Recently Suspended, Newbie Questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-06-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Recently Suspended, Newbie Questions

Last night my wife, who has been an Ebay seller since 2002, received the dreaded indefinite suspension notice. She still has 100 percent positive feedback, but we suspect a half.com account that she had been using was the culprit. She was using the, new to her, account to sell her used textbooks and using their service to print shipping labels. Apparently, unlike Ebay, the tracking number was not automatically loaded for the customer to view, and the item was not getting marked as shipped, even though the package was generally being dropped in the mail the very same day. An otherwise 100% rating with Ebay didn't matter to the folks at Ebay, and they issued their final verdict last night.

Ebay is not our only income source, but it has been a helpful source of funds while she has been finishing her accounting degree, and we have been listing a large assortment of antiques that we inherited not long ago that have been selling quite well.

My initial thought was that I could continue listing the remainder of the stuff we had with my account, which I started in 1998; however, I suddenly figured that this probably will be suspended sooner or later since, even though it does not use the same bank, does have an account that we jointly hold. I also suspect that another account that I have started for my minor son, in my name, will also get the axe. All in all a pretty crappy day.

I found this site during a long sleepless night, and do have a few questions. It seems the book sold here is the one to have . We do need the money. I am also worried about how to declare the taxable income if it comes to that. I have looked at Etsy, but I do not think we can do as well on that site with the stuff that we have to sell.

Sorry if I am rambling, it just was a lot to take in. Any thoughts, experiences, you can provide would be most appreciated. I am gathering from popular opinion that I should go ahead and order the book.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2013

Longevity: 66%

You have come to the right place to re-establish yourself.

You should start by getting the stealthbook. That is a good starting point and very small investment.

Rest of your questions, this forum will be happy to answer you.
Old 08-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmer View Post
My initial thought was that I could continue listing the remainder of the stuff we had with my account, which I started in 1998; however, I suddenly figured that this probably will be suspended sooner or later since, even though it does not use the same bank, does have an account that we jointly hold. I also suspect that another account that I have started for my minor son, in my name, will also get the axe. All in all a pretty crappy day.
That's correct. Once one account goes down, eventually the rest will follow. Ebay will start to link them and take them down as they find the 'commonalities' between your accounts (sharing the same IP, same home address, etc).

Quote:
It seems the book sold here is the one to have, but I am concerned about the legalities of the bank account necessary to pull this off. We do need the money, but I do not want to do anything that is going to be illegal in the process.
When withdrawing your funds from Paypal, they can only see the routing and account #'s...that's all. Obviously your bank account must be your REAL information. You just need to find a suitable bank that will allow mismatch names. The reverse action (depositing into Paypal) is not recommended, because then they would see your name.

Quote:
I am also worried about how to declare the taxable income if it comes to that.
You make money, you must pay taxes. You need a tax professional to answer those questions.

Start from the beginning. Reading the stealth guide will help answer most of your questions. Best of luck,
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

An0nym0u$ ----

Awesome to see you contributing so much back to the forum.

Thank you. You have learned so much so quickly you should be commended for what you have accomplished in such a short time and willing to give back.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Quote:
Any thoughts, experiences, you can provide would be most appreciated. I am gathering from popular opinion that I should go ahead and order the book.
Honestly you have to pick up the stealth guide.

You will find many stories out there that will somewhat mirror yours, including mine.

Learning stealth you will find new light.

Between the stealth guide, the forums and the members of the forum (which I would think equates to a few hundred years of EB experience) you will have the information and support to go forward.

Good Luck
Old 08-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Your right in all your assumptions. the 2nd and 3rd account would both eventually also get suspended.

Your in the right place to start again though. Best of luck stealthing.
Old 08-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

elmer, it is a rough story but you aren't the only ones to have experienced this situation - lots of us have dealt with this.

You are on a good forum for getting back on salestrack...learn stealth by reading guide +/- forums - ask questions - help will be given.

All the best - take the time needed to master this.
Old 08-09-2013

Longevity: 62%

My advice to you.. keep half.com and ebay separate don't use the same information . I know its half.com its happened to me . 100% feedback on ebay.. half.com was suspended and it affected my ebay account both accounts lost same situation.
Old 08-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

I would highly recommend try your best to get the suspended account back since its under your real identity and 10+ year old.

Here is how I see it... If you don't have them reinstate this account, you can NEVER open or operate anything that is eBay related under your name. In your case, you actually burned two 10+ years accounts (since they are linked) if not unbanned. Yes, you can have multiple stealth accounts. But I did rather keep my real account inactive in good standing and using stealth accounts to sell than have my identity screwed with eBay.

Building stealth account takes time and energy. It maybe months before listing limits are removed. Even then they are not the same as pre 2008 accounts, a lot things could go wrong and you will be back to square one.

It appears to me the reason you were suspended is not unfixable. You just have to be persistent in appeals. Wait a month and contact eBay again, explain to them the situation and good luck! From my experience, they are pretty lenient toward grandfather accounts, you just have to find some nice rep who is willing to listen.