MC999 experience & associated questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default MC999 experience & associated questions

I received the following email on my very first stealth I opened 2 weeks ago.

I have new user name on pc. New address, name, phone, email. New bank, new prepaid vanillia credit card. Paypal account was in the process of getting verified.

I had new ip address through tethering.

I checked around site for a couple weeks, "learned about selling" and listed an item yesterday. 1 hour later I get this email.

Dear xxxxxxx

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:

LINK

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a member of our community.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

H45388

I can't imagine that it was linked. The item I listed is a wrinkle cream, there are over 200 listed on ebay of the same item.

What are they going to ask me when I call? What should I be prepared for?

AND ALSO......how do I call? My cell number is burned. Can I do *67 or whatever to block caller id? I have a google voice number on that account.

Is this the end for this account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Did you list a high risk item?

A lot of accounts get this message so it's nothing new, the account is very new and most likely the item you posted for sale triggered this email.

One method to contact them that I used is there is a way to get them to call you back at your Google Voice Number which will forward the call to your Real Number.

Make sure to have all your information ready when you get in touch with ebay.
Old 08-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It's a face lotion...it would be hard to believe that a face lotion is high risk. I dunno.

Other then getting them to call me, is there a way I can call them?
Old 08-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Grab a tracfone, call eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (08-12-2013)
Old 08-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Is this on a new account?

You should call from the number on file

Be careful as not all numbers can be blocked

Old 08-07-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If u use google voice just call from that number, that's the number that will show up. If u have a smart phone there's a few free google voice apps where u can log into your account and call direct from your phone using google voice number
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
amysol (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

With some of the recent questions you have why on earth would you go ahead and list an item with not understanding even the basics of a stealth account?

Not meaning to be harsh but you should have waited to even use an account until you understood more about how to operate an account.

You have asked several questions in the last couple of days and our members have responded with lots of help but my feelings were you are not ready to start listing or using an account yet.

Did you list an item and was it new, risky, branded, expensive etc?
Did you use a good never used IP?
Did you use a new user account?
Did you have your bank and cc verified BEFORE you listed an item?

Small steps are best because it helps you save your account and not get this MC999 in many cases.

If you did not understand the basics of a vcc then why would you go ahead with an account?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-07-2013), AuctionsDenied (08-08-2013)
Old 08-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Geez. My questions are to make sure I understand....and my questions are many and detailed to make sure I understand every tiny little ounce of each topic. I'm not NEW to stealth, I had a 7 year old "stealth account" shut down 2 months ago, and have been here learning and reading for 2 months before I listed again....I wouldn't say that is too fast. And I wouldn't say that I don't know enough to list yet by any means.

I am sorry you feel I should not list. Again, My questions were clarifications, not "i'm totally new and I have no idea what I am doing".

I listed a new item from my home for $75. It's lotion. Not risky.
New Ip
New USer name
paypal account not verified before listing/in progress

I don't know what "vcc" stands for. I guess verified credit card. I didn't read anywhere that you can't sell a thing before your paypal account or credit card is verified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
With some of the recent questions you have why on earth would you go ahead and list an item with not understanding even the basics of a stealth account?

Not meaning to be harsh but you should have waited to even use an account until you understood more about how to operate an account.

You have asked several questions in the last couple of days and our members have responded with lots of help but my feelings were you are not ready to start listing or using an account yet.

Did you list an item and was it new, risky, branded, expensive etc?
Did you use a good never used IP?
Did you use a new user account?
Did you have your bank and cc verified BEFORE you listed an item?

Small steps are best because it helps you save your account and not get this MC999 in many cases.

If you did not understand the basics of a vcc then why would you go ahead with an account?
Old 08-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default MC999 Lifted - here are some details of how it went down...

Backround:

I had a 2 week old stealth account, new ip, new user name, all new contact info. I had a paypal account linked, BUT my pp account was NOT verified and it was in the process of being verified (waiting for deposits etc) when I listed.

I listed a brand new wrinkle cream, unopened, worth $120 for $75. This was the first item listed.

1 hour later listing was removed and I got this message MC999.

Dear xxxxxx

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:

LINK

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a member of our community.

Thanks,

eBay

After getting google voice app today, I called in. This is what they asked.

"We need to ask you questions about what you are selling because your account is new. You did not do anything wrong" I inserted a dumb question here. Then she continued....

Are these items personally yours? Do you have them there with you? (I answered they are mine, I had extra I wanted to get rid of)

They are in your possession? (I answered yes they are here at the house. I also have some other things we found in the garage that we want to sell)

How do you (not will you) ship? (I answered I guess I will use the post office, is that the best way?)

Is anyone helping you with your ebay account? (I answered helping me? No.)

I then asked 1-2 newbie silly dumb questions. She answered in a happy to educate the newbie kind of a way and then She told me to call back after a month to get my selling limit raised.

They put back my listing into my unsold folder and told me I could go and relist it now and that it would not count towards my 10 item limit.

That was that. I think if we share how these issues go like this we can all learn a little something.

Hope this helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amysol For This Useful Post:
grislybear (08-24-2013), unkown5454 (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013
Banned

Awesome for you!

You did well.

I did ask you in another of your threads if the pp was verified.

Pp has to be verified before listing.

