**warning:Western union money wise card no good** - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default **warning:Western union money wise card no good**

I got myself a Western Union Moneywise card which also has a bank account number. I did not realize that this was meta bank. the PayPal verification process went through fine. Then I tried my first test deposit Fortunately I only made a $10 test deposit. They closed the bank account. I called up and spoke with the bank.

They explained to me that they do not allow third party deposits and in order to re open the account and get my $10 back I had to answer many questions to confirm my identity. alot of questions like where I've worked,places I've lived, family members names. Of course I came through fine on that side. but they asked that the person with the stealth name I used call to verify their information. Unfortunately this will not work because there is no such person and the stealth name happens to be a female and I'm not that good with Impressions.

so just one more testimony confirming metabank is no good, I guess if it were my real name on the PayPal account I would have been okay but I think I'll try to stay away from them anyhow. The only good that came out of this is now my PayPal account is verified. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the end. live n learn!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default re: **warning:Western union money wise card no good**

Western Union, ACE Debit...none of those work. The minute you do the 2 micro-deposits they shutdown the account.
Old 09-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Always check the bank backing the card. There is literally just a handful that control all of them. Memorize the bad ones and then you will stop making mistakes.

Heads up...Me.ta backs a TON of them...
Old 09-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Always check the bank backing the card. There is literally just a handful that control all of them. Memorize the bad ones and then you will stop making mistakes.

Heads up...Me.ta backs a TON of them...
Very true BUT even those NOT controlled by MetaBank also will block paypal micro-deposits. I've literally tried them all! and I am sticking with Real Banks.
Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: **warning:Western union money wise card no good**

bad news, but depending on the costs might be good for confirming the PayPal. If the two deposits go through regularly, rather than going VBA route.

It seems like the only Cards you can get a third party payment added to now is one that you actually have an account with the Bank. Chase liquid comes to mind.
Old 09-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: **warning:Western union money wise card no good**

Well I did anoyher Net Spend at the same time, I had the card almost a year and was reluctant to use it, On that account the PP deposits did not go through, PP wrote me back & said the bank does not recognize the account. ( name totally diffrent than mine, But the Western Union ond did go through for verification, but the first deposit closed the Bank account, I don't know if the first was a good luck Glitch or what so I am exploring new banks, I have two very Old ING accounts ( now capitol one 360) has any one seen a change in thier policy? My biggest problem is that my name is some what unique and very rare, I have never "bumped into" some one with my last name, So I am kinda limited with name variations, & durring any Identity conformstion I always get asked things like "what road does "Jon Doe" (with my last name of course) live or what automobile are they associated with or what month they where born because there are so few people wiyh my last name