Ebay registered name & address change? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 09-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Ebay registered name & address change?

Hi This is my 1st post! I don't think it's an unusual one as I've searched the threads and come up with differing answers, so I would appreciate a response from anyone who's done / had experience of it!

I little background - I started an ebay account 5 years ago, steady sales selling an information product I own but (for my own reasons, which were good at the time) I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and contact / email address. I don’t think ebay have ever realised (as I read this forum, when it 1st started) and always use a library pc or mobile over 3G to carry out all my relisting, answering questions etc.

I've never been red carded, always had 100% + FB, 1 or 2 "where's my item, or item not as described" which I've dealt with by refunding instantly. My ebay / paypal are not linked but Ive always paid my fees with my 'real' paypal account.

I only have 1 paypal account, but 2 ebay accounts.

Now my question - I don't want to merge my accounts and I know you can have 2 ebay accounts, but I now want to change my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to my real name. If there is a big risk of both account being banned then I would start again in my 'real' account and close my ⊗⊗⊗⊗. What do you think?

I would rather keep this account as it has 1900 + FB and quite a unique name so it would be a shame.

I've read some people state that they have changed things a month at a time, but this looks more suspicious to me than a one off change. I do have a story prepared – “account was jointly owned (in the other persons name, as they set it up, but money has always gone into my PP and fees have paid by me – we’ve not broken the business up and I’m in sole charge” I could even at a stretch get someone to write to / phone up if necessary.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for any responses!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Ebay registered name & address change?

You don't think it is unusual?

Two accounts with different info and you want to make them all matching info and live happliy ever after with ebay?

Who just told a fairy tale?

I hear where you are coming from. But I do have the feeling if this is not broken why fix it?

Paying your fees linked you. Do you not realise that?

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
stevedavies (09-26-2013)
Old 09-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You cant just change info as you want and hope to avoid the risk flags thrown up at PP/eB.

As GB stated...in your case, if it ain't broken, don't fix it but....the whole mess sounds linked. I would begin learning stealth to at least have backups in place. Build them well.

All the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
stevedavies (09-26-2013)
Old 09-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 61%

Thanks for the reply GB & Rsot, clearly a noob question to begin with!

so ebay already know via PP when I have been paying fees? I do normally pay them from the same account but I have never chosen to link the accounts - Why have I not been banned already? it's been running 5 years? I guess the main reason I'm doing it is I guess if I'm ever investigated by tax I assumed I was committing a crime by having made up details which would be more serious than underpayment of income tax
Old 09-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@steve

PayPal know everything done with accounts.

They may not always take action regarding activities. But PayPal know. eBay does as well.

The activities you suggest will flag the account.

On my real account I did a change of info I had totally forgotten about ( pre tin foil hat life). PayPal staffer told me about
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
stevedavies (09-27-2013)
Old 09-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedavies View Post
Thanks for the reply GB & Rsot, clearly a noob question to begin with!

so ebay already know via PP when I have been paying fees? I do normally pay them from the same account but I have never chosen to link the accounts - Why have I not been banned already? it's been running 5 years? I guess the main reason I'm doing it is I guess if I'm ever investigated by tax I assumed I was committing a crime by having made up details which would be more serious than underpayment of income tax
I would start paying fees on eB with a gift card/VCC moving forward.

As for that whole making up details, you are unlikely to be investigated if you are operating well - if unsure...you would seek help of tax professional