Indefinite selling suspension but confused... :-( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 09-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Indefinite selling suspension but confused... :-(

Hey guys, I got banned from eBay because of my own stupid mistake. I had two ebay accounts, one was in bad standing - below standard, this was due to my performance. On that account I was going through a rough time and dispatched items a little later than expected. It was a private issue but I know eBay are not bothered about any sob stories.

On my second account I am a top rated seller, I was already previously selling on both accounts when both were normal - selling different items on both - so anyway, yesterday like a fool I decided to ring eBay to raise my selling allowance as I was told previously to ring in. So I rang in to later find out that they will be permanently banning me from ebay and both accounts will be suspended. I was like but I know he was only doing his job and following policies. He even said that's a kick in the teeth and bet you wish you didn't ring..

I then later received a indefinite message from eBay but only on my second account. I was really sad to find out what happened and felt stupid ringing eBay. I then decided just for the heck of it to try list a item yesterday but a notice came up saying I can now only buy/purchase on eBay and not sell.

I also sent a large long message to eBay support. So today when I logged in I thought I will try list an item, just to try it, and it actually lets me list ?? Do you guys think they have removed my ban? is it even worth ringing again? as I felt a fool ringing the first time. I lost sleep over it as I was doing business for quite long selling accessories for mobiles. Now my business is down the drain and think i'm going for jobseekers....or maybe stealth??

What do you guys think?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Last edited by W0nd3rm4n; 09-25-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Errors
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Indefinite selling suspension but confused... :-(

Both accounts are in jeopardy and are LINKED. Sooner or later, they will sniff you out and end your behaviour, I figure.

I really think it is important for you to get stealth accounts going stat. Build them well - sad to hear of your situation but it is like this for MANY.

All the best.
Old 09-25-2013

Longevity: 61%

I agree with rsot.

I would get stealth started and maybe just keep selling on the other account until it gets shut down, which it sounds like it probably will.

Do you have a lot of stock in hand?
Old 09-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Yeah, unfortunately I do, I actually bulked up for stock ready for Christmas, Just doing my research on Stealth guess it's the way to go. But going to take it slow and steady don't want to rush in. Ah well, best I get over what happened.
Old 09-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Were both accounts suppose to be separate then i.e stealth? I surprised one call got your TRS account permanently banned.

I have stealth accounts which are completely monitored separately and well...with stealth details as a backup but I have a main business account using real details and it too has 2 eBay accounts which isn't against the rules so i was curious to why they block both of yours?
Old 09-25-2013

Longevity: 61%

If one account goes, they both will.

I have main main account in my real details and gradually just starting stealth. I do have another account linked to the main one, not used in about in 6 months, but I am pretty sure they would both go if one had a problem :(
Old 09-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Listed item might still get pulled.

For the future, learn to be cautious about contacting eBay

Old 09-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
Were both accounts suppose to be separate then i.e stealth? I surprised one call got your TRS account permanently banned.

I have stealth accounts which are completely monitored separately and well...with stealth details as a backup but I have a main business account using real details and it too has 2 eBay accounts which isn't against the rules so i was curious to why they block both of yours?
As GeeGee mentioned, if one account gets banned so does the linked account, there is also a possibility for other users in the family to get banned should they see fit. Just wish I heard of stealth before.
Old 09-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Only when you really annoy ebay.

Not a 100% given to get both suspended.

Old 09-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

hmm that is interesting... I did have two accounts way back, my first and main main account has been going since 02/03 I think? I did get a second account (around 09) with same details but this eventually did get restricted to no selling, just buying. Other account remaining a OK. I did move address and created a new account and updated the original main account to the new address and everything has still been fine since? Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.
Old 09-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
hmm that is interesting... I did have two accounts way back, my first and main main account has been going since 02/03 I think? I did get a second account (around 09) with same details but this eventually did get restricted to no selling, just buying. Other account remaining a OK. I did move address and created a new account and updated the original main account to the new address and everything has still been fine since? Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.
You're lucky in terms that you're account is probably not being seen as risky right now. Get ready for Xmas sales - time is coming up and have stealths going for you, important