alive?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It is POSSIBLE, but you have two things working against you. First, they have linked this to another account. Second, you will need to provide some sort of invoices that eBay will accept to prove your items are legitimate - and that will most likely be a problem, because eBay knows who the legitimate wholesalers are.

The thing about foo-foo's is that it is NOT a good way to build a solid business. If that is what you want to sell, you will burn through a lot of accounts.

Lastly, if I was selling that type of stuff, there is NO WAY I would provide them with my driver's license if the account was in my real name.

Seriously, I would try to find something else to sell. You can sell almost ANYTHING on eBay. Find a niche and it can be a goldmine! You don't have to resort to the foo-foo's to make money on eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
galigusso (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Unhappy

You're absolutely right! Because I already have a business model for selling ONLY legitimate goods! Ordered products from original manufacturers with all certificates... And here we are...BAN! Those knockoffs were only a trial... (it was a recommendation for additional selling). And this makes me feel sad even more.. because this spoiled my account! And I don't know how to go back in this situation...

The question is if I not provide any documents and just wait for a couple of months or a year, can I return and sell normal as before using this account?
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by galigusso View Post
The question is if I not provide any documents and just wait for a couple of months or a year, can I return and sell normal as before using this account?
\

No. Or at least very doubtful. Start over. Stealth is your friend!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
galigusso (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Basically unless you know John Donahue your account it done. It basically takes the equivalent of a Presidential or Governors pardon to escape these type of thing.
Old 07-19-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

When you called it gave them the opportunity to review your account and ask questions.

I believe this account is going to be toast myself so it is time to get some stealth accounts and multiples of them running and building.

This is why I never call for an increase.

Recently they have been given decent increases at 60 to 90 days on accounts anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
When you called it gave them the opportunity to review your account and ask questions.

I believe this account is going to be toast myself so it is time to get some stealth accounts and multiples of them running and building.

This is why I never call for an increase.

Recently they have been given decent increases at 60 to 90 days on accounts anyway.
Thank you! It feels like I really need to go stealth now, but only with a legitimate goods.
Old 07-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
\

No. Or at least very doubtful. Start over. Stealth is your friend!
Thanks! This looks like the best decision.
Old 07-19-2013

Longevity: 71%

if you manage to provide good documents, it can be fixed. i would say 50/50
Old 07-19-2013

Longevity: 73%

rule #1: don't sell foo foo.
Old 07-20-2013

Talking

You should see the messages that say continue improving to avoid selling limitations that come months after being banned.