Suspended without notice? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-10-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Suspended without notice?

Hello all!

Got a strange one here. A little background: from 2000 until about five years ago, I had a legitimate eBay account in my own name. Began selling towards the end of that stretch. All went well, until the day when some clown shipped me back an empty box and demanded a refund. I refused, eBay sided with them, I immediately unlinked my bank account/CC and ditched the account to avoid being forced into the scam (which was 100% inevitable - wasn't easy to walk away from that account, but I refused to refund that idiot AND let them keep the item).

A few months later, I opened a new account under a pseudonym. Never touched the old account again, cookies cleared, all new contact info, different IP (but same ISP), different bank account (but same bank). Thought I was being careful, but apparently I missed something - it didn't take eBay long to claim I was linked to an account that was not in good standing (presumably my old one). They didn't issue any restrictions, but the "we see you're linked with..." warning remained.

My selling volume is pretty low, so it took me until just a couple months ago to FINALLY meet the requirements to have the 'paypal funds hold' automatically removed.

Again, everything was going fine... and then I had to leave town unexpectedly. A few auctions ended while I was gone (for items worth under $20). Buyers paid, I wasn't there to ship, cases opened, eBay started issuing refunds. Fine by me - that's what it's there for. But it appears as though eBay also decided to withdraw seller fees around the same time, thus overdrawing my Paypal account. The final item to be refunded was paid by eBay, and they wanted compensation. Again, no biggie - within hours an automatic transfer had made the Paypal account whole again, and eBay got their money.

Had it ended here, we'd have no problem. But then I got an email from eBay:

Quote:
ACTION REQUIRED: DON'T LOSE ABILITY TO BUY AND SELL ON EBAY

You must reimburse eBay for outstanding Buyer Protection Fees to avoid having your account placed on hold or suspended.

It's easy to resolve the outstanding buyer protection balance on your account. You can view your case(s) that require reimbursement in the Resolution Center, then, make a one-time payment using a credit card to pay each claim individually.

If you have already paid your eBay Buyer Protection fee balance, please disregard this message.

Thank you,
eBay Global Collections

Your buying and selling privileges will be limited and/or restricted, as well as your ability to communicate with other members through eBay messages. Your account may be sent to a collection agency for the balance owed.
If you've already paid, disregard? Sounds fine to me. Until a few days later, when - without any further communication - all my selling limits dropped to zero. One auction was still going, and was allowed to complete - but as for listing anything else, it's no soup for me.

Found the case which spawned the mess and explained the snafu in an appeal (since there seemed to be no other way to contact them). This yielded nothing but a rejection of the appeal, no surprise.

So I bit the bullet and called eBay. First call was over the weekend, rep insisted that the Vetting Department needed to call ME, wanted a phone number. My response? "They did it without speaking to me, they can UN-do it without speaking to me." Got nowhere. Second call was yesterday morning, rep looked it over, asked if I had any other accounts ("nope, it's just me here"), and told me she was transferring me to the Vetting Department so I could plead my case ("plead my case? makes it sound like I did something wrong"). After 15 minutes on hold and no answer, I hung up.

SO... anybody familiar with this sort of mess? And what's my best course of action here? I don't really want to make a new account... just finished jumping through all their $*#&^@ hoops once to be able to sell without restrictions, don't really want to do it all again (or, worse, get noticed and chased off again).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2013

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Suspended without notice?

There is no best course of action because eBay is one giant moving target. Policies change monthly. Getting a helpful rep is a roll of the dice and most of the time you will come up craps. Look at it this way... eBay couldn't give two ****s about you or your problem. If you have plenty of free time on your hands and a high tolerance for pain and frustration then by all means keep hounding them and maybe you will happen to call when all the stars are aligned right. Otherwise take a realistic look at it and be prepared to start over.
Old 09-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I think stealth is your only option. Given what you posted above, I don't think there is any way to get the account back.
Old 09-18-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Member here pmd for an account after telling me they were at 100% with 4.9 and above DSRS.

Had issues with one buyer who bought several items.

Their DSRs dropped to 4.6s and 4.5s and was left several negatives.

Account started in 1998.

As we all know once one leaves a negative it seems like the plaque and others will start following.

100% and high dsrs for the life of the account.

After all those years of doing everything well one stupid buyer got them looked into and now they are banned for a few issues.

Ebay is dropping people like flies on older accounts for some silly reason.

They dont care about yesterday and years of doing well, if they see a current issue then bam, gone in no time.

This member told me they were not notified either and went to list something and the message came up you are blocked.

Move on to as many stealths as you can handle. Life will continue and you will not have to worry about them any longer.
Old 09-18-2013

Scary story, and my worst nightmare.

I know that my old and established account could be blocked any day for next to no reason and it's just so wrong of eBay.

I'm wondering if they are trying to limit their moral responsibility as an 'employer' perhaps? I might be way off the mark though.
Old 09-18-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Not a nightmare at all. I am also prepared as I have my original account still going which I baby it to death. It could be gone in no time.

Being prepared with an arsenal of stealth accounts is the way to go.

They will never take away my chance at making money off them.

They would have to toast a gazillion accounts or go out of business first.

Old 09-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegee83 View Post
re.

I know that my old and established account could be blocked any day for next to no reason and it's just so wrong of eBay.

ebay always has a reason.

Issue is that reason is far too often not understood by the suspended seller.

The solution is stealth accounts to spread the selling AND protecting the established account.

Old 09-18-2013

When I get some stealths up and running I think I'll be more optimistic!