A bit about you? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 10-03-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: A bit about you?

I am one of the youngsters here,lol,I am 20,Law student in the UK,I like anything related to business and making my own money and since I finish my degree in 2 years I want to set myself up in more domains related to business,and since I leant so much about ebay like where to get stuff,how to buy,where to buy,what is hot selling,I can not pass this opportunity since they closed 2 of my nice accounts one unlimited,I am here to learn and get back on!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer1993 View Post
I am one of the youngsters here,lol,I am 20,Law student in the UK,I like anything related to business and making my own money and since I finish my degree in 2 years I want to set myself up in more domains related to business,and since I leant so much about ebay like where to get stuff,how to buy,where to buy,what is hot selling,I can not pass this opportunity since they closed 2 of my nice accounts one unlimited,I am here to learn and get back on!
What field of law most interests you?
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Med degree and certifications specialized indeed!

@James, ah so flipping the bets - nice! Middleman-style
Med degrees as in what type?
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 61%

Commercial Law, think is the best for making money and also bank law which I will study next year,does the legal field interest you rsot?
Old 10-03-2013
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer1993 View Post
You might want to pick up Six Figure Boss then.
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Med degrees as in what type?
You do know GB that I studied Medicine...

Commercial law - nice - I had an invite by a local provincial university to study law 3 years ago but too tough to coordinate with 2 jobs and such. Would like to though - perhaps when I get my operations turnkey'ed up hah
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 66%

Oh I forgot to add that I have a double degree in Finance and International Trade as well as Domestic Engineering (i.e. mothering). The day job also helps me with my market research.
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I work in the medical field. Daytime work is in pharmaceutical industry - I consult also for the same industry these days. I have my spurts in eB and Az but lately, just been dabbling - selling mid-range to high-range collectible stuff for fun and extra coin.

Christmas itch is kind of beginning though...
RSOT...

Being a lab experiment is NOT working in the medical field!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (05-01-2018)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Not much to tell...

I love animals too, you will often find cute cat pictures that I have posted.

I worked in the collections industry for 18 years, the final 13 at a law firm where I was at the director level. I had to give up the corporate life, though. I worked between 10-16 hours per day and it was KILLING ME!

The hours I put in can still be long, but I can adjust as necessary. And having a business partner helps. We also hire his kids to do some of the thing we don't really want to do. They get to learn a skill and get paid at the same time. We get people with flexible hours. So it works really well.

Stealth helped me greatly and I stick around to answer questions so that I can both keep up to date on new developments and to give something back and help others, albeit in a small way.

As you may have guessed, cats are my personal favorite, but I also love dogs and really all kinds of animals.

Other than that, I am PATHETICALLY average. Average looking, average earning, in the middle politically, drive an average car. But I have the BEST CATS! 3 beautiful furballs that I spoil to death.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (10-03-2013), aspkin (10-04-2013), GreenBean (10-04-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I was expecting "CHOCOLATE RAIN"!
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I am 32 years old and sell on eBay full time for about 1.5 years now. I have been doing this for much longer but it was mostly part time or a hobby. I have my BA in Economics, I always loved numbers, math, and wall street. Worked at a investment bank for many years so I will always miss that part in my life but that part is over with and time to start a new one.

I was laid off in 2008 from a large investment bank but I still did contract work with some people I knew until last year. That was when I decided to give it all up and concentrate on eBay. I mostly sell computers, computer parts, and sometimes I will list a computer fixing ad on Craigslist but not much has come that that right now. I am branching out into used clothing which is doing pretty good.

I am about to finally close a deal on a small fourplex apartment building toward the end of the year so that one day I can give it to some management company so that I can travel the world once again.

Last edited by yotano211; 10-03-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

this forum changed the fork in the road I took career-wise, I joined near the beginning in 2008, whilst I was still at work.

Won't say which exact degree I have but it is considered one of the best, was in corporate world and would probably have gone back part-time after having a baby, but I was already with the forum by then, whilst I was working I was thinking ahead, I had the idea before having kids to work from home and dabbled in ebay, the idea was not fully formed though and had run here in a panic after being thrown off ebay for a violation and it took down the linked accounts too. People here helped me, I remember GB and HWGA replied to my first threads...I have been a loyal member ever since.

