Amazon order customer has not picked-up packaged at USPS. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-30-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Amazon order customer has not picked-up packaged at USPS.

Hi All!

So, I've never in my long years of selling online and shipping with USPS, do I had so much problems with customers as I have now with one customer via Amazon.

Two weeks ago the package arrived at the USPS facility in Miami, but for some strange reason, a notice was left as a normal USPS routine, I sent her several messages that her package was at the USPS location.

All of this and the customer has yet to go and pick up the item, it's an expensive item, ($360 worth), So after several Amazon emails and no response, I figure she has to be an elder or just really busy person, and because Amazon has not provided a phone number to reach her, we cannot get in contact. So, via the business gateway we file a USPS intercept form to recall the package and avoid having to limbo their sorting facilities in Miami. A week later today, looks like USPS has not intercepted the damn package which is probably sitting next to them. In total it's been 17 days, Amazon customer looks like doesn't want her item, in 5 days I will have to refund, USPS looks like it's having troubles intercepting my package. In conclusion, I believe that maybe I should wait to give her a refund (company policy exemption), until she files an A-z, any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yea that is strange for an item over $300 and the buyer hasn't contacted you at all, are you also saying USPS can't find the package to ship back to u??
Old 07-30-2013

Longevity: 80%

Ask amazon CS for her phone number due to to circumstances and to avoid future troubles due to the value of the item.

They should provide it just CLEARLY state your reason and show proof that without it you are sure to have problems with the buyer.

Or ask them if they can contact buyer and let buyer know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
Swiftronics (08-01-2013), TonyAlmeida (07-30-2013)
Old 07-30-2013
Threadstarter  

I called then in Miami, USPS opened a case to have this particular branch in Miami call me with information, it's been 7 days since it was filed. Amazon customer does not reply, although, several days back she made an inquiry on Amazon about warranty details, but never heard from her again. Never had a package arrive and sit there for 10 days, after USPS attempted 2 deliveries to her address, left door notices, sent several messages. I'm starting to believe she's on vacation and thus forgot she had a delivery, yet although signature confirmation is required, I also believe she changed her damn mind and does not want the product anymore. If so, why not just message me about it?
Old 07-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Already called Amazon, which I'm very new with, but they said they would call the customer for me. Called again today Amazon cannot reach the customer, Amazon rep cannot be very helpful as though providing me a number would make it worst. Isn't there suppose to be a customer contact number bellow each sale information?
Old 07-30-2013

Longevity: 80%

have you tried emailing amazon via the help department on your sellers account?

Do what i explained in the first response, if nothing USPS will be sure to return the package back to you as its been long enough without a pickup by the buyer or successful delivery
Old 07-30-2013

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftronics View Post
I called then in Miami, USPS opened a case to have this particular branch in Miami call me with information, it's been 7 days since it was filed. Amazon customer does not reply, although, several days back she made an inquiry on Amazon about warranty details, but never heard from her again. Never had a package arrive and sit there for 10 days, after USPS attempted 2 deliveries to her address, left door notices, sent several messages. I'm starting to believe she's on vacation and thus forgot she had a delivery, yet although signature confirmation is required, I also believe she changed her damn mind and does not want the product anymore. If so, why not just message me about it?

USPS is useless. I have called/filed claims and never got a response so have fun doing that. Dont stress over this one package.

Since you called Amazon, and they called the customer there are tickets/notes under your account.

USPS will eventually send it back. Once you get it back just issue the refund. If she files a claim, you should be protected as everything is noted under your account.

You have made good faith in trying to contact the buyers. That goes along way with honest buyers. Only about 95% of buyers are scammers/assholes
Old 08-01-2013

Longevity: 65%

That's why I love to sell a bunch of cheap stuff rather than a few expensive ^o^
Old 08-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
USPS will eventually send it back. Once you get it back just issue the refund. If she files a claim, you should be protected as everything is noted under your account.

You have made good faith in trying to contact the buyers. That goes along way with honest buyers. Only about 95% of buyers are scammers/assholes
True on USPS - 95% of buyers are scammers/assholes is your opinion?!?
Old 08-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Thought I should update all the users and thank you for your advise,

Order for the customer has not been picked-up at the USPS location in Miami no further inquiries into this by our company to USPS because we feel it will evidently come back to our facilities. Moreover, the buyer seems to be a ghost hunting Amazon into my conclusion.

@user3657 - I think you mean Amazon, I never had anything stolen, just one package in past lost but it wasn't nearly as important we just re-shipped another order to the customer and we forgot about the issue.

To the new issue at hand, I believe on this post we should should discuss the fraud going on Amazon, today morning I went to my office just to see I had an inquiry with a customer who received an item on July, 15th and has contacted Amazon stating the opposite. The order has signature delivery, and I even contacted her the day after to find out if she had received everything and to possibly provide some fb in return. Furthermore, I called this lady today after receiving a "Where is my stuff ?", email from Amazon, to asked about why she called Amazon when she had sign and admitted her order was fine, (phone was recorded via our PBX line), Note; politely. She just stutter over phone and she had no words to say, just that she received "a form from Amazon", stating to "provide whether her order had arrived on time and describe the condition - form". Anybody ever heard about this online-form being distributed by Amazon? So in my response, I told her that her items was delivered and signed by the recipient (her), and that it was sent on-time, because originally this order had standard delivery and we shipped it "Priority Delivery" as a courtesy. In addition, I told her's items arrived on the 15th of July, and 3 days earlier than normal expectancy.

She rushed to hangup the phone, obviously mad, but I kept it polite as usual, she is nuts if she files an A-Z with Amazon, I will take this personally and file a police report in her state, mail fraud report with USPS and even a date in municipal court just for the hell-of-it, because it's time to cut off the scammers, and fight back in my opinion.