Paypal issues: need help to resolve - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-28-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paypal issues: need help to resolve

Ok I understand that Paypal Holds has something to do with your Seller dashboard, correct? Especially when they pop up all of a sudden after you have been selling for some years.

Well my question is a simple one. Now Amazon straight and dry holds your funds for 30-45 days. After which they always send you a nice notice telling you blah blah blah its over and funds are now available!

No not Ebay & Paypal. It has been 60 days + seller dash board has been EXCELLENT and all is well. So I call paypal numerous times and they tell me over and over its not them but Ebay that has summons them to do this 21day until delivered or feedback HOLD.

So after weeks of this non-sense i finally call Ebay and told them exactly waht Paypal told me. he said you are correct everything looks wonderful so there is no reason for that hold that he can see. So I politely said paypal keep blaming you. He did not knewo why they were doing this so he said let me Three-Way them and get to the bottom of this.

Of course Paypal got amnesia and started said welllllllll you have several things we have to check and this is tracking and all. Paypal did not know that Ebay was on the phone so when he did this Ebay intervened and say none of that matters you said we were the reason that there funds were being held and we "Ebay" are calling you to tell you this is not right and we have checked the account and all is well so the HOLD can be lifted.

Ok then Paypal representative got on the account and requested that a Paypal Supervisor need to chime in.

BULL CRAP.....incidentally I"M still on Hold right now, Paypal likes having these holds and even when your seller dashboard is back to great standards they still hold funds and you have to fight fight fight them on this. Ok now he is bringing up OLD OLD stuff guys that happened years ago. This is the supervisor now I am talking with. Can you guys believe this.

Ok I'm signing off now but just wanted to let you guys know this. Paypal is FULL OF IT!!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Sorry about the TYPOS in my last post but I'm still on the phone going back and forth and I am typing with one hand. Will let you all know the outcome in a minute or an hour!!
Old 07-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

PayPal can put 21 day holds on any account when ever they want. Have to build a business model baring this in mind. Pain I know, but all part of the game if you want to use them.
Old 07-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

We all know that PayPal can be a pain. You are not the first to experience this. There are two important lessons here.

First, employees from PayPal or eBay can give you different answers to the same question, often making little sense. So, you may have to make many calls to resolve these issues. And calling them CAN be dangerous. I only call when it is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Second, you mentioned that the PayPal rep started bringing up issues from years ago. This should serve to illustrate that they have a LONG memory and NO information is EVER deleted from their system, even if you can no longer see it. And, that information can be used against you at any time.
Old 07-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Good luck kev59 - Unless I am doing a manual refund via pp on a limited account or having to do mc999 call in with eB (recently), I have no interest in calling these guys.

jeffweico is right - most of the time, they seem to have no idea what is going on and calling in is dangerous to a smooth operation. Bringing up issues from years ago...yikes, looking at the account in too much detail

Last edited by rsot; 07-28-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Good luck kev59 - Unless I am doing a manual refund via pp on a limited account or having to do mc999 call in with eB (recently), I have no heard for calling these guys.
Que? What is this?

Old 07-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev59 View Post

No not Ebay & Paypal. It has been 60 days + seller dash board has been EXCELLENT and all is well. So I call paypal numerous times and they tell me over and over its not them but Ebay that has summons them to do this 21day until delivered or feedback HOLD.

BULL CRAP.....incidentally I"M still on Hold right now, Paypal likes having these holds and even when your seller dashboard is back to great standards they still hold funds and you have to fight fight fight them on this. Ok now he is bringing up OLD OLD stuff guys that happened years ago. This is the supervisor now I am talking with. Can you guys believe this.
Most of what you are saying is a story we have heard from others. Horrible business for you.

Has anything happened on your ebay & paypal accounts in the past months that may have caused this change of game plan? Look over your transactions to see.

Something that seemed innocent to you, and even something you sorted, may have caused this.

I agree from my own experience that paypal will tell you about matters from years back with the account. The very worst one I ever had was being told of changing an email address. Too scary.

Be patient with them, however. Right now the future of your selling is with them.
Good Luck
Old 08-01-2013

Longevity: 62%
Talking

As long as you ship everything with tracking numbers 21 day hold goes out the window as funds are released 3 days after delivery or positive feed back left by the buyer. Though lately in the last couple of days I've had some funds imeditely available and others not weird all on the same day. My holds usually have about 10 days estimated on them but get shorter due to me sending priority.