Phone Confirmation Adding Bank Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-14-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Phone Confirmation Adding Bank Account

OK. I am in the US, have a US PayPal.

I previously had a bank account linked in but I closed it some months ago and about a week ago I didn't have funds to cover a refund so it tried to pull from the bank and then learned that it was closed.

I am now unverified (not limited though) and need to add a bank account. When I go to add an account back in it wont accept because it says that it needs to call to confirm and it will not accept ANY phone numbers I've tried (the area code I'm in, the area code the address is in, etc.).

What do I need to receive this call (I've been told its automated)?

It wont let me send/spend money in the account until I add another bank (account is a couple of years old, has done $40,000+ so its well beyond its limit until I verify it again)!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Phone Confirmation Adding Bank Account

Where did the account is unverified come from?

Who told you that and why?

Something is not right here.

Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Suggest you re-check the Paypal account. If it has had a bank account attached to it in the past then it will still be verified.
Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Nope.

I promise you when the bank account was removed the status is now unverified, it says so clearly. On the top where it would normally say verified it now says Unverified and when I try to spend money (need to pay my online bills - hosting etc.) it tells me to get verified to remove my sending limit.

I have obviously reached my sending limit a long time ago and have a $500/mo WD limit now (which I can't WD because it wont let me add a bank account without calling me and no matter what number I give it, it wont even try to call me).

I don't know what to do here, I was curious if anyone knew what the phone issue is and how I can get it to call me so I can access my $$s.
Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, what bank account are you trying to add now? It's not hard to add US bank to US paypal...
Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@OP, what bank account are you trying to add now? It's not hard to add US bank to US paypal...
That's not the issue I'm sure. I've tried Wells Fargo (different account but the same bank as was previously on here), Chase, a local Credit Union and US Bank. It will identify and start to take them but then it wants to call me to confirm I am making this change, it will not call me it says it cannot verify my number. I have tried using 5 different numbers it will not call any of them so it will not add my bank account.

THUS my question, what does my phone number need for it to call me? Do I have to purchase a land line with the same address, will be hard to do since I can't my funds out of pp, or what? (already used cell phone and land line with same area code). Does anyone know why it will not call to confirm?
Old 09-16-2013

Longevity: 74%

I'm having this SAME exact issue right now. I have tried gvoice numbers an it pops up with an error "Sorry we could not verify the phone #, please try again"

I do believe it is an automated call to send the PIN number. Not sure if we need to have a number within the same area code or what. I'm going to try again later with the iphone app called "burner"
Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarko60 View Post
I'm having this SAME exact issue right now. I have tried gvoice numbers an it pops up with an error "Sorry we could not verify the phone #, please try again"

I do believe it is an automated call to send the PIN number. Not sure if we need to have a number within the same area code or what. I'm going to try again later with the iphone app called "burner"
That is the exact issue I'm having, please keep me updated. I've tried already 2 iphone apps as well as some real phone numbers (correct area code) with no luck. I will keep you posted as well.
Old 09-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombora View Post
That is the exact issue I'm having, please keep me updated. I've tried already 2 iphone apps as well as some real phone numbers (correct area code) with no luck. I will keep you posted as well.
Were the "real numbers" physical landlines? I'm trying to figure out if they want it to match up with the actual address in a database.
Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombora View Post
Post a screen shot,with info blacked out, to show it says unverified.

Needs checking.

Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Were the "real numbers" physical landlines? I'm trying to figure out if they want it to match up with the actual address in a database.
That's my thought as well. Thinking almost I am going to have to create a land line for this address ZZZZ. They were cell numbers, don't have a land line, but the first one I used I mean the cell is from the address on file that's my billing info.

@ GreenBean™

That's too much effort (ss, photoshop, upload pic) but I can assure you it is in fact now unverified, or I would not be having an issue. It happened the minute they removed my closed bank account. I'm not a moron. It clearly says "Unverified". In addition I now have a $500 sending limit for all time (obviously past over a year ago) and a $500/month withdraw limit.

As an example at the top it now says:

Business Name: ******** Account | Type: Business | Status:Unverified Get verified

When I try to send/spend money it asks me to get my account verified first. It was verified from day 1 a couple of years ago until now.

My issue is not figuring out whether I'm verified or not its figuring out what type of phone # I need for PP to send me the code or if they have essentially scrapped this account and will not accept any phone #.
Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

OK,

I don't know what changed but they have in fact stated now that the phone #s billing address must match the address on file for my PP. So, have to get a landline I guess... That sounds like a MAJOR pain, do you suppose it would be safe to change the address to a friend who has a landline and then try that?
Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

No one is ignoring your issue of needing a phone number

However the fact that you are reporting a substantial change in a practise needs more than a second glance.

This changes advice to users regarding removing bank accounts.

