A few noob Q's - suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-24-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default A few noob Q's - suspension

Hey guys, been reading the site for a fair while and couldn't be more please with the info on here!

I've recently been suspended and after many emails to Ebay and messing about they decided to keep me suspended for 6 months.

My question to you knowledgable lot is as follows:

I was thinking of asking my partner to open an account using all of her details and then me just using it as mine.
I know i can get away with this as she would be a new user to Ebay. Everything would be in her name - Paypal, Ebay account and even a new Hotmail address.
I'd sell things first to get some money into my Paypal account so she'll never be out of pocket if i was to buy things (although i know i'd have to have the items deliverd to her address) and would debit my selling fees to the new paypal account.

Would i have to change my ip address and delete the cookies from my laptop so i don't get linked to my previous account?

For me to get the money into my hands would it be ok to just send the money to my PayPal account?
I know i'll get charged for sending money to different account's but im just thinking if Ebay would notice anything?
Or just a case of asking her to withdrawl the money from her account in cash to me.

Thanks for the big read!

Mark

Last edited by itruk; 06-24-2008 at 12:03 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2008

u need new everything, new ebay, new paypal, new ip, new address, new tel number, new bank, new cc GET THE Stealth Book
Old 06-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Yeah i realise i need everything, but wouldn't using all my girlfriend's details be new everything?
Use everything in her name but when it comes to me getting the money i've made - just sending the money via paypal transfer to my account or get her to take it out of her account in cash.
Bought the Stealth Book - seems a fair bit harder as im a UK user.
Old 06-24-2008

itruk, im a uk user

It will be fine to use your girlfriends details providing she lives at a different address and no1 in her family has had any problems on ebay e.g suspensions. Also you will need to create a paypal account in HER name and link a new bank account to it. The bank account can be yours but make sure it's her name on paypal. Also make sure the tel number is hers and matches both on ebay and paypal, make sure cookies are cleared and ip's changed and your set, start slow, dont sell for 30 days and build up a feedback of 10 before selling, start slow dont be greedy Hope that helps mate
Old 06-24-2008

Also make sure the bank account you use has not been involved with ebay or paypal before ok!
Old 06-24-2008

also to be 100% certain when creating and logging these accounts, clear your flash objects as i hear paypal/ebay may start using these soon
Old 06-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for you're help mate - releaved to know you're a UK user too!

For me to recieve a 10+ feedback i'd have to buy that many items and have them posted to my girlfriends address right? It'l seem a bit suss asking the seller to post them to another address i suppose.

Her family has never joined Ebay so they're clean on that part, the only problem im having is changing my external IP address.

I have a dg834g Netgear router but cannot see how to change my external IP address which is noted by Ebay... ?
Old 06-24-2008

ummm well im not sure with that router. Try this.

go to What's My Ip -- note the ip.

Then switch off your modem by the power for lets say 30 seconds, then switch it back on at power. Let it sync up then go to that website and check to see if your ip has changed. If it has, that means your ip is not static and your sorted

For the address problem, NO, ebay sellers are fine if you buy an item just say "do you mind posting the item to your work address" (Your address) their kool with it I do it all the time

Last edited by greg2414; 06-24-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-24-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Greg2414's got this one. Good advice greg2414.