Belated Intro thread - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Belated Intro thread

I'm Brainbuster.
A couple weeks ago I lost my car, my phone service, and my drivers license was suspended.
Also, one of my best cash cows I sold to the UK had become banned in the UK (I can still get it in the US).
I finally got my car back, got my license reinstated, and my phone service back.

While I was waiting for my license to reinstate, I told myself that I would "hit the ground running" once I made those things right. By that I meant that I would never let myself be in such a rut again, I would double my efforts selling on Ebay, which had become my source of income (I was probably making $1K to $3K/month, working at a leisurely pace; I know that's peanuts to most of you...and I honestly can't comprehend how some of you make figures like $20K-$30K/month. We must be doing things different).
So my license was reinstated! Then I got onto my 9-year-old Ebay account, and I saw the message telling me,

"We're writing to let you know that even though your selling performance has improved under the US seller performance standards program, it still has not met our standards; therefore, your selling account has been restricted."

I had almost 300 feedback points, with a feedback score of 97.5%. I intend to improve that drastically (though it's now impossible with that account). One mistake I made (or Auctiva or Inkfrog made the mistake, or I was playing with both Auctiva and Inkfrog and I probably made the mistake) was when I listed a $200 item for BIN $1. I was trying to list it at auction, beginning at $1. I did that twice, failing both times. Buyer snatched up both for $2. I refunded. Buyer left me 2 negs.
Another neg fb was from a guy who asked to return it 29 days after the receipt (when my return period was 14 days).
Another neg fb was from a buyer who took more than a week to pay, and complained in the fb that "receipt took a long time." Are you kidding me?! I shipped it out, priority, the same day I got the notice that I received payment.

So I have the supply end figured out (for now...always looking for a better way), but now I can't sell. My Amazon seller account was suspended in 2004 because, out of all the dozens I sold, I received one feedback. And that was negative, for sending a medium-size kneepad instead of a small-size. Amazon messaged me saying my feedback percentage was 100% negative or something, and therefore that account is also restricted--indefinitely.

Anyway, this was probably too revealing for this public intro.
I've just purchased an account from Sandy, but I need to be super careful with it, so I'm still looking for a place to sell.

I had a guy in NY who bought from me in bulk, which was good for me because I dodged Ebay's 10% fees, and even Paypal's 3% fee, and best of all, I made one shipment of 50 or 60 widgets instead of 50 or 60 separate shipments (printing each label, packing each widget, driving to the P.O. each time 1 or a few sell, etc.). Then he sold it to the U.K. That's all I knew. Then some recent legislation or politics sort of phased out that relationship.

Last edited by Brainbuster; 08-14-2013 at 10:41 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 67%

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your situation. We've all got our handful of horror stories. You've come to the right place to get back on track.

Lots of reading needs to be done on the forum and the stealth guide to learn how to operate & maintain a stealth account properly. Best of luck going forward,

Quote:
I've just purchased an account from Sandy, but I need to be super careful with it, so I'm still looking for a place to sell.
She is excellent. I have purchased from her also and doing well.
Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 61%

Thanks, that's good to hear.
Old 08-14-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Learn stealth make more accounts that u need and than make more all link fee it took me 7 months now I'm making a full time living online and sales growing everyday. I thought I was making alot when my original account was suspended, now it's 20x more and growing

It was a blessing you landed in the right place
Closed Thread