EBAY is targeting sellers of Brand Name Goods even more heavily these days - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Arrow EBAY is targeting sellers of Brand Name Goods even more heavily these days

HI folks:
This morning-
I received a "heads up call" from my account manager from ebay--
She called from 801-545-1800...

This was NOT my regular girl-- the lady said that she was making courtesy calls to Power Sellers--

She further stated that they are enforcing further "Listing restrictions" on BRAND items, as well as LUXURY items. Starting TODAY>

She further stated that They are doing this to prevent rampant fraud going on, and uncovered recently..

She said that upon trying to LIST any type of Major Brand or LUXURY items, should I encounter a "problem"--I should immediately send an email to
"Sales-development @ ebay.com--

She said the Restriction will effect most sellers--BUT--the way aorund it--is by calling/or emailing and having the temporary restriction "reviewed"

She further stated that my account was one of the "Accounts that were on the "TARGET LIST"--but after the in house review--she had lifted the restriction..

(This account is 11 years old--with 100% fb,, dsrs--avg 4.85)

She also said that there will be many, many sellers experiencing Holds/restrictions starting this week--

One may have their account "reviewed" after a month of waiting (30 days wait)-- to be able to LIST again, as a brand item/.luxury item..

So--just a FYI--CYA
Good Luck

Old 06-30-2008

Longevity: 92%

Perfect ... just when I get back to selling again! Thanks for the post ebhl. You're the best!
Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

You know what-- I find it strange that this is not a T+S initiative??

OR--maybe theyre just taking too much heat right now--So-their alter ego mailbox is now

"Seller Development" ???
Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

HI: Followup--heres an email in my inbox--from Ebay--by the way--they called me on my personal cell phone today--not my Business number)--

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for talking with me. As we discussed, eBay is committed to fighting fraud and preventing and reducing bad buying experiences on the eBay site.

In order to keep our site safe for buyers and sellers, we place restrictions on the type of items that sellers may list as well as the number of items sellers may list in certain categories. We wanted to give you advance notice that we will be further tightening the selling limits in June.

As a result, you may experience these added limitations when you try to list items such as certain luxury goods. You should also know that if you encounter these limitations you will need to wait 30 days before you can list additional similar items.

Sellers can appeal to have such selling limits raised. Our customer support teams will be happy to periodically review any seller's account and in some cases may ease the selling limits. To determine whether selling limits may be lessened, factors such as buyer feedback, time and activity on site, and compliance with all eBay policies are considered.

We encourage you to continue to build up a positive selling history, and we will be happy to review your selling limits in the future. We recommend that you wait about 90 days before contacting us to review your account.

You can contact us directly by clicking on the "email us" link listed in the messaging you will see in the Sell Your Item flow if you encounter a selling limit.

It is always a good idea to verify your identity as a seller by linking your eBay account to your PayPal account, regardless of whether or not you accept payments via PayPal. For more information on how to become PayPal Verified, please review the following page: Becoming Verified on PayPal

If you have further questions, please contact PowerSeller Customer Support. You can find your CS contact information by logging into the PowerSeller Portal page at eBay: Redirect

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,

PATRICIA
eBay Seller Development

EMAIL HEADER:
From: "eBay Seller Development" <SellerDevelopment@ebay.com>
To: "xxxxxxxx" <xxxxxxxx@HOTMAIL.COM>
Old 06-30-2008

Longevity: 96%

Thanks for the info. When they say luxury items, is that just LV, Rolex etc etc or also other high valued items such as laptops, lcd/plasmas etc etc?
Old 06-30-2008

are dvd setboxes BRAND NEW items? if so, who?
Old 06-30-2008

DVD boxsets arent brand name but you have a 99.9 percent chance of having them removed and eventually suspended anyways.
Old 06-30-2008

I have already received this limitation. My account is about 3 weeks old now. Last week I noticed when I went to list anything I got the "certain limits are placed on newly activated accounts, please do not list this item for 30 days". I contacted ebay live chat to ask why this limit was in place and she gave me a link to send an e-mail, the title of the heading said "blocked and or suspended accounts". ebay live chat suggested I wait 72 hours to hear back and if I don't contact them again. I have 5 positive feedback, no negatives, have provided tracking for all orders within 1 business day in ebay.
Old 07-01-2008

sorry hateluv, but i dont understand this whole ebay manager you got.

i remember reading your horror story in another thread and you said that back in the day your manager called you to let you know you were banned or w/e.... and now shes calling you knowing your using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names for the ebay accounts that you sell on and tell you inside info for ebay..

does this person work for ebay? how does this work...
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Bad news for a lot of people.. hmmm,
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 93%

Ebay is reacting to the court fine in France. By doing this they are trying to show they are pro-active in fighting fraud.....The more restrictions they place, the better they look in the eyes of the court....

It is going to get rough out there....
Old 07-01-2008
Threadstarter  

DJ:
Its a New acct manager--she does NOT know its me..
Old 07-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

What are those "luxury goods"? Might be bad news for people who try to sell a doughnut in the shape of Jesus.
Old 07-01-2008

I'm only selling Fragrances and got the do not list for 30 days notice. I have an approved merchant account and think its just ebay's way of getting me to use Pay Pal
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 91%

Thanks for the heads up!! Is this just for power sellers who list brand name items or for everybody who lists brand name items? I list just a few at a time, no more than ten a week.

Also, what do they consider luxury items?
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 94%

Haven't received a notice yet - do you know if this is US only?
Old 07-01-2008

ANY brand name items. I list fragrances, and both new accounts now have 30 day limit on them.
Old 07-01-2008

Im guessing thats because sum fragrances are actually clothing lables too?? Well most are??

Lacoste, CK, Armani etc?

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-01-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2008

Like, just now, on the news, i heard that Ebay had to pay Loius Vitton, 50 ? milloin dollars for Ebay allowing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ of their {Louis Vitton} products to be sold on their auction site.
Give me a break. Does ANYONE think that { other than the lawsiut making money for them} Louis Vitton lost one dime because one of us "poor folks" bought a ⊗⊗⊗⊗???
I am sorry, but I think that is stupid.
I guess if they took credit for somone`s invention,[like change salt water to reg water} I might be upset, but suitcases??? and bags??? and clothes???. I cannot help it, I am sitting here laughing.
Old 07-01-2008

Yoga mate,
I can guarantee that those ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sales on ebay have mounted up to more than 50 million lol. I would say more like 1 billion or more. Now if you put that to real sales for Louis Vuitton as in FULL PRICE. Work it out. It is loss simple as.

If you owned Nike and you knew chinese were faking your product and they were all selling on Ebay. Would you sue Ebay for 50Mill??? DAMN RIGHT!!! A penny is a penny!
Old 07-01-2008

well, ok, BUt I still wonder if LV will make more money if no ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are sold????. I still say, I cannot see Jessica Simpson buying LV off ebay.
And I have been poor so long that I will not LIVE long enough to break the "frugal" habit and buy REALL stuff.
just me.
Old 07-01-2008

Forgot to say.... I would sue anybody for ANYTHING if I could get 50 million, so can`t blame LV there!!!