indefinite selling suspension!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default indefinite selling suspension!!!

So one of my more mature accounts with nearly 200 feedbacks got hit with a trademark violation. Then I got selling restriction for 7 days right after that. I immediately stopped messing with the item that got me the suspension. I log back in 7 days later and all of a sudden they suspended me indefinitely from selling!

WHY EBAY WHY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Does anyone know if there is a possibility to save this account from the grave?

THANKS
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2013

Longevity: 63%
Default From what everyone says

Quote:
WHY EBAY WHY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Does anyone know if there is a possibility to save this account from the grave?

THANKS
From what everyone here and other places say, once it's restricted, it's almost impossible to get it back in good standing.
Old 09-04-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

dAM. I shall bury her tonight. out of all my accounts I loved this one the most. EBHAY WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You might have been manually reviewed and the agent determined that you're account was too risky

You could try a hard appeal with what you are telling - 1st restriction and then automatic suspension? Please...etc - keep it professional
Old 09-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
dAM. I shall bury her tonight. out of all my accounts I loved this one the most. EBHAY WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only one who will suffer is YOU.

Go count to 1000.

Calm down.

Go back over the situation.

More seems to have happened than what you posted.

What was the actual notice?

In the past months were there anyother hassles? Anything with paypal?

Old 09-04-2013

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
I shall bury her tonight. out of all my accounts I loved this one the most. EBHAY WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Careful, it doesn't help to be emotional. EBHAY doesn't care about your emotional connection to your account, to them you are just another seller who has a trademark violation (legit or not is irrelevant) on his account, so they've made a decision to trade away the potential trouble that these types of accounts may cause for the lost revenue that you would have generated for their company in eBay fees.

I encourage you to try to get your account back but I wouldn't count on it. My main eBay account with my personal information on it (which I also loved) got banned a few years back when I over exaggerated (didn't lie) the condition of my items and had a dissatisfied buyer, and at that time my star ratings were low (~4.1). This is circa 2010 when they first introduced star ratings. The account was a "Power Seller" at one point in the past and had 3,000+ feedbacks and was several years old, and I called and called and called, and emailed everyone I could to get my account back. Many people promised that somebody would email me back within 2-3 days but i never heard back from anybody. Also it seems that the only people I can speak with on the phone is people from a foreign country making a low wage and that speak poor English. To them it's not worth it to use the $15/hour people that speak good English on a person whose account has already been banned.

eBay is ruthless when it comes to this and there is no "grace period" or amount of time that they would forgive a wrongdoing in the past.

Today I don't have a stealth account, I registered a LLC and registered a new eBay account under it... so the information eBay has about the LLC is legit, and all the business is legit too, but I still don't provide any real information about myself (only information about the company), for fear it will get connected. So it still could be considered a stealth account in this regard.

If I were you I would try to get your account back because it never hurts to try, and you will gain experience with how eBay operates in the process, and there is still a chance you can get your account back. It's all up to them. I would explain to them how you acknowledge the trademark violation and that you are chasing the vendor who sold it to you for a refund and looking into moving forward with court proceedings. I would explain how it has emotionally hurt both yourself and your family because it's your intention to do good business and that you feel somebody has taken advantage of you, and that in the future you will be more selective about the vendors you buy from and the items you list on eBay ... blah blah blah ... say a lot of BS like this but be sincere about it too (if that makes sense).

Happy sells.

Last edited by sacka_man; 09-04-2013 at 08:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sacka_man For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (09-07-2013)
Old 09-04-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Ok thanks for all the info people. I think I realized what happened. After tracing back over my steps heres what I think caused it.

So I received a 7 day suspension after I got hit with vero. At the time of 7 day suspension I had still had one listing up that had nothing to do with the vero.

But I was still surprised it had not been taken down since my account was suspended from selling for 7days.

So about one day before the suspension of 7 days was up my item sold and then BAM after that I was indefinitely suspended from selling.

SO I believe this may have triggered them to suspend me indefinitely since I sold an item during the 7 day suspension period.
Old 09-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 67%

Honestly, once you received the 7 day suspension, the "sheet of ice" under you started to reveal cracks. You would have eventually been suspended even if you let the account cool off a bit and came back and started to sell again.

Your plan going forward is now stealth.

And don't get mad at ebay & swear revenge or whatnot. They may be the enemy, but they look great when your items are selling and you're reaping the rewards.

Get back on your feet with an army of stealth accounts so you don't have this issue going forward. Best of luck,
Old 09-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ok thanks for all the info people. I think I realized what happened. After tracing back over my steps heres what I think caused it.

So I received a 7 day suspension after I got hit with vero. At the time of 7 day suspension I had still had one listing up that had nothing to do with the vero.

But I was still surprised it had not been taken down since my account was suspended from selling for 7days.

So about one day before the suspension of 7 days was up my item sold and then BAM after that I was indefinitely suspended from selling.

SO I believe this may have triggered them to suspend me indefinitely since I sold an item during the 7 day suspension period.
Propose this out in your appeal shot - might help to clear.
Old 09-06-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Thanks again everyone for the info.

And yes I already have been doing stealth! But like I said I just really liked this account. Its been with me for a while.

Yes Im going to appeal and bring up what happened. Im actually about to call right now!
Old 09-06-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

By the way anonymous your 100percent right
Old 09-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Propose this out in your appeal shot - might help to clear.
Propose he did not check his own listings after a suspension notice?

You think that bright when making an appeal?

Or the statement should be worded differently....

Old 09-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: indefinite selling suspension!!!

He can think it out and word it differently - it's a business model issue that is related to his products of which we do not know
Old 09-10-2013

Longevity: 65%

Seriously, you can go ahead and waste your time and get yourself even more frustrated dealing with the lying idiots at enbay trying to restore this lovely account if that's what you really want to do. If it were me I would say Kaddish and move on.
Old 09-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

IF you cant spend the time appealing, just let it go and begin stealth
Old 09-13-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

yes I was already doing stealth fortunately.

Soooo I called them to see if maybe somehow I could get the account back on. They transferred me to the seller vetting team and from there I pretty much realized I just wasted an hr of my life on hold to be shot down by a random guy over the phone.

So at the end after he told me ebay doesn't like my business practice and they don't want to do business with me and how there are plenty of other venues for me to sell on blah blah blah, I go ok hey its not a problem I don't care that much I just wanted clarification that's all I wanted to sure this wasn't a mistake.

So then he goes "AND make sure you don't try to make another account and sell again because they will know its you either by your information or IP address" hahah I found it funny at the time when the rep said that to me. Don't know if he was serious or was actually slickly trying to give me advice......
Old 09-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

My account was suspended indefinitely in 2011 for a trademark violation and now I got it back up 4 days ago!
Old 09-16-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol_gummybear View Post
My account was suspended indefinitely in 2011 for a trademark violation and now I got it back up 4 days ago!

WHAT HOW??? You must of just paid your past due fees and they went ahead and completely reinstated you? (happened to me along time ago)
Closed Thread