This ever happen to anybody using a Vanilla GC on EB & PP? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default This ever happen to anybody using a Vanilla GC on EB & PP?

I have been using a Vanilla Visa GC for purchases on a selling restricted stealth acct. with no issues at all for several months to get supplies etc.

So I buy a little $7 item that says it ships from China. I'm ok with that but 3 days after the item ships and I have tracking the Vanilla Visa denies the payment because they say it's a foreign account. I bought on EB U.S. website and paid for it on PP U.S. website. My PP acct. went negative $7 because no way to keep a balance. Visa says I can't use it for foreign purchases. HUH? Foreign purchase? I don't get it at all.

Really 3 days later? What if I wasn't honest? My stuffs on the way and no real way for PP to collect if I didn't want them to. This is how perps learn to defraud. Looks like a flawed process to me.

Now this is interesting. I am freaking because I don't want to lose my buying acct. and I don't know how to actually add funds to a stealth acct. w/o Soc. Sec. # for verification. I click on the link provided for fixing the neg. balance, click the same card that was denied to pay and it goes through. I know because I called Visa and they said it will process. What the hell just happened? Does this mean I can't buy anything that ships from China? This is how I save $ for personal items?

Last edited by joesshooze; 09-12-2013 at 04:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2013

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: This ever happen to anybody using a Vanilla GC on EB & PP?

Quote:
Visa says I can't use it for foreign purchases. HUH? Foreign purchase?
Yes. It clearly says in the Visa T&C that it is good US-Wide, not world wide. This was mostly put into place after banks were restricted from facilitating ppl use CC's to make deposits into offshore gambling websites in 2006.

I used to use prepaid CC's to deposit to offshore poker sites, and there are different kinds of wording and verbage to look for. There is a distinct difference between the term "Accepted anywhere in the US!" and the term "Accepted world-wide wherever Visa is accepted"

Quote:
and I don't know how to actually add funds to a stealth acct. w/o Soc. Sec. # for verification. I click on the link provided for fixing the neg. balance, click the same card that was denied to pay and it goes through. I know because I called Visa and they said it will process.
Buy something small. If your account is negative $7, then buy something (DOMESTICALLY) that costs 50 cents. When you checkout with a credit card it will prompt you with the extra $7 charge to bring your account to equilibrium. The item will cost you $7.50 total.

This info is a little old. The last time I used this method was about a year and a half ago.

Quote:
Does this mean I can't buy anything that ships from China?
No. You cannot use a Vanilla Visa GC that says its "Good anywhere in the US!" to purchase things from China that are using a Chinese PP account.

If you are extremely dead-set on buying things on eB from china with a Vanilla Visa, you can message the seller and request that he provides you with a US-based PP account that you can pay him at.

Most Chinese sellers with decent volume understand this need.

Last edited by Omgoozle; 09-14-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Wow, first I have heard of this. I always use Simon Mall Giftcards. The Visa or the Mastercard. The Amex is no good for registering online. Never had a problem buying crap from china. Normally I would but less than $1 items to have shipped to a phake addy just for feedback. But I am quite surprised to hear that.

Everyone on here seems to rave about Vanilla Visa. I have always though Simon Mall cards where the best.
Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

They had some kind of update last month that there were no longer going to support international purchases. Ill try to find the article. But they have been enforcing this for the last 2 weeks.
Old 09-14-2013
Threadstarter  

What I still don't understand is how PP let me check out with this card and the fact that the seller really shipped it and might not have gotten paid if I was not honest. How am I supposed to know where the seller's PP account is located? I really didn't care until this happened. I buy a lot of small items from China for 1/2 the US sellers price for the same item a lot of times if I don't mind waiting weeks sometimes.
Old 09-14-2013

Longevity: 78%

Anybody know where to purchase the Vanilla Visa $15 cards - I think they come as a 3 pack.
Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmuppet303 View Post
Anybody know where to purchase the Vanilla Visa $15 cards - I think they come as a 3 pack.
Was a post by MM78 recently where he had info.

Shall try to find it. He stated where to purchase them.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...rd-paypal.html

Here you are....

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
What I still don't understand is how PP let me check out with this card and the fact that the seller really shipped it and might not have gotten paid if I was not honest. How am I supposed to know where the seller's PP account is located? I really didn't care until this happened. I buy a lot of small items from China for 1/2 the US sellers price for the same item a lot of times if I don't mind waiting weeks sometimes.
Yea, this is the first time I have this when purchasing through PayPal. I don't know of any prepaid gift cards that work on international transactions. I was asking a friend about it today. He was telling me I guess it is obviously do to the Anti-Money Laundering Act/911 etc. I guess once also lots of these online poker and gambling sites before they cracked down on them hard in the Mid 2000'S, they use to get funds by having US customers max out these prepaid cards and get them to fund their accounts this way.
Old 09-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@joeshooze, you able to use Entropay at all for your foreign purchases?
Old 09-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@joeshooze, you able to use Entropay at all for your foreign purchases?
Just for ****s and giggles I got one a few months ago and have not used it. But can I use it like a gift card when I check out, because the card is in my name and my buying account is totally fictional stealth? If so awesome I don't have to buy gift card but have service chg. on the Entropay card.
Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Just for ****s and giggles I got one a few months ago and have not used it. But can I use it like a gift card when I check out, because the card is in my name and my buying account is totally fictional stealth? If so awesome I don't have to buy gift card but have service chg. on the Entropay card.
Sure you can - it will plop in nicely under your STEALTH name pp account. The service charge is minimal but you can load it up repeatedly
Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

I tried to fund entropay and my real Visa debit card was declined. I tried bank transfer and it does not offer the info my US bank requires. Routing & acct. # Any help would be graciously accepted. I did email them but you know how that goes. Thank you very much.

Last edited by joesshooze; 09-16-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2013
Threadstarter  

I just found out what happened. It seems like somehow I didn't get the card I wanted to fund with verified properly and am now in the usual process that all banks use for this. Their customer service dpt. is lame though. Had received 2 prior answers that said my bank declined the transfer or NSF. No way! The last one was correct.
Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
When you get fully organised with entropay, you make a virtual card from your balance.

No need for name just use the numbers for your payments