I know how to ramp up business but do not want to put that much work in, I know how hard it is and how many hours, I only want to do a little, maybe 3-4 hours a day. I am nowhere near the size of probably most forumers.

I am very lucky, I live behind the gates, I do not need to work, I could lunch everyday, but not my style..I am lucky and happy, ebay/az lets me be a hands-on mum, volunteer and pop out whenever I want to see girlfriends. I love fashion and exotic places...and food, god I love food. Most of all, my family is most important...I like the fact I have choices in what I do with my day....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-04-2013 at 04:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
RSOT...

Being a lab experiment is NOT working in the medical field!
RAWR jeffweico...need brains...I crush you (Frankenstein accent)!
Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
You do know GB that I studied Medicine...
is this I am advising you now GB I studied Medicine or are you thinking we had a conversation previously where you mentioned this, and so I should recall the fact?

I am only aware that you were in Vancouver for some ( and maybe not even all) of your tertiary studies.

I have no other knowledge of your chosen field of study.

Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
is this I am advising you now GB I studied Medicine or are you thinking we had a conversation previously where you mentioned this, and so I should recall the fact?

I am only aware that you were in Vancouver for some ( and maybe not even all) of your tertiary studies.

I have no other knowledge of your chosen field of study.

Thinking of a conversation we previously had ...maybe 2010 or so...not going into details but ...perhaps mistaken, lot of conversations since then...right?
Old 10-04-2013

Longevity: 87%

I sell stuff online. -Aspkin
The Following User Says Thank You to download3000 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
this forum changed the fork in the road I took career-wise, I joined near the beginning in 2008, whilst I was still at work.

Won't say which exact degree I have but it is considered one of the best, was in corporate world and would probably have gone back part-time after having a baby, but I was already with the forum by then, whilst I was working I was thinking ahead, I had the idea before having kids to work from home and dabbled in ebay, the idea was not fully formed though and had run here in a panic after being thrown off ebay for a violation and it took down the linked accounts too. People here helped me, I remember GB and HWGA replied to my first threads...I have been a loyal member ever since.

I know how to ramp up business but do not want to put that much work in, I know how hard it is and how many hours, I only want to do a little, maybe 3-4 hours a day. I am nowhere near the size of probably most forumers.

I am very lucky, I live behind the gates, I do not need to work, I could lunch everyday, but not my style..I am lucky and happy, ebay/az lets me be a hands-on mum, volunteer and pop out whenever I want to see girlfriends. I love fashion and exotic places...and food, god I love food. Most of all, my family is most important...I like the fact I have choices in what I do with my day....
It should also be known that Oompa adopted a homeless cat and has helped MANY people on this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (10-05-2013)
Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
Selling online is my FULL TIME job. Pays all my bills; car note, insurances, rent and about to pay for my house early next year after tax time.

I take it seriously and with all the sites i sell on it takes up my entire day for 2-3 hours roflmao
This ^
Im about to expand into more ventures though
Old 05-01-2018

Longevity: 58%

I have a low paid office job, sell almost everything on eb part time to keep afloat.
Started selling while I was in the UK sold ipods when they were just released, powerbooks, PCs etc. Stopped selling for several years.
Started selling various stuff after moved to USA, got account banned. After a few years started selling again. Now more concentrated on business/industrial equipment. Have a family to feed and eb sales are somewhat helping to ease the financial burden.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frodo For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (07-14-2019), rsot (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018
Administrator

You just brought an thread from 2013 back to life!

I think all you guys know me pretty well.

Maybe something you don't know is I have 2 half brothers and 2 half sisters including two siblings (brother and sister). I just met my half brother/sisters a few months ago.
Old 05-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
You just brought an thread from 2013 back to life!

I think all you guys know me pretty well.

Maybe something you don't know is I have 2 half brothers and 2 half sisters including two siblings (brother and sister). I just met my half brother/sisters a few months ago.
Wow bigboss - hope they are pleasant to know? My friend met his half-brother 2 weeks ago and it didn't go down well...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018
Administrator

So far so good, one keeps bugging me for money but others they're cool.