Advice appreciated regarding a selling limit placed on my Ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 03-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Advice appreciated regarding a selling limit placed on my Ebay account

Hi Ebay experts,

A few days ago, I received the following message when I visited my seller dashboard: You can sell up to 65 items or up to $455.00 per month, whichever comes first.

Then I checked my email and received this message:

Your account is below our minimum seller performance standards. You're still able to list and sell items. However, the number of items you are able to list and the amount you are able to sell has been decreased.

The major problem with the account that prompted this action is related to low ratings in the "shipping time" category and a few cases that were opened because of excessive shipping time. This is because in the past few months I've been traveling for my job, and consequently, I was unable to get items shipped out as quickly as I would have liked. I am currently not traveling as much, and can ship my items out more quickly, but Ebay customer service informed me that I have to "improve my selling practices" and wait for them to reevaluate my selling practices in order to have the sanctions lifted. While I understand the reason for the sanctions and have made necessary adjustments to my selling practices, it will take too long for me to wait for their reevaluation. They indicated that it could take at least several months. However, I depend on the income I receive from Ebay, and am at a loss for what to do to get back up and running.

I am considering opening up a brand new ebay account to start selling again as suggested on this forum. Is the following correct, and is there anything I am missing?

I know about the importance of not using the same IP address and the same browser with all the cookies, cache, etc. But I use a router, and I'm not sure how to ensure that every time I log on using the new account, that I will be using a new ip address: Is it easier to use a program like Proxilator (or some other program), and if so, which one is the easiest to use? If not, how else can I make sure to have a new ip address every time if I connect to the internet using a router.

I also see how it is critical to open up a brand new ebay account with different identifying information including name, mailing address, phone number, email address as well as opening up a new Paypal account with the same new identifying information. I understand it is important to start the paypal account with the prepaid credit card.

Thank you in advance for any help or recommendations regarding the easiest way to get back up and running on Ebay. It will go a long way for me.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by emceeaye View Post
I know about the importance of not using the same IP address and the same browser with all the cookies, cache, etc. But I use a router, and I'm not sure how to ensure that every time I log on using the new account, that I will be using a new ip address:
Is it easier to use a program like Proxilator (or some other program), and if so, which one is the easiest to use?
Stop! any of these "Magical" programs will end up getting you banned so please don't bother with any software that hides, mask, or does anything of that sort.

Quote:
If not, how else can I make sure to have a new ip address every time if I connect to the internet using a router.
There are MANY post on changing IP.
Here is a useful link:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...-your-nic.html

Another route is a USB Modem or as we call it here..a Dongle.
Here are some examples, because I know well have to answer this question later...

Also recomended is logging the IP change.

Also you can check your IP at IP Burger - Track Your IP Address!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Quote:

I know about the importance of not using the same IP address and the same browser with all the cookies, cache, etc. But I use a router, and I'm not sure how to ensure that every time I log on using the new account, that I will be using a new ip address: Is it easier to use a program like Proxilator (or some other program), and if so, which one is the easiest to use? If not, how else can I make sure to have a new ip address every time if I connect to the internet using a router.
There are many ways of getting a different IP address. Just search the forums.

As far as working with a router, you have to find out first if you have a dynamic or Static IP. If dynamic then on to step to.

Change your router settings as stated in the stealth guide.

Unplug the router, modem, etc.

Put it all back together and then when it is back up.

Check through IP burger for the IP address.

Also it is imperative that you track your IP's because you do not want it to come up with an old account IP that may have you linked.
Old 07-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

In anticipation of full limitations or suspensions coming in place, imperative that you make a few backup accounts and see what the problem is with your operations - ensure high quality and build slowly.

MM78 post about the IP is very useful
Old 07-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Thank you in advance for any help or recommendations regarding the easiest way to get back up and running on Ebay. It will go a long way for me.

One of the first issues is to see what caused the notice from ebay in the first place.

Make sure you avoid repeating them in the future.

Do not consider making multiple accounts unless you are confident in your own ability to work them.

At the start I would recommend going slowly. That way you can learn the different methods.

Most of us have been in your place. we have been lucky enough to move onwards.

Good Luck

Old 07-25-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

First thing is for you to address the issue of your slow shipping or whatever you are doing wrong on the original account.

If you do not fixed that first you are wasting your time.