Need Advice On Credit Card & Scottrade Bank Checking Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Need Advice On Credit Card & Scottrade Bank Checking Account

I'm hoping one of us here has current info regarding proper use of a credit card linked to my stealth PayPal account & also using my Scottrade Bank checking account for linking to PayPal. I'm in the U.S.

I have been searching the forums here for weeks and have found several answers to my questions above but, many answers are up to several years old and many answers are not from US members. Given how quickly PayPal seems to change the way they manage security and identity I don't trust 1 to 2 year old answers on these topics.

I may just not be registering what I read in the eBay stealth guide but for me the followings questions are still gray areas

First question is, if I link a re-loadable Vanilla CC to my PayPal account would it be able to be a back-up source of payment (or partial payment) if there was not enough money in my PayPal account to pay my eBay fee's ? Or completing a purchase ?

Second question is, if I have linked a checking account with my stealth PayPal account would I be able to NOT USE the checking as a source of back-up funding but instead use only the credit card (that I'm asking about in my first question) ? My intent for linking a checking account to PayPal is just for getting my PayPal account verified and using the checking account to transfer funds into from PayPal once or twice a month.

Third question is, does anyone here have a Scottrade Bank checking or savings account linked to PayPal ? I ask because I have these accounts and they have never been linked to my old suspended PayPal account so why not use them. As kind of a second part to this question, what information does PayPal see when they make the 2 small amount deposits into my checking account ? I'm reading others post's saying they will not see the account owners name however, when PayPal takes the two small deposits back out, will PayPal now be able to see the account owners name (because this is now a withdrawal of funds) ??

TIA for any help here.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1st question - Usually the back-up default way that eB reaches into pp to pay for fee's if NO BALANCE is to go to the bank account on file. The BEST way to avoid this is to pay the fee on EB manually - reloadable vanilla visa I dont think works well for this...the regular vanilla visa works amazingly.

2. I think there is an option to set the funding of payments in your PP account - I cant check currently but will look into later.

3. No experience with Scottrade bank here - PP doesnt see info when 2 payments go IN, but if they take it OUT, yes they can see...applies to all banks
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
vetman90 (08-17-2013)