** Nice job from a newbie here folks to call and get her account back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
amysol (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

There are a lot of different ways to do it, but the main point is to always sound helpless/innocent and the way you answered her was perfect. You sounded completely new to the concept of selling things online which makes them let their guard down so you can sell. Simple way to cross a big hurdle of the ste/alth list.
Old 08-07-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
Geez. My questions are to make sure I understand....and my questions are many and detailed to make sure I understand every tiny little ounce of each topic.

Nothing wrong with that other then repeated questions in different threads.

I'm not NEW to stealth, I had a 7 year old "stealth account" shut down 2 months ago, and have been here learning and reading for 2 months before I listed again....I wouldn't say that is too fast. And I wouldn't say that I don't know enough to list yet by any means.

I would. Some of your questions are very basic stealth and not knowing what a vcc is tells me so.

I am sorry you feel I should not list. Again, My questions were clarifications, not "i'm totally new and I have no idea what I am doing".

I did not say you should not list, I said you should not list unless you are clear on basics like you said. Your other thread just stated you got the MC999 on this same account so I was correct in my assumption.

I listed a new item from my home for $75. It's lotion. Not risky.

Yes it is. Most NEW BRANDED ITEMS are risky on a brand new account especially one that has not been pp verified.

New Ip
New USer name
paypal account not verified before listing/in progress

I don't know what "vcc" stands for. I guess verified credit card. I didn't read anywhere that you can't sell a thing before your paypal account or credit card is verified.
It has been posted a lot not to list an item on any ebay account until your paypal has been verified in some way.

Either way you listed, got the mc999 and then posted you were able to call and get it back.

I am telling you from experience that you need to make sure your pp is verified and be careful with listing brand new items on a brand new account. Not every time but most of the time a brand new brand name item will get caught by ebay and you will get the mc999 quickly which you did.
Old 08-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
It's a face lotion...it would be hard to believe that a face lotion is high risk. I dunno.

Other then getting them to call me, is there a way I can call them?
Value of your 1st item was too high. Branded items trip flags. Its reatail value would be known to ebay.

I hope that was not an item you sold on your suspended account as well.

Not having a verified paypal may also have contributed to the account being flagged.

Should a new account appear a risk, ebay flags them.

Account should present itself in such a way to appear non-risky.

Listing too quickly after making the account may go against the seller too.

All a learning curve
Old 08-07-2013

Longevity: 66%

Mc999 are given randomly. I get some on months old accounts selling a pair of socks.
A simple call will get the account back.
It is best to avoid mc999 on first sale as it makes the automatic limit increase slower in my experience.
Sandy provides good advice to avoid them on first items.

Good job amysol on getting your account back. Anti wrinkle cream is probably branded (srictin v i suppose based on msrp ) and the price is to high. Think shoe string as first item to be safer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john456 For This Useful Post:
amysol (08-08-2013), Sandy D (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Gotcha! :-) Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to amysol For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (08-25-2013)
Old 08-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

So you created the account 2 weeks ago ...did you build up browsing and buying feedback during the time? Or first action was...wait 2 weeks and then list this item?

Glad you got it through - had this happen to accounts randomly recently even after waiting a month while browsing and bidding. I used Skype to call tollfree and was faced with same questions - reinstated on the spot
Old 08-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I built up browsing and buying history as well as "learning how to sell" history. Etc
The Following User Says Thank You to amysol For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (08-25-2013)
Old 08-08-2013
Banned

Here you go.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...raw-mc999.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013

I got the same message as you did .. with new accounts u probably went right to selling without doing browsing on ebay or buying something .. this will happen if you don't browse or buy small item and you probably posted your item like a pro and not a newbie .. call them up...its no biggie... just make sure when u post a new item take picture of it and put ur ebay uid and you wont run into these issues and extensive browsing history on ebay. Stealth account= act like a newbie and not a pro from the start
Old 08-09-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

For my first item I like to list books or something from the dollar store, I find doing this never gets that mc999 ur talking about and I only lis no more than 2 items the first month let the account sit and than I sell to the limits with the products I sell the second month

I just started using this technique and it works great and I received raises on 4 out of 5 accounts I did this on when I reached my limits the second month , logged off than when I logged back in limits were raised.

If you build ur account and list to the limits all in the first month the account screams stealth.

Just think back to when u first started with ebay, it probably was gradual , u may of sold couple items ur first month and than more and more and more but it took u a few months to get going

And that's how u should approach ur stealths . I admitt when I first started I was in a rush to get back selling so I built a bunch of accounts and sold as much as I could and every account received the initial mc999 and I called and got them all reinstated .

Those accounts are still around and doing well but I feel it took much longer to build a trust with ebay and get limits raised.

Now I take my time and get raises much qicker
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
john456 (08-11-2013)
Old 08-12-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Grab a tracfone, call eBay.
Tracfone it for sure. $10 at any dollar store maybe CVS. The reason they want you logged in is to verify the info you have provided and your last log on. ANY variation can cause a flag.

I am thinking that ebay does this on a random basis based on how busy their call center is. The slower the calls the more emails they send. Could have even tracked the past years to see how busy they were on certain days and factor all the variables. I would if it were my business or something on that track.
I am sure there is a database somewhere that has call center stats too.
Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
I am sure there is a database somewhere that has call center stats too.
Definitely - eB and PP LOVE information - they keep a lot of info just for tracking and databace purposes