You have provided valuable info in this war with PayPal.

If you are an idiot, I never alluded to that at all. I appreciate your report.

Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Ya I understand, I was just saying that it was 100% for sure unverified when it was previously verified.

It seems that the other guy in this thread had the same issue just right in the last couple of days as well. So I would certainly never again let there be a lapse in bank account, add a new before removing old, make sure you don't close your bank account, etc. This is a headache!

And I would agree that it may be new as just now (last couple of hours) I am getting a different info/prompt from PayPal doing the same process (more text and details) when trying to add a bank account. It is now telling me clearly that I need a landline that's billing address matches my address instead of just asking which phone number to reach me on and then telling me that the phone number I entered will not work. Seems like essentially address verification which is OK but a real headache since I haven't had a landline in years. It does also now (as in the last couple of hours) have an option for "I don't have a phone number" but I'm afraid to press that, who knows what they'll want me to fax for that one (I just moved, don't have ANY bills in my name at this address, my ID still has my old address, etc.).

Anyone with thoughts on it being safe to just change the address to a friend with a landline instead of getting one installed (especially since my funds are within PP)?

My biggest concern is that leading to an erroneous limitation which would not only cripple my business but if I cannot add a bank account it wouldn't let me ever do a withdraw (after limitation time period) of current funds since it wont let me add a bank to do the account in the first place. I should add that this account does have my SSN attached and has never had fraud/chargeback issues or anything. This bank account seems to be my only issue.

Last edited by bombora; 09-16-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Right at the point your account is flagged. I would not change an address.

Since you have everything real, then you could consider calling paypal for help.

Old 09-16-2013

The same issue that is happening with my account is it's 100% a verified legit account with several hundred thousand dollars in transactions and over 3 years old.

1. The difference with my issue, is I already have a verified bank account (never removed the old one). I am trying to add a second bank account.

2. It seems I have 2 options of numbers to call when adding a bank account. Call either home or work. Work is the gvoice # that I added **Which will not work.

This has to be a new recent issue with paypal, as I know someone else who is having the same issue. My thought is the same as bombora, they want a physical landline with a matching address for the call to go through. Otherwise it will throw an error.
Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

The next question then is why are paypal expecting its account holders to have land-lines?

Is an established fact that not all homes have them.

Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

I will never call PP again. The one time I called and asked a simple question I got a polite response with a solution and thought everything was fine. About 20 minutes later my account was limited and they wanted all kinds of details about me. I had to fax things, then they asked for other stuff and I faxed that. Then they asked for the first stuff again, etc. I was limited for a week or so and got a run around. My sister once had a similar issue with her account with real info but they never lifted the limitation. This is why I'm asking here even though my account is legit, I don't trust them but they are a must for my business. Especially with my recent move I don't have things they asked for before like utility bills and my ID has a different address, etc. so I would be screwed.

Quote:
My thought is the same as bombora, they want a physical landline with a matching address for the call to go through. Otherwise it will throw an error.
I can confirm this is the issue. Earlier I was getting the "cannot verify number" thing and it was just failing/never calling just like you. Last time I went to do it, it said specifically it needed a land line that's billing address matched my address on file; it also gave another option that it didn't before (even earlier today) saying "I have no phone number" but who know what they'll ask for if you select that.

Last edited by bombora; 09-16-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2013

Longevity: 64%

OP, I am sorry that happened to you. I had the exact same thing happen to me and did not call. After 2 weeks or so and me spending the $ in the account I forgot and went to transfer funds again not remembering what happened and low and behold it works & continues to work today 2 mos after my initial problem. It seemed like nobody here believed me. Put me through all type of crazy questions. I blew 2 new Tracfone numbers trying to fix and nothing worked except just waiting. I guess it's some type of PP glitch. Not sure. Good luck to you.
Old 09-17-2013

Longevity: 64%

OP, the same exact thing happened to me several months ago on a stealth account I purchased. The seller of the account would not help. I was extremely new. So I left it alone. I knew a call to PP would end badly so I just spent the monies & bought gift cards on line from Wally World. A few weeks later I forgot this happened and tried to transfer money and it went through without a glitch. Nobody here believed me I think and ask a lot of foolish questions. All I know is it would not work exactly as you state and then 2 weeks later it does. I did nothing but wait. Must be some kind of PP glitch.
Old 09-17-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

This happens on some accounts I had this happen on one account in the past and I just called in from a textplus number and if its the same account you need to add u just need to let them know its urs and it was removed because of an error and they allow u to re add the account that was kicked off because of whatever and than u just need to confirm again
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
FlavioLHP (09-18-2013)
Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

This issue of requiring landline is becoming worse and worse - I dont understand why in this day and age PP is going BACK to that concept...nasty game