Looks like a new way for buyers to win PayPal claims.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Looks like a new way for buyers to win PayPal claims..

I can't believe PayPal granted this claim to one of my buyers. He orders a fashion item from me with Express shipping, so he gets it in 4 days. 2 days later, he opens a PayPal dispute saying "never got it" and escalates it to a claim right away. Of course, here I am thinking I will easily win this, because the shipping company has an online proof of signature and also writes his last name on the tracking page, along with the city and zip code. He's in Canada, so the zip code matches his house exactly.

When I provided the tracking number to PayPal, I mentioned all of this and the buyer decided to escalate it to a PayPal rep shortly after. He also answered that he never got it (again) and that someone else signed for it in his name.

Now about 40 minutes ago, I got an email from PayPal saying they decided in favor of the buyer. Great. Looks like seller protection, even with a tracking number that confirms his address, his signature visible online and even his name printed as the receiver by the shipping company is apparently enough for PayPal to believe the buyer that he never got it.

PayPal seller protection is officially dead now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-22-2008

I hate Canadian shopper 20% of them are scammers, and PayPal seller protection is really PayPal seller NO-protection,
this is happened to me 3 times (non receipt of item, chargeback, item arrived broken ...)
I always lose the claim,
this is why I don't sell expensive items I only sell items with average price 10 to 20 Dollars (most of items cost me only 2 to 5 dollars) and for Canadian customer I charge $2 insurance and $10 for shipping witch is cost me only $3 .
Old 06-22-2008

Longevity: 95%

Imjustme--I would call paypal--afterall- sometimes u just gotta explain things to them in English.. )

(I had a buyer last month buy 18 items, she pays for all together--order was like $1800, she didnt like 1 item, so instead of working through me, she open pp dispute--
they take entire 1800--i then make it a claim--so i can get my money back faster..
She returns the 1 item, they refund her the entire 1800--I wrote and wrote-then then say its up to me to get the other 1600 off her..)

FINALLY: I took the time to call them--they did a paypal adjustment--i dont know if they gave it to me or what--but my emails went ignored..
Sounds like u have a clear cut case--ALSO--you can report buyer fraud now--While in the Resolution ctr--on the right hand side--Report BUYER FRAUD---
Old 06-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

You just gotta love how ebay and paypal brag up their so called Seller protection.

I saw a you tube video of a guy who won against a paypal claim. They had staunchly refused him until he called his local TV station consumer reporter, it seems that as soon the media got involved they reversed their decision and made the guy whole.

A possible tactic?
Old 06-22-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
he opens a PayPal dispute saying "never got it"

He also answered that someone else signed for it in his name.

PayPal decided in favor of the buyer.

He openly admitted there is criminal activity occurring at his residence yet instead of reporting this heinous act to the police he wants a seller to pay for his decision to live in a high crime area?

Sometimes I think there has to be private forums where these PP scammers fester for 15 hours a day trading info on the best ways to scam sellers on ebay and make a living from it.

PP declined a buyers complaint for an $3600 item I sold him. Said buyer then did a chargeback through his bank. Bank made PP bend over and give the $3600 back to my buyer. PP told me sorry there is nothing we can do when a bank does a chargeback.

I then asked PP WTF is going on?? My buyer still has my product, and now he has his money too. PP told me I should email him and politely request he return my item. Yea right.

I called the local police detectives in his city and they said since the sale occured in the state I live in there was nothing to do. I called the local detectives and they told me since the buyer was in another state there is nothing they could do and to call the local police department where the buyer lived.

Yea, ok, uh huh.

Old 06-23-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Paypal & eBay don't like when the Media gets involved or BBB. I've found emails to Paypal are a complete waste of time. I call them all of the time now and 90% of the time I'm happy with the outcome. Call Paypal if you want something done, they have the power to help you out. They saved me more then a few times.
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 93%

i met the same thing, online tracking number and it shows the buyer received it, it is totally b**sh*t

"After a review of the relevant account records, we have determined that the buyer should receive a full refund. If you would like to have the item returned to you, please work directly with the buyer"
Old 06-23-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Luckily the item isn't high value, around $100 ...I already wrote to PayPal but I doubt I'll even get a response. If I do more it'll probably just get my account limited for "suspicious behavior".
Old 06-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

cc them on a BBB complaint, then CC them on a complaint to the california AG and a complaint to the FTC. And then get a friend (could be a blogger or any media) to call them asking them to justify their actions in your case.
Old 06-25-2008

I had a buyer file a dispute and paypal automatically got the funds out of my account. THEN, the dude files a credit card charge back and I disputed it saying the funds were already transferred to him. Paypal took 1 week to figure this out and said ohhhhhhh yeah your right.

I mean, ok so I get my money taken out of my account, then I have to pay for the chargeback??? So he got his money back and also looking to make profit too. Good thing it was just a $3.00 ebook. I saw his feedback and he did the same thing to a seller who sold him an iPhone. I would crap a brick if it was $3000 like some of you.

oh and paypal informed me that they could not stop the charge back but they would not pass the cost to me. I imagine since its only 3 bucks but if it were big money, they'd probably pass on the charge back to me.
Old 06-25-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411guru View Post
Paypal informed me that they could not stop the charge back but they would not pass the cost to me.
Gee, that was so swell of them. I'm all choked up.

My big problem is I have a conscience. If I could someday overcome that severe handicap I would start up a members only website for $19.99 a month that teaches you how to get anything for free on Ebay. Lemme see, I only need 2000 subs and that will make me $40K a month. I think I could survive on 40K a month in the south of Spain.